Author Topic: Eminem "Not Afraid" 1st Single off Recovery!  (Read 6551 times)

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
Re: Eminem "Not Afraid" 1st Single off Recovery!
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2010, 10:38:08 AM »
If Eminem raps like this on most of the album (minus the singing) there could be some great tracks  knowing Blaze and Khalil have worked on it ...  I hope the Havoc track will make it aswell

This beat is totally garbage though ... wassup with these very  cheap beats these days ... this one and that new Game-JT song got to be a joke  :-X

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2010, 11:20:25 AM »

The producer's manager is the VP of Interscope nuff said lol

lucasfrenay

• 'G'
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2010, 03:24:01 PM »
Eminem-Not_Afraid-CDM-2010

8)

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2010, 03:27:02 PM »
I like this record!

Em's flow, delivary are way to intense for this beat..
Although, it kinda makes you focus more on his lyrics and such..
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
Yo this song is niiice!! different but i like it!! Eminem did a great thing, its nice to see that he can flow on a current style of beat to keep himself updated! Props to him!

westside159

« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2010, 04:48:30 PM »
this beat is bumpin like it

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2010, 05:17:25 PM »
The beat makes sense IF its an indication of eminem going back to his roots in hiphop and getting back to basics and just making good joints. Its not bad at all imo though the drum pattern is OTT and to be honest, if anything this sounds like a typical eminem mediocre production just with a less monotone sound and sounding abit more atmospheric with the string/synth or whatever it is in the background constantly and with additional keys. Infact i wouldnt be suprised to see some additional eminem work on the beat.

Regardless this is a good joint. The comparisons with the production on relapse is stupid because regardless if the beats on relapse were superior, the joints mostly were wack so as productions they were weak and bland often. And the beats regardless of this track on relapse wasnt anything amazing apart from a few nice nice beats but again, as a whole joint and as a cd, relapse was weak. This on the other hand is a more than solid start to recovery, cant complain at all. And im straight up, i dont care about hurting eminem groupies lol, i just say it like i see it  ;)

Avalanche

« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2010, 06:38:02 PM »
Hmm, so maino had this beat first i see... Kinda like his version better.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4mil3d1yuzg

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2010, 08:31:39 PM »

don't know if this been posted before but saw this on another site..

update: here's the 'official' single cover for 'Not Afraid'

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2010, 08:48:46 PM »
 Just listend to it. Must admit my initial reaction was bad, could see what people were saying about the beat and hook but the more i listened the more i liked.
 I found that the song got better the longer it went on. I like the beat overal but agree the snare drum sounds weak.
 Good song, differant, not really single material though, IMO.

westside159

« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2010, 10:16:33 PM »
Beat is dope 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Eminem "Not Afraid" 1st Single off Recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!(tags)
« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2010, 12:31:28 AM »
 I like the track, and I like that after 5 studio albums, Em is finally ready to drop the gimmicky first single that had kind of become a tradition for him.  I think that decision will please hardcore Eminem fans, although I'm not sure how the more casual fans will react to it.  Personally, I think it's the right direction for him to be moving.  I actually wasn't a big detractor of "Relapse."  However, one of my criticisms of it was that "We Made You," seemed too jokey to really fit the tone of the rest of the album.  It seemed like, in that case Eminem felt the need to put the "obligatory" gimmick single on there, even though it didn't really jibe with the rest of the album. With this song though, I don't get that sense at all.  
  That line on here about "Relapse" was interesting too.  It seems as though Eminem is his own worst critic.  But I definitely prefer that to him acting like "Relapse" was a perfect album.  And the absence of the now infamous "accent" makes me think he is making a conscious effort to listen to his fans.
  Overall, I'm happy with the way this track turned out.  I can't say Em knocked this one out of the park.  But I would consider this a big step in the right direction.  I liked the chorus.  The beat was nice.  And Eminem's lyrics were straight forward and to the point, rather than relying on accents or jokes about celebrities and pop culture.  I hope the rest of the album follows suit.
did we listen to the same album?

You didn't think it sounded a lot more poppy than the tone of the rest of "Relapse," ?  I have to say I thought the same thing about "Crack a Bottle," which is a shame because it was one of the few accent-free tracks on the album.  But to me those two songs, while okay as stand alone songs, seem oddly out of place within the context of the album.
well if you really want to go that route, i'm sure you can mention more songs from that album that fit the description?
it's not like the rest of the album is dark

Good to hear Em using his normal voice again and spitting some worthwhile lyrics.  However, the beat is very mediocre and the hook/bridge is just alright.  

But for real, why can't Em spit some relevant shit with Dre's team overseeing production duties?  This beat is so underwhelming and disappointing yet he wants to make music that is more timeless.  This ain't the one.  
looks like we're on the same page  :cheers:

This is better than the entire Relapse album combined. You can hear that it benefit's Eminem to work with new producers. The beats on Relapse was mediocre and bland, and somewhat uninspiring. However, I think Recovery will be very good

If the beats on relapse were mediocre and bland then that makes this beat the equivalent of someone farting for a bassline and another person hitting a stick on a can every few seconds.
oh shit, you're getting more serious lately, jay! nice.

agreed, simple Dre beat> this boring beat

It seemed pretty dark to me.  But it has been a while, so let's have a look see:

There you go, Dreday.  Just for you.  My opinion on the whooooooole album. lol  You were right right.  There were a few more tracks, that in retrospect, I thought weren't dark tracks either.  Btw, I don't think I've ever typed "dark" as many in trying to make a point, as I did just there.  I still stand by my opinion though that "We Made You" and "Crack a Bottle" were the too most light-hearted tracks on the album.  And they both seem poppier to me than "I'm Not Afraid."
LOL i didn't expect a breakdown, but it's all good, i've read it, but only quoted a part of your post.
yes the single choices were obvious, i just disagree that they didn't fit the album at all.
your point about the subject matter is valid though

The more I listen to it two things become more and more apparent.One,eminem is completely on top of his game,his flow,voice,lyrics everything is top notch,I have high hopes for recovery.An the second this beat is fucking horrible,that snare is so cheap sounding and so irritating.Ugh.Every single beat on relapse was better then this.

hm, wrong. But thanks for trying.

What was wrong? Seems on point to me
he's just trying to discredit the opinion.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:34:58 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2010, 01:42:52 AM »
Apparently Havocs got a beat on the album.

I love the verses but the chorus is just cheesy to me.
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2010, 02:10:44 AM »
With all the doe, equipment, producers  and this is the best that they could come up with!!!!!!! C'mon all the keyboard sounds that are available man what has hip hop come to??????? Em you on point but the beats ???????????????????????????? >:(

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2010, 03:03:06 AM »
Apparently Havocs got a beat on the album.

I love the verses but the chorus is just cheesy to me.

Havoc rarely disappoints, one of the real underrated producers in hip hop. i agree to an extent that the chorus is kinda cheesy, but i think it almost fits into the radio-friendly side, but then lyrically its one of his strongest singles for years...almost caters to both markets

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare