Author Topic: (World Cup) Portugal Announces 24 Man Roster  (Read 447 times)

Lunatic

(World Cup) Portugal Announces 24 Man Roster
« on: May 10, 2010, 01:17:51 PM »
...With one cut still to come of course, before the final 23

Thought this is a fair thread since WC is approaching and teams will now (slowly) start to announce their official 23 man roster. Portugal (I believe) is the first to officially announce. Maybe some of you are interested  :P

Goalies: 1) Eduardo (Braga) 2) Beto (Porto) 3) Daniel Fernandes (Iraklis Thessaloniki F.C.)
Defenders: 4) Ferreira (Chelsea), 5) Miguel (Valencia), 6) Duda (Malaga) 7) Coentrao (Benfica) 8) Carvalho (Chelsea), 9) Alves (Porto) 10) Rolando (Porto) 11) Ricardo Costa (Lille)

Midfield: 12) Pepe, 13) Tiago (Atletico) 14) Pedro Mendes (Sporting) 15) Raul Mereieles (Porto) 16) Ze Castro (Deportivo), 17) Veloso (Sporting), 18) Nani (Man Utd), 19) Deco (Chelsea) 20) Danny (Zenit St. Peterburg) 21) Simao (Atletico)

Forwards: 22) Ronaldo (Real Madrid), 23) Liedson (Sporting) 24) Hugo Almeida (Werder Bremen)

Likely player to be cut: Ricardo Costa or Ze Castro

Didn't make the team: Quim (GK- Benfica), Patricio (GK - Sporting), Hilario (GK- Chelsea), Carrico (CB - Sporting), Moutinho (Sporting), Manuel Fernandes (Valencia), Quaresma (Inter Milan), Carlos Martins (Benfica), Edinho (ST - PAOK), Makakula (ST)

I would have left off Ricardo Costa completely, brought Quim instead of Danny Fernandes as the 3rd goalie and brought (ST) Makakula instead of DM Ze Castro.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: (World Cup) Portugal Announces 24 Man Roster
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 02:39:57 PM »
why didn't you post it here? ;)

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 02:41:11 PM »
huh? I did post it above  :-\

Elano

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »
there's a thread about the world cup  ::)

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 02:55:22 PM »
im surprised at the omissions of Moutinho, Manuel Fernandes and Quaresma...but i take it none of them have had particularly good seasons?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 03:24:42 PM »
im surprised at the omissions of Moutinho, Manuel Fernandes and Quaresma...but i take it none of them have had particularly good seasons?
Moutinho (Sporting as a whole) is not having a good season.
Quaresma has been invisible at Inter
Manuel Fernandes has had a phenomenal year but never lived up to expectations..I guess u can consider him a snub.

Elano

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 03:32:12 PM »
why don't we start a thread like this one for every team of the world cup  ?  ::)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 03:46:17 PM »
why don't we start a thread like this one for every team of the world cup  ?  ::)

The teams that the board cares about should have their own topic for the final list

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 03:48:38 PM »
Exactly...Portugal, Italy, Spain, Brazil, France, Germany, England, Argentina, etc - the major teams should get their own thread

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »
there's a thread about the world cup  ::)

yeah I meant that with my post. Wanted to post a link to the thread but obviously forgot. It would be better to keep it all in one thread. Better than 5 threads with like 3 replies.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:53:20 PM by Duke of Lothringen »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »
Exactly...Portugal, Italy, Spain, Brazil, France, Germany, England, Argentina, etc - the major teams should get their own thread

Plus, I don't even check the football thread or World Cup thread that often.  In fact, thanks to this topic I found out about the Portugal roster. 

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 04:00:20 PM »

Plus, I don't even check the football thread or World Cup thread that often.  In fact, thanks to this topic I found out about the Portugal roster. 
Then I've done well  ;)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 04:25:19 PM »
portugal is gonna lose to brazil and ivory coast!   they wont make it out of the group...look for another picture of ronaldo crying  ;D after the 1st round

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 04:27:11 PM »
^ I'd love to take that bet. LOL at how over rated Ivory Coast is. All offense, no defense. Our defense is good enough to contain their attack and their defense is going to shit their pants with our offense.

LOL at them JUST recently hiring their world cup coach...Sven at that  :laugh:

We are going to take care of them in our opening game and hopefully everyone will shut up about Ivory Coast after that.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 04:50:04 PM »

Same, especially Moutinho, isn't he the captain and star at Sporting?

And wow, Deco... Really? Moutinho must've had a really low season...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:52:27 PM by K.Dub »

kemizt