Author Topic: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread  (Read 3276 times)

the ghost

Re: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 10:50:41 AM »
I am going to wait till the 18th.  What I've heard so far sounds good. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 11:27:46 AM »
i'll bring this thread back up in a month & i want you guys to honestly tell me if you're still listening to this.

Be honest, are you still listening to Pig Face Weapon Waist?

i haven't even heard that entire EP. :sshh:

you guys need a life; just because Nas is the Golden Boy & can't go wrong & they put together an album with a different sound, doesn't make it automatic sex on a plate.

i'm not saying you can't like it, i'm not trying to call it trash either, but i'll be impressed if you guys are still bumping it by the end of the month & haven't moved on to something else.

Elano, son. you've been banned seventeen times for having a retarded opinion on things & this website is your morning, afternoon & night; it's time to just admit that your nickname of "fail" is more than just a joke, it's a true reality of your life.

close minded ass people on this board; a brotha can't even express his opinion; smh. :grumpy:

??? how is crooked i in your top 10 and you haven't even listened to his debut months after it was released?

Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 11:36:26 AM »
This album is pretty unbelievable. Hearing Nas spit on better production is dope  :P

Thank God Damian Marley handled the production (or picked the producers) lol..Nas fits this shit so well and Damian Marley is so dope.

Loving this record after two listens  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Elano

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 11:50:34 AM »
This album is pretty unbelievable. Hearing Nas spit on better production is dope  :P

why this  :P ?

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »
i'll bring this thread back up in a month & i want you guys to honestly tell me if you're still listening to this.

you guys need a life; just because Nas is the Golden Boy & can't go wrong & they put together an album with a different sound, doesn't make it automatic sex on a plate.

i'm not saying you can't like it, i'm not trying to call it trash either, but i'll be impressed if you guys are still bumping it by the end of the month & haven't moved on to something else.

Elano, son. you've been banned seventeen times for having a retarded opinion on things & this website is your morning, afternoon & night; it's time to just admit that your nickname of "fail" is more than just a joke, it's a true reality of your life.

close minded ass people on this board; a brotha can't even express his opinion; smh. :grumpy:

for once dude you are on point. ppl are going to like this just cause of who is involved, others will genuinely enjoy it and props to you, but what self respecting reggae fan really likes damian marley? i mean cmon, only people i know even like the dude are ppl who dont even like reggae except for bob marley and his son by association. aka white-folks reggae lol (bob marley rules for the record but u know what im getting at)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »

??? how is crooked i in your top 10 and you haven't even listened to his debut months after it was released?

it just shows how wack some rappers are; that i can't even get around to bumping people in my top 10. :D

the fact you even brought it up is silly though, speak on this album, not you & the rest of the boards obsession with my favorite artists.

EDIT: i just pondered it & actually what you just said proves my point; you said "you have him as a top 10 rapper & you didn't listen to the whole thing?" & no; what i heard wasn't that good, so i just never bothered to listen to it all.

i'm not going to force it just because he's one of my favorites & try to support music that is just whatever; COUGH nas COUGH.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:13:43 PM by Chamillitary Click »

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »
QT, who cares? I don't even like reggae but Damian Marley makes good music, and his style meshes very well with Nas', making an entire record by the 2 of them a great idea and great music is the result.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 07:52:49 PM »
1.  Dope album but folks calling it a classic should get their ears checked

2.  Nas's flow is tiresome

3.  it's not original as in brand new creation of music.  That's to say, it's not genre bending as fans are proposing. they obviously have not listened to a lot of music

Conclusion: dope album, will get spinned for a minute, fade into my catalogue, and will pop up again in a few months
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

redspyda

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 08:25:02 PM »
Personally I think it is a classic album.. great production lyrics are on point.. The chemistry is good..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 09:53:55 PM »

it just shows how wack some rappers are; that i can't even get around to bumping people in my top 10. :D

the fact you even brought it up is silly though, speak on this album, not you & the rest of the boards obsession with my favorite artists.

EDIT: i just pondered it & actually what you just said proves my point; you said "you have him as a top 10 rapper & you didn't listen to the whole thing?" & no; what i heard wasn't that good, so i just never bothered to listen to it all.

i'm not going to force it just because he's one of my favorites & try to support music that is just whatever; COUGH nas COUGH.

I'm proud of you Cham. I didn't think you had it in you to admit that was a weak effort from Crooked. Props to you. But I still can't believe you didn't listen to the whole Ep, its only 6 tracks and 1 we've heard before. To tell the truth I haven't listened to this Nas album yet so I don't know how good it will be. But every track I've heard so far sounded dope. Looking forward to it.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2010, 02:19:50 AM »
QT, who cares? I don't even like reggae but Damian Marley makes good music, and his style meshes very well with Nas', making an entire record by the 2 of them a great idea and great music is the result.

If you haven't heard "Welcome To Jamrock" you should go give it some spins, real solid album from Damian I reckon. Ima download this album later, cant be fucked right now lol, I'm expecting something special though

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2010, 02:25:36 AM »
Album's solid, though not quite what I expected. Favourite track so far has to be Land of Promise.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2010, 02:54:31 AM »

this is kinda what im getting at, people who dont even like reggae like damian marley, when he is a really poor reggae artist. it kinda makes you question the reasons they like him. if he had any other surname no-one would even care. then again if you like damian marely maybe you DO like reggae but just havent had any exposure to the good stuff. this is a common opinion across many genres. e.g ever hear someone say the dont like hip-hop but they like one really obvious mainstream artist who isnt that good? its exactly the same.

Lunatic

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »
^ I know I'm an example of what u mean, but it's definitely not because of his sur-name. There are a few Marley sibling singers and Damian is the ONLY one I actually listen too.

Portugoal

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 01:10:33 PM »
^ I know I'm an example of what u mean, but it's definitely not because of his sur-name. There are a few Marley sibling singers and Damian is the ONLY one I actually listen too.

you should check out Stephen Marley's last album