Author Topic: Amare says Odom was lucky  (Read 1711 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Amare says Odom was lucky
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »
amare was just bein a lil bitch

You gotta give him credit for not goin with the cliches tho..."he played a great game...he's a great player....blah...blah...blah"
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 11:31:35 AM »
he was just talking shit, I don't see anything weird about that

20 years ago he probably would have elbowed lamar to knock his front teeth out. now he tells the media lamar was lucky. so that's just fine
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

theremedy360

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »

You gotta give him credit for not goin with the cliches tho..."he played a great game...he's a great player....blah...blah...blah"

I'd give him credit for not going with cliches if he hadn't sounded so fuckin dumb. Lamar out rebounded all of their big men put together. You don't get "lucky" and end up with 19 rebounds. And to top it off, the next game Lamar outplayed him again by scoring 17 and grabbing 11. Amare better play well the rest of the series or he's gonna risk looking even dumber than he already does.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 12:29:11 PM »

I'd give him credit for not going with cliches if he hadn't sounded so fuckin dumb. Lamar out rebounded all of their big men put together. You don't get "lucky" and end up with 19 rebounds. And to top it off, the next game Lamar outplayed him again by scoring 17 and grabbing 11. Amare better play well the rest of the series or he's gonna risk looking even dumber than he already does.

Amare doesn't have that much to lose. This year Kerr tried shopping him and nobody wanted him.
No, it's not a sin

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 02:28:47 PM »
not sure how Amare is gonna explain today

He took the humble approach after the game. Amare talked shit and didn't back it up. It's all good, I blame his moms.

lol

whats funny is that 80% of nba teams WISH they had amare on their roster

and if Amare became a Laker NIK would ride his dick to the next millennium

And I would say, we got Gasol??

gasols a much more complete all around basketball player than amare

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »

Amare doesn't have that much to lose. This year Kerr tried shopping him and nobody wanted him.
they stay trying to ship him out. every year he is in the trade deadline rumor mill. that should humble him rather than inflate his ego.

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 03:16:19 PM »

Its not that nobody wanted him. Nobody wanted to give up anything Phoenix would take....for a guy with an over 16 million dollar contract that can opt out after this year.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »

Its not that nobody wanted him. Nobody wanted to give up anything Phoenix would take....for a guy with an over 16 million dollar contract that can opt out after this year.

Obviously, part of trading for Amare would be working out a contract extension with him. Just like the Celtics did with Garnett when he came. Still, I doubt Kerr asked for too much. Kerr is not someone who milks other teams. He traded Marion away for Shaq and Shaq away for nothing. Not very hardcore. He probably didn't look for an All-NBA-Team type of guy in return. More like 2 nice role players or something.
No, it's not a sin

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 04:27:16 PM »

Obviously, part of trading for Amare would be working out a contract extension with him. Just like the Celtics did with Garnett when he came. Still, I doubt Kerr asked for too much. Kerr is not someone who milks other teams. He traded Marion away for Shaq and Shaq away for nothing. Not very hardcore. He probably didn't look for an All-NBA-Team type of guy in return. More like 2 nice role players or something.

I dunno about that man.  Its been pretty much known that Kerr brought in Shaq to deal with the bigs in the West. To get past Duncan, and the Lakers bigs. That project was a huge failure is all. I think Kerr was dangling Amare out there to see if anyone would just happen to bite with something great. A lot of teams do this with superstars who have expiring contracts.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »

He took the humble approach after the game. Amare talked shit and didn't back it up. It's all good, I blame his moms.

lol

Yeah but Glass Bynum can go down at any minute. And he did say 80%....maybe the lakers are in the 20% that wouldnt. His point is still valid...you know NIK has a habit of building up Laker scrubs as potential HOF'rs....unless of course you say that Kobe has a better supporting cast then Lebron lol

Gasol has been in LA for three years now, and his only been out early this year. Not really much. Amare was out most of last year. I mean, if we didn't have Gasol and Bynum, hell yeah I would take Amare, but I think the frontline, complete with Odom off the bench, is much better than if we added Amare.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 08:44:31 AM »

lol

Yeah but Glass Bynum can go down at any minute. And he did say 80%....maybe the lakers are in the 20% that wouldnt. His point is still valid...you know NIK has a habit of building up Laker scrubs as potential HOF'rs....unless of course you say that Kobe has a better supporting cast then Lebron lol

Gasol has been in LA for three years now, and his only been out early this year. Not really much. Amare was out most of last year. I mean, if we didn't have Gasol and Bynum, hell yeah I would take Amare, but I think the frontline, complete with Odom off the bench, is much better than if we added Amare.

we dont need a jumpshooting bigman. hes a jump shooter at heart, we dont need that on our offense.

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 10:51:19 AM »

lol

For a young player like Bynum to have missed as much time as he already has, is alarming. Pretending that it isnt...doesnt change that fact. If he played for the Spurs...I would be worried about how durable he will be in the future.

And you skipped over the NIK comment lol

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 11:54:23 AM »

lol

For a young player like Bynum to have missed as much time as he already has, is alarming. Pretending that it isnt...doesnt change that fact. If he played for the Spurs...I would be worried about how durable he will be in the future.

he misssed alot of time, but hes been improving every season, becoming more into a complete traditional center. i wouldnt waste time worrying about his durability, if he gets injured he gets injured, nothing can prevent that.

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »

lol

he misssed alot of time, but hes been improving every season, becoming more into a complete traditional center. i wouldnt waste time worrying about his durability, if he gets injured he gets injured, nothing can prevent that.

i agree on the improvement. But typically when you see a young player start to rack up injuries left and right....its a bad sign. And as a franchise you might not spend everyday worrying about it...but you cant ignore it either. You constantly have to think a step ahead and say..."what do we do IF this guy goes down"....and have a back up plan always. Thats difficult to do.

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 12:12:19 PM »

lol

we dont need a jumpshooting bigman. hes a jump shooter at heart, we dont need that on our offense.

I dunno. He is a face up guy. He obviously isnt a back to the basket type of bigman. But not really very consistent with the jumper. Thats what teams usually try to force him to do. He really needs another bigman to work with him on fundamentals. Take everything else out of the argument...and imagine how amazing this dude could be if he was more fundamentally sound.