Author Topic: A mini rant about people that complain about soccer/football  (Read 3545 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm an American but since my dad is from Mexico and he's a big soccer fan I grew up watching and playing soccer.  Although my favorite sport became baseball, soccer is easily up there.  See, I understand that my interest in soccer would not be there if my dad didn't like it or shit even if I was something else beside a Mexican American.  The problem though is when people diss soccer, "oh that shit is boring" "low scoring ass games" "how can 0-0 be exciting?"  Most of these people, if they were born outside of the United States most likely they will have a bigger interest in soccer/football than any the big trio of American Sports.  Of course you'll have some exceptions, but let's recognize what would really happen if you were born in Italy, England, France, Germany, Brazil, etc. 

So when the World Cup gets a lot of attention, don't be talking about how boring it is blah blah blah because more likely you would be a fan of that sport if you were raised in a different culture. 

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: A mini rant about people that complain about soccer/football
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:06:43 PM »
Soccer's for fags!!!

Sorry....had to do it lol. I can appreciate Soccer tho. I dont play it or anything...or even watch it regularly. But when the World Cup is goin on I tune in and pay attention. I used to play as a REAL little kid...Im talkin like 6 yrs old lol. I do gotta say tho....Im sure even big time Soccer fans hate to see a 0-0 game. Most fans whether casual...or hardcore....like some sort of offense (in whatever sport they are watching). Imagine a boxing match where no one landed a punch lol

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:10:25 PM »
Well yeah true point about a 0-0 game, but some can be intense.  Usually in soccer tournaments, there are Home and Away games once it reaches a playoff stage.  Let's say for example that in the first leg the score was 1-1 and they go to the 2nd leg with that score.  Right from the start, a 0-0 game is intense because the away team from the first leg has the advantage in their house because they have 1 Away goal.  If it stays 0-0, the team that made the most visiting goals passes in a tie situation. 

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
Well yeah true point about a 0-0 game, but some can be intense.  Usually in soccer tournaments, there are Home and Away games once it reaches a playoff stage.  Let's say for example that in the first leg the score was 1-1 and they go to the 2nd leg with that score.  Right from the start, a 0-0 game is intense because the away team from the first leg has the advantage in their house because they have 1 Away goal.  If it stays 0-0, the team that made the most visiting goals passes in a tie situation. 

I get what youre sayin. Especially when people ONLY look at the final score and determine whether it was boring or not off of just that. You could have a baseball game that ends 1-0.....but there was a ton of hits, stranded men on base and pretty exciting (for a baseball game). That game could be more exciting then a game that ends 4-2 with barely any hits....but one grand slam and a 2 run homer.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 04:09:27 PM »
I love playing it but watching i cant do it.

Maybe if there was a american broadcast feel to it like football or baseball but fuck man that euro style camera is shitty , the commentators are boring as fuck.

Marketing, packake my friends.. look at the nfl.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 04:40:52 PM »

Maybe if there was a american broadcast feel to it like football or baseball but fuck man that euro style camera is shitty , the commentators are boring as fuck.

I think they should just take a few aspects from Football...and add them to soccer. Like...the general rules stay the same, but have them wear helmets and pads...and allow full on tackling. You would need the game to stop periodically...cus those helmets and pads are pretty heavy, and you get hot as HELL in them. But still....the tackling would be great. Imagine some guy goin up for a header...and some Ray Lewis type dude is drawin down on him....lol

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 11:37:32 PM »
^^ i was talking about how they present it on television not the sport itself. I think the sport is fine.

theremedy360

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 01:28:43 AM »
I have no interest in soccer but I'll probably check the World Cup.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 01:35:09 AM »
There will be lots of boring games in the early stages of the World cup (as usual)  so dont blame them if they find it boring because it will be ...  European Championship overall level >>>> World cup level

As a  football fan I have no business watching a Honduras - Chili , Algeria-Slovenia or New Zealand - Slovakia .... and there like 15-20 games like this so I can understand non fans of the sport find it boring as hell

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 02:22:39 AM »
Chile is a strong team and plays great football.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 02:31:25 AM »
^^ i was talking about how they present it on television not the sport itself. I think the sport is fine.

Commercial every 5 minutes?  :sleep:

As a  football fan I have no business watching a Honduras - Chili , Algeria-Slovenia or New Zealand - Slovakia .... and there like 15-20 games like this so I can understand non fans of the sport find it boring as hell

I'll watch all those games if my schedule allows it.

kemizt

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 02:33:30 AM »

Commentators overall are shitty in every damn sport.  I wish I can just watch games with no damn commentators and just have the sounds of the stadium and fans come out.

What kind of camera angle do you suggest for a soccer game? 

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »

I was jokin man.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 12:50:50 PM »
fuck man that euro style camera is shitty

I watched a couple of minutes of MLS football today, and the angle was horrible, I had to turn it off. Nothing compared to the European style.

kemizt

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »
just bet money and drink heavily.  that will make any sport exciting.  even fucking golf. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.