Author Topic: The "Jome is splitting off-topic replies into new threads" official discussion  (Read 474 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

lol @ Jome locking a discussion cause he got mad. That's Ego trippin for you.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:03:00 PM by Jome »

Jome

The
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 02:51:06 PM »
You used to be a cool guy, rapsodie.
Now you're going off-topic in every thread and you're bitching and crying for every little mod action, like someone stole your lollipop.

What happened?

ikke

The
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
Now you're going off-topic in every thread and you're bitching and crying for every little mod action, like someone stole your lollipop.

What happened?

You do realize you derailed an entire thread a few days ago and let it go on for like 5 pages.

Jome

The
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 02:54:54 PM »
Oh here comes rapsodie's sidekick again.. the topic was Jay-Z and that's what I replied about.. Kain-threads aren't supposed to be taken serious, and this is the G-spot..

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: malware detected
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »

What happened?

I was gone for a minute and you turned a west coast rap forum into a little schoolyard with rules. Actually I checked the rules, it said nothing about bringing up another topic in a thread. And its never been a problem before.

Triple OG Rapsodie

might as well make it the bitch about Jome thread so you don't go off creating new topics

ikke

Re: The
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 03:07:30 PM »
Oh here comes rapsodie's sidekick again.. the topic was Jay-Z and that's what I replied about.. Kain-threads aren't supposed to be taken serious, and this is the G-spot..

No you turned it into a discussion about Jay having one of the best discographies when the thread was about good Jay-z Songs.
Almost the same as with the Distant Relatives thread.

Jome

_
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 03:17:33 PM »
you turned a west coast rap forum into a little schoolyard with rules.

Ehh, got rid of several dozens spammers, flamers and retards, as opposed to the disgusting kindergarden bullshit that was going on in here before.. keyword: clean up.. much thanks to the new mods.

Actually I checked the rules, it said nothing about bringing up another topic in a thread.

Dunno if rule author forgot it or what, but it's such a basic simple guideline for a online forum, that it shouldn't even be necessary to stress it.
Of course, not all threads are modded the same, some threads are bound to go off-topic (especially G-spot), and mods doesn't check every thread.. I only check threads I have interest in, or seem amusing.

And yeah, I've gone off-topic myself, shit happens, but when a thread is taken over by off-topic replies, it's only cleaner/tidier to split it off in a new thread, for people who want to read about the actual subject. No?

Suga Foot

... it's such a basic simple guideline for a online forum, that it shouldn't even be necessary to stress it.

Exactly, that's why the forum software has built in buttons to merge and split threads.  I don't even see how it's an issue.  Why have multiple discussions happening in one thread?

Sikotic™

I was wondering why a couple threads made no damn sense or seemed cut off.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

And why did you lock that Jay-Z thread anyway?  There was good discussion, it was in the G-spot, etc.

I'm still waiting for you to break down his discog and why it is the greatest.

Sikotic™

And why did you lock that Jay-Z thread anyway?  There was good discussion, it was in the G-spot, etc.

I'm still waiting for you to break down his discog and why it is the greatest.
It's called denial.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jome

Nope, here's the true definition of denial:

Like you got the In My Lifetime albums.  Had some dope singles and outside of another dope track or two those 3 ALBUMS were garbage. The Dynasty album or whatever was garbage.  Blueprint was dope, black album had like 3 or 4 really dope songs, the rest was garbage - the songs wi/ Quik, Em, Neptunes, Kanye on paper all sound great but those songs were wack but people can't see it or admit because of those names. 

Just Blaze dropped some dope stuff on there, Rick Rubin and whoever else did the last track....but thats only like 4 songs outta what, 12?

Blueprint 2 = 2 more garbage albums

And American Gangster, BP3 and whatever other album he's released since has been garbage

Discussing with a 5 year old is more rewarding than this shit..

seriously there's no point in even indulging the conversation, let the haters hate

So I decided to take Leggy's advice, he's usually on point.
The thread was going nowhere.. the replies turned into personal attacks and people posting mock pics = thread fail.

Sikotic actually said a reasonable thing in that thread as well.

I'm done with this argument

End of.. feel free to post a breakdown of Jay-Z's garbage if you want Jerome, I got 2 exams and a report to prepare.

Leggy Hendrix

seriously there's no point in even indulging the conversation, let the haters hate

So I decided to take Leggy's advice, he's usually on point.

quoted for truth  :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fuck Gay-Z. End of discussion, close thread.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 01:21:56 PM by UKnowWhatItIs »