Author Topic: Suga Free - "The New Testament"  (Read 2147 times)

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
Suga Free - "The New Testament"
« on: December 07, 2002, 08:02:42 PM »
Suga Free
The New Testament
Bungalo Records

"It's Richard Pryor's lyrics over some Dr. Dre-type production," Quik said of the rapper's new material. "It's real interesting. It's comedy, but really street, really vulgar, on the pimp thing. He's a real rhythmic dude. He can beat on the table and rap at the same time without missing a beat. That takes a lot of talent."

Suga Free - Yeah, I wanna call it "The New Testament" because when I'm around and I talk to people (Laughs). I mean I don't know it's like I'm Santa Clause ridin' and I done gave them something. I met a lot of pimps man that I done helped. I met a lot of pimps that travel across country and my cd gets them from point A to point B, you know what I'm sayin' and I feel good man cause who else is gonna put it down like that. That's why these girls like me cause I ain't scared to talk about that shit and stay on that shit. Not just for a minute. I ain't bullshittin' man.

ThaFormula.com - When are you looking to drop the new album?

Suga Free - I think early 2003.

ThaFormula.com - How is this album gonna be different from the last one?

Suga Free - It ain't gonna be different. I'm gonna talk about the same shit and ain't nothin gonna be different. I'm just a little more political now. But the same shit applies everyday so I'm not changing nothin'. I'm stayin' with the game. I'm stayin' with what the book say. The book don't change. The rules always been the same and it's only a few of them and they don't change.

ThaFormula.com - Is it gonna be completely done by Quik?

Suga Free - Oh yeah, ain't no other producer gonna touch this I don't think.

ThaFormula.com - How many songs have you guys recorded so far?

Suga Free - Probably 3 or 4.

ThaFormula.com - How long do you picture it taking to record?

Suga Free - If I'm there with him everyday man probably a few weeks. I see the album being done and complete in a month or two.

IM HYPED!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 03:45:22 PM by Yeah! »

BL7

Re:Suga Free - "The New Testament"
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 04:57:37 PM »
This & "The Self" are my most anticipated albums for 2003. Suga Free's never disappointed me.

Peace

SikksTrey

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 07:52:51 AM »
Hopefully it will be just as "Street Gospel", classic. Can wait for this album to drop!
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2002, 11:04:04 AM »
yeah quick and suga free called in to kmel about 30 minutes ago, and quick sounded pretty pissed saying that suge shouldn't be in the game and sid not to buy death row records.......... he said that right now they are working on suga frees record and they siad they bustin their ass and want it to go plat............qucik said there bringing all the heavy hitters for this album

Quote - TOOTHBRUSH  on: December 21, 2002, 11:51:10 PM

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=25750

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2002, 09:00:17 AM »
yeah i cant wait for this shit......

S.G.V.

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2002, 12:20:01 AM »
the S.G.V. is gonna be flooded with this shit when it drops....cant wait

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2002, 12:03:25 AM »
yea i cant wait 4 this cd 4 real been waitn 4 a new suga free 4 a few years now

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
Re:Suga Free - "All About The PI"
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2003, 02:12:54 PM »
Bungalo Records aims to make some pretty major moves in 2003 and they have started the year nicely with the acquisition of Bone Thugs N Harmony member Bizzy Bone. Bizzy now joins the company of DJ Quik, Suga Free and Mack 10 as well as Quik's protege Amir.

Releases for the label include Bizzy Bone's new album which due for release in Spring this year and has a tentative title of "7th Sign". Mack 10 plans to drop 'Ghetto, Gutter and Gangsta' and the new album from Suga Free will also finally drop and will be titled 'It's All About the PI

http://urban.fan2fan.com/Common/Links/LinkTo.asp?Link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eraptism%2Ecom%2Fnews%2Eshtml&Title=Bizzy+Bone+Joins+Bungalo+Records

www.Bungalorecords.com
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 02:13:39 PM by yeah »

S.G.V.

Re:Suga Free - "It's All About The PI"
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2003, 12:55:23 AM »
mack dime is on bungalo?!?...i thought he was gettin down with D3...i guess that was just for Da Hood album...

funkstylz

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2003, 04:32:47 PM »
mack 10's a record label slut

Kaidy

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2003, 06:49:35 PM »
Anyone else think that new title 'Its All About the PI' is kinda wack? I liked The New Testament better since it kinda related to his first album title.

all that Keep It PI shit is already played out to me.

EM28

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2003, 07:50:58 PM »
yeah i cant wait for this shit......

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 12:40:28 PM »
Anyone else think that new title 'Its All About the PI' is kinda wack? I liked The New Testament better since it kinda related to his first album title.

all that Keep It PI shit is already played out to me.

I agree. And Murrow this album title isnt really confirmed so you didnt have to edit the title of the topic.

EM28

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 10:26:09 PM »
suga free's first cd was dope as fuck.

peace

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2003, 04:06:37 PM »
Interview with Saccs (AKA Dazzie Dee)

Which Projects Are You Working On Lately Or About To Work On Outside Of Your Own Label? & Have You Begun Doin’ Something On The Compton Carr
Project?

- I’ve Recently Finished The Suga Free Album Together With DJ Quik.

http://users.pandora.be/railing.-.works1/InterviewDazzieDeeFD.htm

So theres another producer on the project. He's also done dope shit for Mausberg, Sqeek and on the Konnectid Project (although i thought the non-quik songs were wack).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2003, 04:07:55 PM by Yeah! »