Author Topic: A mini rant about people that complain about soccer/football  (Read 3527 times)

Scrappy Doo

Re: A mini rant about people that complain about soccer/football
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 04:24:01 PM »
Love Soccer (im european), but im afraid this world cup is going to suck compared to Germany 2006 which was hand down the best world cup ever.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 05:45:13 PM »
just bet money and drink heavily.  that will make any sport exciting.  even fucking golf. 

Golf (with Tiger Woods) > Soccer.

Ping Pong (with Grandma) > Soccer.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 12:15:48 AM »
just bet money and drink heavily.  that will make any sport exciting.  even fucking golf. 

watching uncle Lou drunk making a ass out of himself>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>soccer

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 02:43:58 AM »

watching uncle Lou drunk making a ass out of himself>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>soccer

staring at your sig >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> soccer
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 05:37:50 AM »
if you lived here you'd know the world cup is just a fuckin party aint no other sporting event has anywhere near the impact the world cup does

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 07:01:02 AM »
ive got nothing against soccer, and as a love of sports ill def watch the world cup, however, people all around the world need not to get so mad about americans not giving a fuck about it... weve got football and baseball and soccer just fundamentally does not fit the american psyche... imo.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 07:19:18 AM »
ive got nothing against soccer, and as a love of sports ill def watch the world cup, however, people all around the world need not to get so mad about americans not giving a fuck about it...

Basicially, people over here can do without America very good. There are enough nations who love football which gives it a great diversity, so football still feels like a world-connecting element even without America. They're just mad because Americans need to look down on football all the time because they can't accept the fact that the Nr 1 sport in the world
is not an 'American sport'.
America dominated culture at least since WWII in every aspect except sports. America is used to tell the world what's cool and what not and other people imitating them, they just can't get over it that others don't follow them for once. So they need to talk trash about football all the time out of envy.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 07:45:41 AM »
ive got nothing against soccer, and as a love of sports ill def watch the world cup, however, people all around the world need not to get so mad about americans not giving a fuck about it... weve got football and baseball and soccer just fundamentally does not fit the american psyche... imo.

To be truthful no-one outside of the US really cares of the US like soccer or not. Its the biggest and most popular sport in the world without you so no-one is getting mad!

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 08:55:40 AM »
americans just repeat sound bites, throw one soundbite in there and they'll repeat it for ages without even understanding and knowing anything about it.

a goal happens in 1 sec. the game is 90 min (5400 sec.) so even if soccer/futbol was a high scoring game, lets say 5-6 goals, that would only take about 1-2min. of the game.....so obviously there is WAY more to this game than a FINAL score.  This is what americans tend to miss.  They dont understand the history, the rivalry, the passion, the importance behind it.  There is more to a game than just 2 random teams, every game becomes HISTORY.  Goals are memorable, unlike NFL football, basketball, baseball, etc.....u can hardly remember anything from nba playoffs once they're done.  But a goal is to be remembered forever. 

when i watch soccer, i enjoy the game play, not just the score, i watch to see how the other team moves the ball up the field and what players are more effective and how the other team defends and reacts.  Its a chess game, not checkers. 

Muhfukka

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 10:06:27 AM »
the reason soccer is the biggest sport in the world is because most countries are poor as fuck and soccer is a cheap sport to play. to be completely honest soccer is a good sport as far as taking a lot of skill and athletecism to play well, but at the same time it FUCKIN BORING to watch. 99% of the time its just back and forth on a big ass field without any scoring or anything. i have some friends who are real good at soccer and play this indoor league where the field is much shorter and theyre allowed to play off the walls and shit, i can stand watching that because shit actually happens

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:11 AM »
They dont understand the history, the rivalry, the passion, the importance behind it.  There is more to a game than just 2 random teams, every game becomes HISTORY. 

Plus American teams are franchises, a team can go from one city to another without the fans getting real upset and shit like that. No history. Every football club have history within the local area. Look what happened when Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes.

kemizt

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 10:36:03 AM »
i have some friends who are real good at soccer and play this indoor league where the field is much shorter and theyre allowed to play off the walls and shit, i can stand watching that because shit actually happens

Futsal is awesome.

kemizt

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 12:01:18 PM »
the reason soccer is the biggest sport in the world is because most countries are poor as fuck and soccer is a cheap sport to play. to be completely honest soccer is a good sport as far as taking a lot of skill and athletecism to play well, but at the same time it FUCKIN BORING to watch. 99% of the time its just back and forth on a big ass field without any scoring or anything. i have some friends who are real good at soccer and play this indoor league where the field is much shorter and theyre allowed to play off the walls and shit, i can stand watching that because shit actually happens

its not about scoring, thats what ur missing

look at basketball, constant scoring but still gets boring, no one watches these sports from beginning to end, u only like highlights and end of the game.  i know NFL for sure, people watch less than half the game, basketball, most people watch last quarter

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 07:20:28 PM »
the reason soccer is the biggest sport in the world is because most countries are poor as fuck and soccer is a cheap sport to play.

No

Muhfukka

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »
the reason soccer is the biggest sport in the world is because most countries are poor as fuck and soccer is a cheap sport to play.

No
Yes
i have some friends who are real good at soccer and play this indoor league where the field is much shorter and theyre allowed to play off the walls and shit, i can stand watching that because shit actually happens

Futsal is awesome.
yeah thats what its called