Author Topic: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.  (Read 8953 times)

Jaydc

Re: Why LeBron Will NEVER Be Kobe...Cleveland is FINISHED.
« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »
You know that 90 percent of your posts contain the word kobe?Dont you see you have a problem?You need help.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2010, 09:45:50 PM »
You know that 90 percent of your posts contain the word kobe?Dont you see you have a problem?You need help.

anyone noticed how the nba didnt have one single commercial with kobe & lebum this time around lmao..... 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2010, 02:53:04 AM »
There is no such thing as clutch, players don't magically become better in the last minute or last quarter.  

That is honestly about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Some players do get more nervous when a shot/series/play means more...they don't play as loose, becuase their is more pressure on them. Some players play better in those circumstances, because they become even looser when they have more to prove. The latter is far rarer than the former...and this applies to any profession (not just sports).

Of course of course it's the "dumbest" thing you've heard.  I mean that's why Alex Rodriguez was seen as the biggest choke job in the playoffs, yet somehow he magically produced the way he does in the regular season in the playoffs last year leading the Yankees to a World Series.  Did A-Rod get balls before the 2009 playoffs?  Did he get medication to play more loose?  Did he get laid right before a game?  ZOMG the possibilities!  The answer is, well he just happened to perform like his normal self in the playoffs.  This type of shit happens!  It's called streaks, sometimes they happen in the playoffs sometimes they happen in the regular season.

To say there's no such thing as "clutch" is just dumb, man, and you gotta understand where i'm coming from. Of course, some players who usually fold under pressure might face the pressure calmly at some point. Or it could also be that there are some players who don't always fold under pressure..maybe it depends on the mood they're in as they're facing the pressure. But, really, there's no doubt about it, some players are clearly more prone to folding under pressure, while some are more prone to intensifying their game under that same pressure, and performing at higher levels when there's more at stake. It's really not debatable...PeACe

There's a difference between clutch moments and the idea of clutch players.  The idea that some players are more prone to do X in this situation than Y is just in your head.  This type of stuff is hard to analyze, you can't easily put it in stats and you can definitely not call it out with your eye.    When I said there's no such thing as clutch, I basically mean that clutch isn't easy to spot, quantify, or whatever.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2010, 03:06:12 AM »
Here's a perfect example of how things can change with "clutch" stats from one year to the next

These are stats where the game is in the 4th quarter or overtime and neither team ahead of 5 points or more

2008-2009 top 3 in Pts/48 min

Kobe Bryant: 56.7 46%
Lebron James: 55.9 55%
Carmello Anthony: 54.4  57%

2009-2010

Lebron James: 66.1 49%
Kobe Bryant: 51.2 44%
Dirk Nowitzki: 47.2 45%

Our eyes are deceiving and tend to just look for stuff that we agree upon before hand. 

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2010, 03:59:28 AM »
This is coming from someone who's a neutral fan of NBA, without any favorite team. There's obviously something going on with Lebron and his play off games. We've seen it happen like 3 years in a row now. Cleveland is killing it in the regular season and than completely fails in the play offs. And exact opposite with Kobe. Lakers usually "suck" (for their standards) in the regular but step it up in the play offs. And it's funny to me how people can't see that Kobe really is indeed a clutch player and that Lebron chokes on the regular. At first I thought, ok, he's still young etc. but now this shit happened 3rd time in a row. I'm not saying Lebron is solely to blame but still... And I think Lebron is an amazing player but there's a difference between a great player and basketball icons... and yeah rings do matter.

It's same with other sports. Take tennis for example... Federer always plays average to the finals, while guys like Murray, Verdasco, Djokovic play great but then completely choke in the finals.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2010, 04:49:24 AM »
Could we stop pretending that LeBron plays with a collection of future Hall of Famers? If they'd do average in the regular season noone would say they are underachieving. It's just that they do so suprisingly good in the reg season, that it is disappointing for them to not go to the Finals. Well, with Orlando and Boston the East elite got real competitive, much more than the West currently. 2 Years ago the Celtics embarrassed Kobe and the Lakers, and the reason they didn't do much in 2009 was due to Garnett's injury. The only guys who were real All-Star caliber players on the Cavs besides LeBron are Z and Jamison, and boy those niggas is washed up. The team is better than it used to be, of course, but it is still not a real championship team. The year they went to the Finals, they basically were trash except for LeBron. They still made it because the East didn't have Boston or Orlando yet and because James was completely ridiculous. Laker niggas seem to have forgotten about the way he fucking torched the Pistons in Game 5. Much like yall have forgotten how Kobe quit on his sucky teammates in game 7 against the Suns. Or how Kobe and the Lakers got punked by the Celtics in a similiar fashion. Niggas be forgetting what they don't wanna know.

The blunt truth is, that Mike Brown is a horrible, horrible coach and that the Cavs teammates are not exactly the best you can wish for. Being a regular season success is the most you can ask for under those circumstances. Anything else, like a championship or so, would be nuts.
I really wish James gets a decent or even good coach before his prime ends. I'm sure he'd also develop into a better player if he doesn't have to coach himself anymore.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:55:22 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2010, 04:57:55 AM »
Nobody is denying (as far as I've seen) that Kobe hasn't had his share of failures. But at the end of the day Kobe has 4 rings and Lebron zero. I don't see how that's not a relevant argument. It's not like they are some average players, with little ambition who are happy just to play in the NBA. It's fucking Lebron and Kobe.  It's just like music, where you have artist on a major label who obviously want sales, worldwide tours, grammy awards.... Then you have independent aritst who are happy with their small loyal fan base.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2010, 05:03:23 AM »
Nobody is denying (as far as I've seen) that Kobe hasn't had his share of failures. But at the end of the day Kobe has 4 rings and Lebron zero. I don't see how that's not a relevant argument. It's not like they are some average players, with little ambition who are happy just to play in the NBA. It's fucking Lebron and Kobe.  It's just like music, where you have artist on a major label who obviously want sales, worldwide tours, grammy awards.... Then you have independent aritst who are happy with their small loyal fan base.

A ring is not just a ring nigga. Technically, LeBron could very easily get rings if he just signed with a contender for the MLE. But noone would respect that. It's much more respectable to win rings with your sucky home team. And much harder also. Just ask Kobe - he knew why he wouldn't want to play for the sucky Hornets. I'm not sure he'd have a ring if he played for them all career long  ;)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jaydc

« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2010, 05:40:00 AM »
Compare all the teams  kobe played with to win those rings with against the teams lebron has played with and its not even close talent wise.Players dont win rings,teams do.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2010, 06:48:36 AM »
lakers fans have being saying that for years. all we keep hearing from you retards is how jordan, shaq, and magic did on their own.....now you fags are hiding behind this team shit b/c you dont want give kobe his props, it's kobes fault when they lose but it's the team when they win..lol

Jaydc

« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2010, 07:07:59 AM »
Ive never said that.

teecee

« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2010, 09:29:38 AM »
First, when Boston is healthy, they are a great team.  Lebron did a great job on Pierce, and the Celtics still won.

Second, Jamison was 2-8 last night, and is HORRIBLE at defense.   

Third, Mo Williams...great in the first half, but did he even play in the second?

4th- Shaq got KILLED by Garnett

Lebron had 27, 19, and 10 (plus a shitload of TO's)...he has to do too much on this team.  Crunch time- everyone disappears and its all on Lebron.

I'm calling it...Mike Brown is fired in the next week...great d coach, but no idea on how to make adjustments or get the most out of his guys...

I say Lebron opts out...

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
lakers fans have being saying that for years. all we keep hearing from you retards is how jordan, shaq, and magic did on their own.....now you fags are hiding behind this team shit b/c you dont want give kobe his props, it's kobes fault when they lose but it's the team when they win..lol

you know how it is dog, everyone has amnesia when they lose or look stupid, when they win their memory is at their best lmao.....convenient huh... ;)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2010, 09:57:58 AM »
give kobe the cavs with jamison, moon, Z, mo. he'll get out of the east no problem.

imagine lebron having the same team in the west, this guys pathetic, walking triple double for nothing. lol at this guy not getting out of the eastern conference.

come to the west lebron for the REAL playoffs

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »
If Cleveland wins the championship, this thread will end up pretty funny lol

And if Cleveland loses in the second round to the Boston Celtics, then we can conclude that NIKCC and those who agreed with him were right?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)