Author Topic: When did it change from puff daddy records to bad boy ?  (Read 230 times)

KURUPTION-81

When did it change from puff daddy records to bad boy ?
« on: May 01, 2010, 06:35:58 AM »
Just wandering as im listening to Ready To Die and the cd/case/booklet has got puff daddy records all over it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

wardy

Re: When did it change from puff daddy records to bad boy ?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 06:46:29 AM »
It has the Puff Daddy Records logo on my Forever album aswell

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 06:51:30 AM »

good spot i dug out a few albums that should have bad boy on them but they have puff daddy records on it, except for some i imported from the states.

So im guessing its a UK thing puff daddy records

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

StevenQBosell

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 04:41:08 PM »

good spot i dug out a few albums that should have bad boy on them but they have puff daddy records on it, except for some i imported from the states.

yeah my uncle was in the military, and had (prolly still does) an an OG "Ready To DIe" CD he got in a Guam record store. I had bought that album maybe 4 months after it came out and noticed that same thing. I thought he was getting bootlegs, but a few years later he had Life after, Can't Nobody, and that 1st 112 CD, and they all had Puff Daddy Records on it... so yeah, I think his label has got a domestic name and an international name

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 05:57:40 PM »
My Ready To Die is also "on" Puff Daddy Records if I recall correct. Will have to check when get home this summer.

kemizt

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »
Ready To Die was one of the first albums I ever copped and I happened to buy mine when I took a trip to Ireland, so mine has Puff Daddy Records on it too 8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 01:48:38 AM »
When I saw it, I just thought it was named PD Rec. cause of lack of creativity from Diddy and that the name Bad Boy cam later.

kemizt

Young Old Head

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 02:47:19 AM »
it was always bad boy records in tha states. in europe tha first bb releases came out under puff daddy records... read about it but can't recall the exact reason right now...

Cash Money Blood Gang

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 02:50:23 AM »
"Bad Boy Records" name was already reserved by a British electronic music label, so that's why the Puff Daddy Records for releases outside North America. The British label is now defunct, so if you bought the Duets album it has Bad Boy Records stamp on it instead of Puffy.
http://www.discogs.com/label/Bad+Boy+Records
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 08:36:54 AM »

SMH @ puff daddy fans
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens