Author Topic: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.  (Read 9136 times)

Sccit

Re: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2010, 01:05:24 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006-2007_NBA_season#Western_Conference

can we just close the thread?

it was kind of funny how back in the day when people use to say players on the Lakers were wack, NIK fought each and every battle & even made Jordan Farmar out to be some All-Star; now when we're saying, you were right, they are mad good, that's why they win, he QUICKLY turns it around to "Kobe makes them good, they're just alright without him" lol.

EDIT: who are you tryna fool, brah? hypothetically speaking of course, if LeBron, D-Wade & Chris Bosh teamed up in the off-season & won the next seven rings together, you would find something to bitch at about LeBron & how his winning doesn't compare to Kobe's.

I dont get what your argument is...I never said the Laker supporting players were whack, and I never made them out to be better than they were either. They are what they are, a champion supporting cast who know their role, partly because their leader is a champion who helps guide them into that winning mentality. If LeBron wins 7 rings while playing at the highest level, he will definitely be in the argument for greatest of all time. Like I said, even if LeBron wins it this year, my opinion on him will change drastically...PeACe

Would u say if Jordan left the league after his 5th title...the Jazz would have won the championship the following year, instead of the Bulls?

Could be...I can't say what would have happened, many things coulda gone down different in the NBA had Jordan not played in 97-98. In what way is  that relevant to the topic?

I think most people would say the Jazz would have won that series. There was no team in the league better then them...OTHER then the Bulls. With that being said...if Jordan would have left a year early, Malone would have a title. Would that make him a better player all time because Jordan wasnt there?

A championship on Malone's resume would definitely add to his legacy and up his rank. Can't say if he woulda won it or not, though. Maybe whoever came out of the east instead of the Bulls that year woulda won it, or maybe the NBA season woulda played out different if teams weren't focused on beating the Bulls that year.. who knows?...the point is, you can't base shit on ifs and buts. Malone didn't win a ring in his career and that's part of what defines him as a player. If Jordan was just "as good" as he was, but never won a championship (don't really think that's possible, but lets just say it is for the sake of argument), do you think his legacy would be as celebrated as it currently is? Honestly?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2010, 01:05:49 PM »
Nik do you like kobes new pics?

Jaydc

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »
I want to see nik defend kobes pilgrim pictures.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2010, 01:29:18 PM »

it was kind of funny how back in the day when people use to say players on the Lakers were wack, NIK fought each and every battle & even made Jordan Farmar out to be some All-Star; now when we're saying, you were right, they are mad good, that's why they win, he QUICKLY turns it around to "Kobe makes them good, they're just alright without him" lol.

EDIT: who are you tryna fool, brah? hypothetically speaking of course, if LeBron, D-Wade & Chris Bosh teamed up in the off-season & won the next seven rings together, you would find something to bitch at about LeBron & how his winning doesn't compare to Kobe's.

I dont get what your argument is...I never said the Laker supporting players were whack, and I never made them out to be better than they were either. They are what they are, a champion supporting cast who know their role, partly because their leader is a champion who helps guide them into that winning mentality. If LeBron wins 7 rings while playing at the highest level, he will definitely be in the argument for greatest of all time. Like I said, even if LeBron wins it this year, my opinion on him will change drastically...PeACe

Would u say if Jordan left the league after his 5th title...the Jazz would have won the championship the following year, instead of the Bulls?

Could be...I can't say what would have happened, many things coulda gone down different in the NBA had Jordan not played in 97-98. In what way is  that relevant to the topic?

I think most people would say the Jazz would have won that series. There was no team in the league better then them...OTHER then the Bulls. With that being said...if Jordan would have left a year early, Malone would have a title. Would that make him a better player all time because Jordan wasnt there?

A championship on Malone's resume would definitely add to his legacy and up his rank. Can't say if he woulda won it or not, though. Maybe whoever came out of the east instead of the Bulls that year woulda won it, or maybe the NBA season woulda played out different if teams weren't focused on beating the Bulls that year.. who knows?...the point is, you can't base shit on ifs and buts. Malone didn't win a ring in his career and that's part of what defines him as a player. If Jordan was just "as good" as he was, but never won a championship (don't really think that's possible, but lets just say it is for the sake of argument), do you think his legacy would be as celebrated as it currently is? Honestly?

Jordan? No. Definitely not. But I also think it has a LOT to do with the dynamics of the team you won with. I used Malone for a reason when I asked. Cus originally this talk was about Kobe and LeBron (I'll explain). If Malone won 6 championships...and Jordan won 6, Jordans 6 would outweigh Malones as far as public perception goes. The reason? Cus although Jordan had Pippen, Jordan was without question...THE man on those teams. When you thought Bulls...you thought Jordan. HE was the face. Malone however, was part of a duo that were always mentioned in the same breath. It was Stockton and Malone. Neither was considered THE man on that team. Shit, if you asked a lot of people...Stockton was the leader of those teams, not Malone. That to me, is what hurts Malone in the "greatest PF of all time" argument. When you think of Duncan and his championship runs, you think "Duncans Spurs". If Malone won titles, youd think "Stockton and Malones Jazz". Likewise, with the Lakers 3-peats....a lot of people feel Shaq was the focal point of those teams. But regardless of that or where your opinion on that is....it was always "Shaq and Kobe". And you know that. So people tend to look at those titles as Kobe being a key part of a great team.  Thats why I dont weigh the championships so heavily...ALWAYS. Sometimes, yes. In Jordans case...the championships are huge (he was the main guy). In Duncans case, they are huge (he was the main guy). Hakeem, huge. Kobe winning the championship last year as THE man, huge. Lebron has been THE man on this team since day one...and still (IMO), we havent seen his best yet. But I dont think we can use championships to question where he stands in the ranks of current NBA'rs because youd have a difficult time finding ANYONE who believes the Lakers would not have won those titles with Shaq....if Lebron was playing with him. The entire Lakers team was so good together.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2010, 02:18:56 PM »

Why did he do this?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2010, 02:22:54 PM »

Why did he do this?

I gotta pretty good guess...but I dont think NIK would like it.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2010, 03:41:14 PM »

Jordan? No. Definitely not. But I also think it has a LOT to do with the dynamics of the team you won with. I used Malone for a reason when I asked. Cus originally this talk was about Kobe and LeBron (I'll explain). If Malone won 6 championships...and Jordan won 6, Jordans 6 would outweigh Malones as far as public perception goes. The reason? Cus although Jordan had Pippen, Jordan was without question...THE man on those teams. When you thought Bulls...you thought Jordan. HE was the face. Malone however, was part of a duo that were always mentioned in the same breath. It was Stockton and Malone. Neither was considered THE man on that team. Shit, if you asked a lot of people...Stockton was the leader of those teams, not Malone. That to me, is what hurts Malone in the "greatest PF of all time" argument. When you think of Duncan and his championship runs, you think "Duncans Spurs". If Malone won titles, youd think "Stockton and Malones Jazz". Likewise, with the Lakers 3-peats....a lot of people feel Shaq was the focal point of those teams. But regardless of that or where your opinion on that is....it was always "Shaq and Kobe". And you know that. So people tend to look at those titles as Kobe being a key part of a great team.  Thats why I dont weigh the championships so heavily...ALWAYS. Sometimes, yes. In Jordans case...the championships are huge (he was the main guy). In Duncans case, they are huge (he was the main guy). Hakeem, huge. Kobe winning the championship last year as THE man, huge. Lebron has been THE man on this team since day one...and still (IMO), we havent seen his best yet. But I dont think we can use championships to question where he stands in the ranks of current NBA'rs because youd have a difficult time finding ANYONE who believes the Lakers would not have won those titles with Shaq....if Lebron was playing with him. The entire Lakers team was so good together.

Malone should not be penalized for his greatness because he played alongside a superstar, especially not over Duncan, who won with not just one star, but an all-star backcourt (Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli). When you win a championship and you're playing at an MVP level, it doesn't matter how your help came. Whether you played alongside two all-stas or one superstar, help is help, and it takes help to when a ring. Considering Malone was playing at the highest level possible, the Jazz was his team just as much as it was Stockton's team and just as much as the Spurs are Duncan's team. When the Bulls won that second threepeat, some considered Scottie Pippen the 2nd best player in the league behind Jordan. Should Jordan be penalized for that? Sure, it was clearly Jordan's team, but if Jordan was in Kobe's shoes and he had to play behind a personality like Shaq, then it woulda been Shaq's team just as much as it would've been Jordan's team, because that's the type of presence Shaq was in his prime...So no, Kobe should not get penalized for being a focal point on a great basketball team because the team wasn't considered only his...A champion playing at the highest level is a champion playing at the highest level...doesnt matter if your help comes from the greatest bench ever and two all-stars or if it comes from playing alongside another superstar hall-of-famer and a bunch of decent role players...either way, you're winning a ring playing at the highest level, and Kobe was able to do that while LeBron is still not. and no way Lakers threepeat with LeBron replacing Kobe. You know why? 1.Shaq dominates the paint and clogs up the interior. LeBron scores a bulk of his points in the paint. It wouldn't work nearly as good or wouldn't be close to as effective...A big reason Shaq was able to peak alongside Kobe was because Kobe was a deadly shooter from outside, so they had the vital inside-outside game, the deadly 1-2 punch. LeBron also usually needs the ball in his hands to be effective, and we all know how much of the offense Shaq demanded be ran through him. 2.Lakers would not have advanced in some of those though 7 game series' against the Kings and Blazers had it not been for Kobe's clutch play down the stretch, closing vital games that coulda easily went the other way. We all know LeBron doesn't have the clutch factor that Kobe has, that's not even argued by the LeBron faithful, so what makes you so sure LeBron, especially LeBron in his early 20s, would have been able to close out those 4th quarters and win games for the Lakers on a regular basis with his clutch play? It wasnt a breeze for the Lakers to threepeat...Every last factor was vital and Kobe, along with Shaq, were both the focal point of that era...I don't even like discussing ifs and buts...lets just see what LeBron does...If he wins it this year, I'll shut up...if not, I'll definitely be able to say "I told you so" to all the LeBron fanboys out there. Lets take the wait and see approach...after all, we only have 2 months left for the results.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2010, 03:51:31 PM »

Why did he do this?

this can easily be a photoshop

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »
i don't know, brah.

i could of sworn you said Pau was better than Dwight & Andrew Bynum was going to be the next big thing & you said Odom was incredible & it's no secret that Ron Artest could be the best defender in Basketball.

the Lakers could make the Playoffs without Kobe, even in the West.

the Cavs wouldn't make the Playoffs without LeBron, in the East.

he says byum > howard too lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jaydc

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2010, 03:59:56 PM »

Sccit

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »
i don't know, brah.

i could of sworn you said Pau was better than Dwight & Andrew Bynum was going to be the next big thing & you said Odom was incredible & it's no secret that Ron Artest could be the best defender in Basketball.

Howard is currently better, of course, but Bynum has the tools and potential to be the better and more complete center.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2010, 05:20:03 PM »
i don't know, brah.

Howard is currently better, of course, but Bynum has the tools and potential to be the better and more complete center.

as long as Kobe makes him that good. :D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2010, 08:46:57 PM »
that be crazy if bynum ever became better that howard
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »
i don't know, brah.

than Josh Howard yes

Dwight no
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2010, 08:11:24 AM »
i don't know, brah.

than Josh Howard yes

Dwight no

dwight has no offensive game at all.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.