Author Topic: M.I.A.'s video for "Born Free" off new upcoming album  (Read 482 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: M.I.A.'s video for "Born Free" off new upcoming album
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 10:09:35 PM »
Paper Planes was used in the Pineapple Express trailer and that got more attention then when it was actually used in Slumdog Millionaire. 

Jaydc

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2010, 02:12:44 AM »
Yep,once it was used in the trailer for pineapple express the song blew up.

Jaydc

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 02:14:45 AM »
wow,the video was banned from youtube lol

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 02:37:08 AM »

rofl, doesn't surprise me.  They were on some Faces of Death shit at the end...

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 05:19:35 AM »
I just think there was a more effective way to communicate her message about intolerance and improper policing measures
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 09:26:05 AM »
negroes are too sensitive on youtube.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jaydc

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 09:26:58 AM »

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 02:53:38 AM »
maybe now we can truly understand the plight of the tamil lol

mia has cool tunes but reallly needs to quit the whole POLITICS thing

Why quit?  That's always been part of her art.  Anyway, most of her songs are not even that political.

look im a fan of mia but cmon, this is purely to spark discussion and shock people. you do realise the tamil are basically terrorists responsible for many atrocities? this is what she supports as some ridiculous way to show her heritage and support what her father believed in.

And that's part of her art.  Whatever the reason behind it, it's part of her art. 

no actuallly its not her art, those are her true beliefs. oh supporting terrorists is art now, hahah spare me that. and saying everthing is because of her art is a dumb copout and im sure you know that, you just couldnt think of anything else to say.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2010, 04:35:54 AM »

Why quit?  That's always been part of her art.  Anyway, most of her songs are not even that political.

look im a fan of mia but cmon, this is purely to spark discussion and shock people. you do realise the tamil are basically terrorists responsible for many atrocities? this is what she supports as some ridiculous way to show her heritage and support what her father believed in.

And that's part of her art.  Whatever the reason behind it, it's part of her art. 

no actuallly its not her art, those are her true beliefs. oh supporting terrorists is art now, hahah spare me that. and saying everthing is because of her art is a dumb copout and im sure you know that, you just couldnt think of anything else to say.

Motherfucker, do you even know what art means?  Art can be politically correct, politically incorrect, controversial, non controversial, etc etc etc.  Art is basically your fucking expression.  Believe what you want to believe about her beliefs, point is that she's expressing her opinion through art.  Essentially, that's her art.  Supporting a terrorist can be art, big fucking deal. I ain't no fucking bitch that cries to people because they're using art to express their violent ways, their racist ways or whatever. 

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2010, 05:19:24 AM »
im well aware of what consitutes art, it doesnt make it anymore stupid, and it doesnt mean i will support it despite liking some of her music.

sncere

• Lil Geezy
  • word.is.bond
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2010, 05:22:13 AM »

look im a fan of mia but cmon, this is purely to spark discussion and shock people. you do realise the tamil are basically terrorists responsible for many atrocities?

ur an idiot. that's like saying "u do realise the Muslims are basically terrorists?"
you can't generalise an entire group of people like that. the Tamil Tigers are different from the Tamil people.
the poor klu klux man c that we all brothers
not cos things the same but cos we lack the same color
thats green, now thats mean
cant burn his cross cos he cant afford the gasoline.
-Lupe

Im from where people pray 2 the gods of they conquerors
& practically ery presidents a money launderer
From where the only place democracy's acceptable
is if Americas candidate is electable
& they might even have a black president but he’s useless
Cos he does not control the economy stupid!
-I.T.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2010, 06:09:22 AM »
This is getting deep so id just like to add that she is fine !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2010, 03:51:09 AM »

look im a fan of mia but cmon, this is purely to spark discussion and shock people. you do realise the tamil are basically terrorists responsible for many atrocities?

ur an idiot. that's like saying "u do realise the Muslims are basically terrorists?"
you can't generalise an entire group of people like that. the Tamil Tigers are different from the Tamil people.

im not generalising, dont you realise the fact is that SHE SUPPORTS THE TAMIL TIGERS. this is used in a lot of her imagery and she has admitted this publicly at the beginning of her career. tbh i think the ppl arguing against me are a little uniformed about exactly what MIA has admitted to supporting.

when i have said TAMIL i meant TAMIL TIGERS, but im sure you already know that.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2010, 01:31:45 PM »
This video is fucked up, the dude blows up at the end.  Da fuck was the point of making it that vulgar?  That political shit aint hitting any harder just cuz I see a boy blown into bits.

SMH

Think about it this way, you know after Paper Planes she got a shit load of mainstream fans. Her train of thought is probably, you know what fuck it let me just go all out with my political message in this video when a lot of people are expecting Paper Planes II.  

I mean come on, many Gaga fans are saying M.I.A. is a one hit wonder, fucking M.I.A. is the true artist here.  

Alright, I bet her label hates her now though...  Alotta teens gonna stop checking for her now with that typa video..

don't know how you get that conclusion. I'd say this will actually gain her MORE fans. Its not often these days we get a music video thats actually ENGAGING and thought-provoking, whether for good or bad.

That said, anyone who knows anything about MIA knows she's only famous and well respected because she's always aligned herself with great producers. Her music is good but she herself can't sing or rap for shit and her lyrics are often very lazy and sound like an illiterate 12 year old wrote them.

Are you sure you're not misconstruing the type of people who would enjoy this video, and the type of people who would enjoy her music?

This didn't make me like the song, or her more...  That's as an adult who doesn't follow her shit..

To a teen who likes her shit, and they watch this video.  They are gonna shrug this off because it ain't have anything they can relate to, or want to relate to.

Not at all, I know the type of people that listen to MIA. We're talking 80% people who take style over substance. She's the frontrunner of "trend" and appeals to the NME crowd much more than the type of musical diversity she pretends to appeal to. They'll lap this controversy up like thirsty cats.

Sikotic™

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2010, 03:13:28 PM »
Kids are getting murdered all over the work everyday over bullshit.

People are comforted by their ignorance and when someone puts it in their faces, they can't take it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE