Author Topic: A mini rant about people that complain about soccer/football  (Read 3542 times)

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Re: A mini rant about people that complain about soccer/football
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »
Soccer is for soft foreigners. LOL @ those gay uniforms, and soccer jerseys will never look cool to wear.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Jaydc

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2010, 05:09:17 PM »
LOL @ their being some conspiracy.heres the facts,Other countries really dont get to experience all the sports like north america its just no the same.Were very culturally diverse here and were brought it with all sports.Most people I know played in soccer leagues at some point on their life.We get the choice of picking the sports here that we like and soccer is in last because of how boring the game is.other countries dont get the chance to pick the sports their just raised on one sport soccer.If they were raised in a more diverse enviroment and all sports were avaiable to them,soccer would be their last choice to play.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2010, 05:21:53 PM »
I'm a huuuge baseball fan, and soccer is way more exciting to not only watch but play as well.  I prefer baseball for a lot of other reasons that I won't get into right now.  The boring argument is just a bunch of bullshit, straight up. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »
And you don't really choose a sport, because it's already decided what sports are kings in the United States.  It's not secret that the most popular sports in the United States were sports that basically had leagues started here and sports that were born here.  If soccer was an American invention, it would be up there. 

Jaydc

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2010, 05:28:26 PM »
No its just a boring sport.Watching men kick a ball up and down a field is not exciting.Its a flawed game and extremely boring.But I find baseball boring as well.Why do soccer players act like such women?They get touched and they writhe around the ground in pain like some diva.Grow a fucking pair.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2010, 05:47:11 PM »
I'm an American but since my dad is from Mexico and he's a big soccer fan I grew up watching and playing soccer.  Although my favorite sport became baseball, soccer is easily up there.  See, I understand that my interest in soccer would not be there if my dad didn't like it or shit even if I was something else beside a Mexican American.  The problem though is when people diss soccer, "oh that shit is boring" "low scoring ass games" "how can 0-0 be exciting?"  Most of these people, if they were born outside of the United States most likely they will have a bigger interest in soccer/football than any the big trio of American Sports.  Of course you'll have some exceptions, but let's recognize what would really happen if you were born in Italy, England, France, Germany, Brazil, etc. 

So when the World Cup gets a lot of attention, don't be talking about how boring it is blah blah blah because more likely you would be a fan of that sport if you were raised in a different culture. 

the reason so many countries watch soccer is because they never got exposed to Michael Jordan or Peyton Manning or A-rod....that's the only reason they waste their time on boring soccer.

Bullshit. Everyone else watches soccer because its a great game, and everyone in the world was exposed to Jordan and Manning etc. Its just a case that NBA and NFL are much smaller sports than football is.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2010, 05:58:43 PM »
No its just a boring sport.Watching men kick a ball up and down a field is not exciting.Its a flawed game and extremely boring.But I find baseball boring as well.Why do soccer players act like such women?They get touched and they writhe around the ground in pain like some diva.Grow a fucking pair.

werent you arguing that if hockey was an american sport that itd be much more popular....but you say "no" when the same argument is used with soccer?  lol

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Jaydc

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2010, 06:02:04 PM »
Well basketball was invented by canada so that kind of throws that arguement out the window.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »
Well basketball was invented by canada so that kind of throws that arguement out the window.

all i remember is you getting upset that hockey wasnt more popular in the US..,,and you using the "america doesnt accept sports that isnt its own" argument.  lol

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Jaydc

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »

all i remember is you getting upset that hockey wasnt more popular in the US..,,and you using the "america doesnt accept sports that isnt its own" argument.  lol

i  was wrong.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2010, 06:36:36 PM »
I'm a huuuge baseball fan, and soccer is way more exciting to not only watch but play as well.  I prefer baseball for a lot of other reasons that I won't get into right now.  The boring argument is just a bunch of bullshit, straight up. 

i don't know, i've tried to play it, i've tried to watch it; i'm very open to sports & it just bores me.

if there wasn't hitting & fighting in Hockey, i'd say that's boring too.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2010, 07:04:55 PM »

by a Canadian in America

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2010, 07:06:12 PM »

Floppers exist in every sport basically, so what's the big deal.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2010, 11:23:48 AM »
LOL @ their being some conspiracy.heres the facts,Other countries really dont get to experience all the sports like north america its just no the same.Were very culturally diverse here and were brought it with all sports.Most people I know played in soccer leagues at some point on their life.We get the choice of picking the sports here that we like and soccer is in last because of how boring the game is.other countries dont get the chance to pick the sports their just raised on one sport soccer.If they were raised in a more diverse enviroment and all sports were avaiable to them,soccer would be their last choice to play.

people choose whatever is more convenient.  Show half as  much soccer on tv as football and basketball, ill guarantee u it'll become a huge sport.  Already since the past few years espn and fox have been showing more games, people are more interested.  Alot of my friends who were the biggest soccer haters watch now and we play fifa 2010 on ps3, they have lots of fun.  But yet they dont have much access to it on tv. 

its like anything else in this country man, whatever u show more of will have people interested....

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2010, 11:29:56 AM »

flawed game?? LOOOOOLLL

American FOOTBALL is modeled after soccer buddy...its the same concept genius, get the ball to the other side, soccer is actually more intelligent cuz u actually have to SCORE when u get to the other side with a goal keeper there to stop it.  
Oh and what completes a touchdown in football? a goal kick...and how important is that kick? it wins games!  
u dont have to switch defense and offence in soccer, u dont have to stop the game for 10min to figure out whether the ball was an inch higher or lower  ::)  
why stop the game so much?  i think american football is boring cuz of that, there is no damn flow to it, most of the game players are just standing around, thats not sport...those fat asses need to run a little more...instead of being healthy athletes these football players die at 50

its a joke man, i can write a whole essay about how american football is flawed...its just pure hype

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:32:16 AM by IRAN iz Gangsta! »