Author Topic: Question about HD TV  (Read 203 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Question about HD TV
« on: May 15, 2010, 12:12:27 AM »
This is the TV I have

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Televisions/All-VIERA-Flat-Panel-HDTVs/model.TC-L32X1.S_11002_7000000000000005702#tabsection

Since it has an ATSC tuner, I can just get an HD Antenna and watch HD Programming with my local channels right? 

My TV + this HD Antenna ( http://www.amazon.com/Antennas-Direct-DB2-Directional-Antenna/dp/B000EHUE7I ) = Free Local HD?

Or am I missing something else? 

I download all my HD tv basically, and I see most sports games in HD at a friend's house plus now with the PS3 MLB.TV I get to see baseball games in HD through my PS3 so really there hasn't been a need for me to upgrade my direct tv to get HD programming.  Waste of money.  However, since the World Cup is coming up, and it's going to be some early ass game I would love to see these in HD! 

ikke

Re: Question about HD TV
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:55:53 AM »
HD is overrated

Jaydc

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 06:47:09 AM »
HD is overrated

i disagree.I pretty much only watch hd channels.

ikke

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 07:06:20 AM »
HD is overrated

I don't really notice the difference

Jaydc

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 07:07:19 AM »
Maybe your tv sucks then.What is it?

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 09:17:03 AM »
to me its like switchn from ps2 to ps3

ikke

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 09:46:09 AM »
Maybe your tv sucks then.What is it?
Don't think so.

Maybe it's my vision

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »
Since it has an ATSC tuner, I can just get an HD Antenna and watch HD Programming with my local channels right? 

My TV + this HD Antenna ( http://www.amazon.com/Antennas-Direct-DB2-Directional-Antenna/dp/B000EHUE7I ) = Free Local HD?

Or am I missing something else?

You got it, you should be fine.  I can get 15 local HD channels in my area over the air with an antenna I made with a piece of wood and coat hangers.  It's a better picture quality too, uncompressed signal unlike what you would get with cable or satellite. 

I download all my HD tv basically, and I see most sports games in HD at a friend's house plus now with the PS3 MLB.TV I get to see baseball games in HD through my PS3 so really there hasn't been a need for me to upgrade my direct tv to get HD programming.  Waste of money.  However, since the World Cup is coming up, and it's going to be some early ass game I would love to see these in HD!

You find the mlb.tv feeds that good?  Compared to cable or satellite? 
I tested it out for a day and found the quality no where close to my cable.  I was disappointed, wanted to ditch my cable.   

HD is overrated

You probably don't have an HDTV or are not watching HD programming.  There is a clear difference.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 11:20:46 AM »
Yeah the HD feed for MLB TV was pretty good for me.  It starts off with a low quality, but eventually gets stronger.  The only problem is that at times it gets blurry or lags. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »
HD is overrated

You're doing it wrong then lol  How can you not tell the difference from a soccer game in Standard Definition to one in High Definition?

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 04:19:21 PM »