Author Topic: New Football Stadiums Here  (Read 212 times)

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
New Football Stadiums Here
« on: December 08, 2002, 12:38:51 PM »
There seem to be loads of football clubs gettin new stadiums, some of the best ones arn't even premiership. On this page I will post some pictures of the best new stadiums of premiership teams:

Arsenal:

Info: Arsenal have announced plans to move to a new Stadium at Ashburton Grove, which is about a five minute journey from Highbury. The 60,000 capacity stadium has been designed by the same company who designed Stadium Australia. From the plans I have seen it looks simply stunning, with four tiered stands and an interesting roof design similar to Stade De France in Paris. Planning permission has been given and work is due to start on July 1st, with the stadium hosting its first League match at the beginning of the 2004/05 season. Highbury will be re-developed for housing, although the existing East & West stands will be preserved. 17.06.02

Everton:

Info: Claus Broberg informs me; 'Everton FC have been successful with their bid to re-develop some land for a new multi purpose stadium at the Kings Dock in Liverpool, which is next to the existing Albert Dock. English Partnerships which own the site, have named Everton as the preferred developer. The Club have now six months to come up with how the development will be financed, plus how transport links, local concerns etc.. will be dealt with. The new stadium is proposed to have 55,000 seats, a retractable roof and a movable pitch. From the plans I have seen, it looks like a smaller version of the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. The stadium will be the main part of a entertainment complex which will feature cinemas, a hotel, a shopping mall and residential apartments. It is anticipated that the cost of the development will be £155m, of which Everton will contribute £30m. The rest will be financed by other partners in the overall development. 07.08.01

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
Re:New Football Stadiums Here
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 12:39:31 PM »
Fulham: (Craven Cottage Rebuilt)

info: Planning permission has been given to turn Craven Cottage into a modern 30,000 all seater stadium. The new stadium will be three tiered and totally enclosed and will remain on the present site. However as part of the re-development the original Craven Cottage will have to be demolished. Fulham will be play at  QPR's Loftus Road Ground, whilst the £70m re-development of Craven Cottage takes place. The plans though have been delayed by the opposition of local residents and the new ground may not now open until 2004.

Liverpool:

info:Liverpool have revealed plans to quit Anfield and move to a new 55,000-seater stadium in nearby Stanley Park. The club hope that the stadium  which will cost between £60m and £70m to build - will be ready for the start of the 2005/6 season. The new stadium which will be constructed only 300 yards away from the current ground, will also be called Anfield. The Club have been keen to increase capacity, for sometime, but feel that they are unable to develop their present ground any further. The new stadium, will include such existing features as the Hillsborough memorial and the Shankly and Paisley Gates. 20.05.02

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
Re:New Football Stadiums Here
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 12:40:03 PM »
Manchester City:

info: Manchester City will be moving to a new 48,000 all seater stadium in the summer of 2003. The stadium which will cost in the region of £77m is to be called 'the City Of Manchester Stadium' and was recently used to host the Commonwealth games. However, more work is being undertaken on the Stadium, before the Club move in. This includes the removal of the running track and the installation of more seating and a roof over the North End of the stadium. The stadium development is located one and half miles, from the City Centre in the North East of Manchester. Unlike Maine Road the stadium will be served by a Metrolink Station. Sale Sharks Rugby Union Club may well take over Maine Road. 13.08.02

what ya all think?