Author Topic: (World Cup) Portugal Announces 24 Man Roster  (Read 442 times)

Lunatic

Re: (World Cup) Portugal Announces 24 Man Roster
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 05:14:31 PM »
I would say Veloso and Liedson are the stars of Sporting.

Of course Deco made the team. He had a bad season but he's always been a player that plays extremely well for us in major tournaments. I would prefer Danny in the starting spot but I know there is no way Deco won't start  :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 02:01:34 PM »
Exactly...Portugal, Italy, Spain, Brazil, France, Germany, England, Argentina, etc - the major teams should get their own thread

Plus, I don't even check the football thread or World Cup thread that often.  In fact, thanks to this topic I found out about the Portugal roster. 

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »
^ I'd love to take that bet. LOL at how over rated Ivory Coast is. All offense, no defense. Our defense is good enough to contain their attack and their defense is going to shit their pants with our offense.

LOL at them JUST recently hiring their world cup coach...Sven at that  :laugh:

We are going to take care of them in our opening game and hopefully everyone will shut up about Ivory Coast after that.

haha yea i dont disagree but it is in africa so they'll be surprises for sure

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 10:56:20 AM »
They will get out of the group but struggle after that, they still need a proper striker.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 11:25:20 AM »
They will get out of the group but struggle after that, they still need a proper striker.
most realistic prediction

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 02:45:55 PM »
^ I'd love to take that bet. LOL at how over rated Ivory Coast is. All offense, no defense. Our defense is good enough to contain their attack and their defense is going to shit their pants with our offense.

LOL at them JUST recently hiring their world cup coach...Sven at that  :laugh:

We are going to take care of them in our opening game and hopefully everyone will shut up about Ivory Coast after that.

No way IC is overrated. They have mad potential. Their defense isn't that bad...
But their Africa Cup performances were really disappointing, and Sven, I don't know :P
But like  you I think Portugal goes through, Ivory Coast lacks the winner gene :-\
But with their 06' performances and a bit luck/cleverness they would have a realistic chance. If they only had Hiddink instead of Eriksson...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:47:40 PM by Duke of Lothringen »

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 02:56:29 PM »
It's not that bad but not good enough to go through in a group featuring Brazil and Portugal. Terrible African cup performance and Sven is not a good coach. Your right, they lack the winning gene as well. All of that put together, no way they advance over Brazil/Portugal.