Author Topic: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!  (Read 2703 times)

Jaydc

Re: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2010, 03:34:44 PM »
And I see someone mention hip hop heads loving Jay.Well,from all the people Ive met in my life,the hip hop fans all acknowledge Jays success and hits,you cant deny them.But they arent fans or think hes anything special.The people I see listening to jay z are people that listen to vampire weekend and coldplay and lil wayne and whatever else is top 40.Now,thats not not me knocking Jay z,their nothing wrong with being a pop act,but thats what he is.The people I see that listen to him and love him love mainstream music they arent so called hip hop heads.Shit,Ive been to him in concert just look at the people who comes to his shows.

Jome

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2010, 03:51:32 PM »
It seems to me theirs teh Jay hardcore fans who believe hes the goat and all his albums are either classic or dope,and then the rest of the people who just see him as better then average with an inconsistent discography that gets highly over rated.

It seems to me that 90% of people who know their hip hop will rank Jay at least in the top 10, and then there's the 10% remaining, denying any skills, classics, discography and influence.

These are often the people that puts up camel pictures, pulls Illuminati into the discussion, what Pac said, or they think Cam'ron is the best thing since cooked crack.. and some people just don't like him, fair enough.

I don't see how when 6 out of your 12 albums are considered listenable (and that's being generous) that it's the best discography out. That doesn't even make sense.

This post doesn't make sense to me.. 6 of 12 albums isn't listenable?
You must dislike Jay as much as I dislike Lil Wayne then.. fair game.

Jaydc

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
So 90 percent huh?Thats pretty laughable.i dont deny his skills,his TWO classics,but his discography is insoncistent and hes not as big of an inlfuence as he likes to tell you he is.id say its nowhere near 90 percent.Like i said the only people Ive come across in my life that think really highly of jay,are people who I wouldnt care about their opinion of hip hop since they like mainstream top 40 shit.not thats theirs anything wrong with loving tha type of music,but you dont take them seriously when it comes to hip hop.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2010, 04:09:26 PM »
Why haven't OutKast been mention in here, first 4 albums = 4 classics.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2010, 04:18:22 PM »
Outbound connection
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Sikotic™

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2010, 04:26:51 PM »
Why haven't OutKast been mention in here, first 4 albums = 4 classics.
I was going to mention them, but I assumed someone would argue that Outkast is a group and Jay is a solo artist. Outkast's discography would definitely be in my top 5......not Jay though.

It seems to me that 90% of people who know their hip hop will rank Jay at least in the top 10, and then there's the 10% remaining, denying any skills, classics, discography and influence.
Who is denying Jay's skills, classic albums or even his influence on hip-hop? This entire argument was about Jay's discography.

It's like you think because some people (more than 10%) think that Jay's discog is overrated that it equates to those same people hating Jay-z when that's not the case. It's just not everyone is drinking the Jay-z Kool-Aid and acting like everything he has done in hip-hop is untouchable. Is Jay-Z a great business man? Yes. Can he market himself well? Yes. Has he had an impact in hip-hop? Yes. Is his discography anywhere near the top 5 discographies in hip-hop? HELL NO!

I just think you're a big fan of Jay-z, and nothing is wrong with that at all, but it causes you to over inflate Jay's accomplishments. The fact that people posting pictures of dead camels irritates you shows how partial you are to Jay.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jome

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2010, 04:50:13 PM »
Is his discography anywhere near the top 5 discographies in hip-hop? HELL NO!

Well, I think you're in a minority then..

The fact that people posting pictures of dead camels irritates you shows how partial you are to Jay.

Ehh no. People derailing threads is always annoying.

Geesta

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2010, 05:09:11 PM »

so just cus Sikotic is black and im mexican and we both share the same opinions about jiggas discographies, we are minorities
 >:(

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2010, 05:18:30 PM »
Jome is to Jay Z as Now I Know is to Kobe Bryant.

Herbal_Life

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2010, 11:16:14 PM »
WHY DID NOBODY SAY MAC DRE OR ANDRE NICKATINA..
THATS THE REAL FIRE U GUYS DONT KNO THE BAY SHIT ??? ??? 8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2010, 11:58:45 PM »

This is true. That doesn't make me wrong though.

Miley Cyrus agrees with you too  ;D
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ikke

« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2010, 01:10:35 AM »
Jome thinks "90% of people who know their hip-hop" has the same opinion as him.

ikke

« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2010, 01:16:55 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_BqLfOLnr8&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/U_BqLfOLnr8&amp;</a>
This doesn't sound like the greatest of all time at all

Geesta

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2010, 01:43:46 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_BqLfOLnr8&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/U_BqLfOLnr8&amp;</a>
This doesn't sound like the greatest of all time at all

thats one reason i never respected Jay Z cus he bites rhymes

Jome

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2010, 03:01:16 AM »
Jome is to Jay Z as Now I Know is to Kobe Bryant.

Coming from the poster who named himself after Snoop Dogg?

Jome thinks "90% of people who know their hip-hop" has the same opinion as him.

I do think that regular hip hop fans know their shit better than the average G-spot poster.