Author Topic: Official Ice Cube "I Rep That West" Thread (Audio)  (Read 6184 times)

gio™fugahoo

Re: Official Ice Cube "I Rep That West" Thread (Audio)
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2010, 03:42:18 AM »
i hope the album sell good so other rappers will follow cube on making westcoast music and go away from the south shit
if the album flop we will see no west soundish music in the near future cause the other mainstream west rappers think it don´t sell so let´s hope it sell
let´s pray for cube and the west lol lol

doggfather

« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2010, 03:53:28 AM »
i hope the album sell good so other rappers will follow cube on making westcoast music and go away from the south shit

I hope it 2!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2010, 11:25:31 AM »
Fuck no I wouldnt.This beat is generic,the hook is cheesey and the verses are predictable.Theirs nothing dope about this song.

hahah. You go from saying its "pretty good" to saying its mediocre. Fuck outta here. I know a hater when I see one. Just like an Ice Cube stan would call this a classic, you can't even admit when Ice Cube makes a good song.

Elano

« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2010, 11:58:09 AM »
Fuck no I wouldnt.This beat is generic,the hook is cheesey and the verses are predictable.Theirs nothing dope about this song.

hahah. You go from saying its "pretty good" to saying its mediocre. Fuck outta here. I know a hater when I see one. Just like an Ice Cube stan would call this a classic, you can't even admit when Ice Cube makes a good song.

haha so true  ;D ;)

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2010, 12:16:08 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ESj2Bc0y2PY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ESj2Bc0y2PY</a>
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:18:10 PM by Webby05 »

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »
Iv been bumpin this song a lot. Its got the same feel as Lil Es "What were claimin". Can't wait for the new album.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »
i just want to know this,why is it that cube can go do some lil jon shit and people not trip since they thought it was dope or cool,yet these new guys do it which alot of them came of age on it and it's so wrong? i mean if y'all give cube a past why not give them one when they decide to rap over a "so called traditional golden age west coast beat"? i'm just saying yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2010, 01:43:45 PM »
i just want to know this,why is it that cube can go do some lil jon shit and people not trip since they thought it was dope or cool,yet these new guys do it which alot of them came of age on it and it's so wrong? i mean if y'all give cube a past why not give them one when they decide to rap over a "so called traditional golden age west coast beat"? i'm just saying yell

umm most people called cube out on this forum for doin tracks with lil jon.... the main complaint about laugh now cry later was the lil jon beats... and the drumma boy sounding track "got my locs on" from raw footage... most west coast heads complained bout those tracks

cube even addressed those complaints on his blog and said he was guilty along with other west coast rappers of following the southern trends..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:47:29 PM by West Coast Veteran »

Jaydc

« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »

Youve never changed your opinion of a song before?I listened to it twice,thought it was decent.Then I went back again to see what the big deal of the song was and the more I listened to it the more mediocre it became.Call me a hater however much you like,your the one acting stuck in the past.Cube could drop anything and youd probably call it dope just because its cube.Im not saying its wack or intolerable,thats what a hater would do.Im just criticzing a song that isnt very good.If you cant take it go cry in front of the cube posters on your wall.Maybe elano will hold your hand and you two can reminicse about the goold days of the west

Elano

« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2010, 03:59:52 PM »
Cube could drop anything and youd probably call it dope just because its cube.

like you did with everything from joe budden and crooked I  ::)

Jaydc

« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2010, 04:01:34 PM »
When rappers get older they loose their hungry and that it factor that made them dope in the first place.The music feels forced and manufactured instead of feeling natural.Look at 50 cent,the music he makes now isnt all that different form his music before,his lyrics,flow etc is pretty much the same.Its just missing that x factor,that it,whatever you want to call it,the immeasureable factor in a person.Once he was succesfull he lost it and ti came across in the music.Same with snoop,same with cube.So this song might be alright,but its just cube going trhough the motions and a bunch of people that cant let go of the past that cling to it and think its dope.Fuck outta here,let go of the past,its over,you cant go back to the 90s and niether can these artists.But if you want to listen to this shit and convince yourself its dope more power to you.Its just kinda fucking sad.

Jaydc

« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »
Cube could drop anything and youd probably call it dope just because its cube.

like you did with everything from joe budden and crooked I  ::)

Try again.i criticize their songs all the time.Game was one of my favourite artists and now I get seen as a hater because I think his new shit is wack.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2010, 04:34:19 PM »

umm most people called cube out on this forum for doin tracks with lil jon.... the main complaint about laugh now cry later was the lil jon beats... and the drumma boy sounding track "got my locs on" from raw footage... most west coast heads complained bout those tracks

cube even addressed those complaints on his blog and said he was guilty along with other west coast rappers of following the southern trends..
but who is cube to say when artist should stop rap'n over certain production? i mean it's cool when it gets him a gold plague the first time,yet the second time didn't do so well now it's RAPPERS NEED TO REP JUST WEST WITH PRODUCTION? that's a fucc'n joke and cube is my favorite rapper from the coast, but the bottom line is equals should rap to shit they like not say oh since i'm from the west i can only rap to the  piano? that's lame as hell i like a mixture of beats as long as they dope yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Jaydc

« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »

but who is cube to say when artist should stop rap'n over certain production? i mean it's cool when it gets him a gold plague the first time,yet the second time didn't do so well now it's RAPPERS NEED TO REP JUST WEST WITH PRODUCTION? that's a fucc'n joke and cube is my favorite rapper from the coast, but the bottom line is equals should rap to shit they like not say oh since i'm from the west i can only rap to the  piano? that's lame as hell i like a mixture of beats as long as they dope yell

This.But people just dont get it.You think he cares about the west,thats luaghable.He isnt repping anything.His south shit was failing so he fell back to the westcoast shit and now people are eating it up lol.Its funny.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #224 on: May 10, 2010, 05:06:58 PM »
yeah and that song is dope.....one of my favorite from lil e

Iv been bumpin this song a lot. Its got the same feel as Lil Es "What were claimin". Can't wait for the new album.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.