Author Topic: Your Favorite Video Game Ever?!  (Read 662 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Your Favorite Video Game Ever?!
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2002, 09:33:32 PM »
Might get a p2 (probably will sooner or later), but I'm not too interested in the x box.  We used to set up at the flea market, so we bought them off and on over the years, we got like 3 playstations, stuff like that.  Man, we got HELLA games, too.  

Murrow

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2002, 04:43:35 PM »
Shit, I remember gettin the Sega Master System when it first came out in '88 for like 200$.  I got it for my birthday and didn't play it for like 2 years.  Haha.

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2002, 10:18:25 PM »
When I was hella young, my dad bought me a Atari 5200, the big one.  He used to play it with us, LOL we had this awesome kick ass game called "STYX" (remember, this was the 80's).  You flew a little plane around.  We had Arkanoid, and a few other ones too... it wasn't when it first came out, I think he bought it for us at a flea market one day or something (we didn't have much cash when I was a kid).

When I was like 8th grade, I begged my dad to buy us a nintendo (we still didn't have money) and he got us one for christmas. I remember how blown away I was at the graphics on Super Mario Brothers (it was like the second year it was out, though or something).   My brother was in love with Duck Hunt,... for like a month, this is how it went... he puts in duck hunt, plays it.  I put in mario, play it.  We took turns fighting over it, played it non stop, LOL.  I remember distinctly how big of an impression it made on me, I can even remember one day turning it off (lol) because I never did, and watching music videos, and Tevin Campbell, "Round and Round" had just came out, LOL.  Damn, i'm old.  

Then, the supernintendo came out, and we had moved, one of my friend's down the street had it.  We went over and played Zelda everyday, we were amazed at how great that game was.  I used to walk to Wal Mart and play SupermarioWorld with my brother all the time, we'd stay there for 2 hours or so until they made us leave, LOL.  Of course, we were stealing stuff, so that was a good idea of theres.  

So, anyways, one day, man... I saved my money for frieken EVER, and got my dad to drive me to toys r us.  I walked up in that bitch, had every dime I'd saved from mowing grass for months, and came home with a Supernintendo, and Supermarioworld.  Just the basic set... when I got home, all my friends were waiting on me to get home, LOL (I swear to god, i'm not making this up, lol) and I got out of the car, held the box over my head, and everybody was yelling and sh*t, like YEA!!!!! HE GOT A SUPERNINTENDO!!!!!  and I was all  feelin like Leo Caprio hanging over the front of the boat king of the world like.  So, i'm walkin into the house, all my friends are out in the driveway, like 10 of em shouting and stuff, LOL.  That was the same year The Chronic dropped.  I remember listening to it right at the same time, and being blown away by Snoop's flows.

My friend down the street had a Genesis, he loved it, I never thought they were that good, personally.  I used to walk to the store everyday to play "street Fighter II"... I had a friend at school, and me and him would walk 2 miles to Wal Mart, HAHA after school, and he was like a friekin' PRO at Street Fighter II, we'd have like friekin' battles and stuff, we did this everyday for an entire school year, it was like 1981 all over again, because arcade games got big again when Street Fighter came out.  

I remember when Championship edition came out, and you could play the bosses, then Turbo edition was the first of it's kind, man, that was really groundbreaking stuff back then.

Then along came a monster called Mortal Kombat II.  Totally revolutionary game, in my opinon, we couldn't believe how detailed it was, and the friendships and all that.  We loved it so much we even knew how the arcade machine itself worked, which versions were in the cabinet, what jumpers and switches were set on the motherboard, etc.

Shortly after this, I bought my first arcade game.  Double Dribble, LOL.  I gutted it, and put in "WWF Superstars" for my little brother, we've still got it in our den.

Man... I used to walk to THAT arcade, too, it was after we moved into this house.  It was a 3 mile walk though, so I rode my bike to the mall to play Mortal Kombat II.  

Mortal Kombat II came out on SuperNintendo.  Man, I was blown away.  I used to sit and play that bad boy all day long.  I couldn't believe the voices were right, and the friendships and extra finishers were all hid in the game.  I bought special controllers and crap.  

About a year after that, I got out of video games... just kidna grew out of them.  Ironically, this was also the first time I SERIOUSLY fell in love, and got a car, and everythign, so I had plenty of other things to do, lol.  Instead of sitting on the couch playing video games, I was laying on the couch with a girl watching LL Cool J's "Doin' it" video. LOL.

Awwwwww, Memories.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2002, 10:24:59 PM »
Oh, and remember, I went through school 2 years early, so in the 8th grade when I was beggin my dad for a nintendo, I was only 12.   Peace~

__kaLipZo__

• Apocalypstic Immortal
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2002, 07:18:06 AM »
Resident Evil : Nemsis (Ps1
Gran Turismo 1 & 2 (Ps1)
Rogue Spear (Pc)
Siphon Filter (Ps1)
BattleField 1942 (Pc)
Battle Record: 20 - 3
14 KO's

Febuary's Battle Mc Of The Month.
March's Wordplay Mc
March's Best Punchline Mc

GrosCortez

• Lil Geezy
  • 94 gros
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2002, 09:57:06 AM »
resident evil 1  4 sho'   :D

and all the ISS/PES
si j'te bouscule, excuse, fo pas en rajouter
ki sème la merde la recolte j'suis pas pd j'V t'shooter

DOC. da G.P.T...[METS][REX/MaB]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Jubai Kibagamai
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2002, 10:27:22 AM »
Mortal Kombat(all)
Counter Strike
Gran Turismo(all)
GTA(all)
Sonics(all)
Super mario(all)
Turtles
**Rolo to the Rescue** ;D
Worriors of Fate
Tenchu I II III
Shinobi(all)
A. of Donald Duck
Micky Mouse

that's about it

MC Mass, rep.in' Great Persia and the T Dot Squad:

Docky
Prince Tech
till the day when skies turn black and red water covers the lake/
Great King Kourosh sleep well, cuz all of us IRANIANS are still awake/

Murrow

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2002, 05:12:34 PM »

Nice stories Trauma.

Shit...I remember those summer mournings in our old house when I woke my Dad up and he surprised me with 'Sonice 2.'  Man...I remember playing it and just having fun for hours, I never swore or got mad; just played on like that was the world to me.  I'd go outside to play for a minute, then come back in and play some more.  It is one of my fav games ever.

My dad was always good at surprising me with games.  He'd call me after school from work and say, "Open the cubbord"...and their would be Terminator 1 for Genesis.  

I also remember coming home from school on my birthday and saw my bro playing Sonic & Knuckles.  That was some revolutionary shit cause it locked on to previous Sonic games.  My dad got it for me for good grades @ Caldors.

My dad always hooked me up with the dopest games, he also introduced me to some of my all-time favorites when I was little.

Man...I miss those days.

spacecowboy1991

• Lil Geezy
  • Out on bail fresh outta jail, California dreamin
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2002, 10:19:57 AM »
you guys are bringing back some great memories for me... :-)

NES
duck hunt
super mario bro. 2
paperboy
super tecmo bowl
bases loaded
R.C. Pro Am
North and south

SNES
Mario Kart
Super Mario World

saturn
Nights into dreams

dreamcast
tennis 2k2
hockey 2k2
NCAA football 2k2
crazy taxi

PS2
Metal Gear Sold 2
Gran Turismo 3
tony hawk 3
SSX Tricky
NBA street
GT3
i'm sure VC when i get it
and hot shots golf 3 (it's an addiction for me)

there are so many more, but these are the ones that come to mind.

http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ihabia88/thegame.gif

You testify, you get wrapped in plastic
Xzibit turn your SUV into a casket
Mailed your body parts in a tub full of sulfuric acid
-Xzibit

While we - still makin gangsta hits
You'll be - still jockin gangsta dicks
-Nate Dogg

spacecowboy1991

• Lil Geezy
  • Out on bail fresh outta jail, California dreamin
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2002, 10:24:45 AM »
oh yeah, the only old school systems that still rock are Nintendo and super nintendo. just great games for those systems.

i can remember when i got my nintendo with mario and duck hunt for christmas... what a great morning.

you guys remember when we had to blow on the contacts for game cardridge. i remember putting the game in and getting a green screen... the good old days... :-)

http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ihabia88/thegame.gif

You testify, you get wrapped in plastic
Xzibit turn your SUV into a casket
Mailed your body parts in a tub full of sulfuric acid
-Xzibit

While we - still makin gangsta hits
You'll be - still jockin gangsta dicks
-Nate Dogg

EM28

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2002, 03:56:44 PM »
mortal kombat and mario games.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2002, 02:32:13 AM »
no order just great games that i have liked.....

1. Punch Out
2. Mario Bros series
3. Contra
4. Excitebike
5. Goldeneye
6. Street Fighter II
7. Mario Kart (The OG not n64 version)
8. Donkey Kong
9. Grand Theft Auto series
10. Gran Tourismo series
11. Metal Gear Series
12. Tony Hawk Series
and many more......shit i can go on forever....like tetris....bubble bobble....and more classics like ghost and goblins.....and shit.

Lost Titan

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Titans ruled the cosmos before the Olympians.
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2002, 07:35:25 AM »
All the tomb radier games
The Titans, also known as the elder gods, ruled the earth before the Olympians overthrew them. The ruler of the Titans was Cronus who was de-throned by his son Zeus. Most of the Titans fought with Cronus against Zeus and were punished by being banished to Tartarus