Author Topic: A mini rant about people that complain about soccer/football  (Read 3525 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: A mini rant about people that complain about soccer/football
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »
Im a big Football and Basketball fan. If any sport has a chance to overtake soccer worldwide...its Basketball, not Football. Basketball has grown ridiculously big worldwide from what it used to be. Football still struggles in a lot of countries, and Soccer has already been big worldwide so it wont grow as fast as Basketball is.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2010, 12:45:30 PM »
Im a big Football and Basketball fan. If any sport has a chance to overtake soccer worldwide...its Basketball, not Football. Basketball has grown ridiculously big worldwide from what it used to be. Football still struggles in a lot of countries, and Soccer has already been big worldwide so it wont grow as fast as Basketball is.

Basketball will never overtake soccer worldwide. I'm English and I'm aware that Basketball is only actually big in about two or three european countries. Even in those european countries its small compared to soccer.

Basketball is only a HUGE sport in North America, everywhere else people do like it but its not particularly big.

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2010, 01:02:20 PM »

Basketball will never overtake soccer worldwide. I'm English and I'm aware that Basketball is only actually big in about two or three european countries. Even in those european countries its small compared to soccer.

Basketball is only a HUGE sport in North America, everywhere else people do like it but its not particularly big.

Basketball is HUUUGE in south Europe Spain,Serbia,Croatia,Slovenia,Italy,Greece

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2010, 01:04:10 PM »

I know its fairly big in Spain and Greece, those were two of the countries I was on about, but I also know for a fact that soccer is ten times as big as basketball in those countries at the very least.

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2010, 01:08:25 PM »

I know its fairly big in Spain and Greece, those were two of the countries I was on about, but I also know for a fact that soccer is ten times as big as basketball in those countries at the very least.

True, i think another major factor is that european fanst are way more fanatic and have more passion for their sport than american fans.

the ghost

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2010, 01:11:35 PM »
Soccer worldwide has more damn near more fans/players than all other sports combined.  That's the truths!

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »

Its pretty hard to say "never". Basketball isnt going to take over anytime SOON. But youd be a fool not to notice that it is increasing in popularity at a much faster rate then any other major team sport worldwide. Just 15 years ago having a European player in the NBA was pretty much an experiment. Let alone a player from South America or Asia. Like Scrappy said, in South Europe basketball is becoming huge. There is a ton of money being thrown around there for basketball. In places like China basketball is becoming ridiculous. South America as well. Maybe not in England....but thats because the English will probably never be good at Basketball lol J/K. Either way, the chances of Basketball becoming a worldwide phenomenon are much greater than the chances of Football becoming one. As a matter of fact, its a much greater chance of that...than it is that Soccer becomes very relevant in the U.S.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2010, 01:26:43 PM »

Its pretty hard to say "never". Basketball isnt going to take over anytime SOON. But youd be a fool not to notice that it is increasing in popularity at a much faster rate then any other major team sport worldwide. Just 15 years ago having a European player in the NBA was pretty much an experiment. Let alone a player from South America or Asia. Like Scrappy said, in South Europe basketball is becoming huge. There is a ton of money being thrown around there for basketball. In places like China basketball is becoming ridiculous. South America as well. Maybe not in England....but thats because the English will probably never be good at Basketball lol J/K. Either way, the chances of Basketball becoming a worldwide phenomenon are much greater than the chances of Football becoming one. As a matter of fact, its a much greater chance of that...than it is that Soccer becomes very relevant in the U.S.

I agree Basketball has much more global appeal than NFL Football does, but Soccer will be big in the US LONG before Basketball will overtake Soccer worldwide.

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2010, 01:45:31 PM »
Soccer worldwide has more damn near more fans/players than all other sports combined.  That's the truths!

Volleyball is the sport whit the most players in the world.. Dont know about fans thought....
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

Muhfukka

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2010, 06:04:14 PM »

china

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2010, 10:33:32 AM »

I agree Basketball has much more global appeal than NFL Football does, but Soccer will be big in the US LONG before Basketball will overtake Soccer worldwide.

It depends on your definition of big. Soccer will never surpass Football in the US. That just will not happen. It wont surpass Baseball or Basketball either. So at BEST, Soccer can push to become the fourth largest team sport in the US...and even that is a going to be tough with Hockey. Basketball is already probably the #2 or #3 most popular team sport worldwide. They are much closer to the top for the world...than Soccer is to the top for just the US.

Jaydc

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2010, 12:36:53 AM »
This pretty much sums up soccer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/noOHdTQd6H8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/noOHdTQd6H8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2010, 07:03:44 AM »
Pretty much sums up trollin'

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2010, 08:27:48 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/noOHdTQd6H8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/noOHdTQd6H8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

i legit LOL'D.

it felt so true; especially how the Spanish commentator was hyping shit up for no reason.

face it Soccer fans, you just love the sport because it's so nationally related; you just want to play another country or town beat them & then laugh in the other teams fans face.

in American sports, just because you live near a team, doesn't mean you like them. i HATE the New York Knicks & i root for Philadelphia 76ers; where in Soccer you don't live in Brazil & root for Argentina.

you guys treat it like Soccer determines which nation is better & go made hard; because that Simpsons thing showed, even though it was clearly overexaggerated, it's basically what you watch for 90 minutes to see one team score once, occasionally both score twice lol; no way that can hold your attention unless there is something more to it, which is there is; defending your nation's pride.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2010, 08:35:47 AM »

i legit LOL'D.

it felt so true; especially how the Spanish commentator was hyping shit up for no reason.

face it Soccer fans, you just love the sport because it's so nationally related; you just want to play another country or town beat them & then laugh in the other teams fans face.

in American sports, just because you live near a team, doesn't mean you like them. i HATE the New York Knicks & i root for Philadelphia 76ers; where in Soccer you don't live in Brazil & root for Argentina.

you guys treat it like Soccer determines which nation is better & go made hard; because that Simpsons thing showed, even though it was clearly overexaggerated, it's basically what you watch for 90 minutes to see one team score once, occasionally both score twice lol; no way that can hold your attention unless there is something more to it, which is there is; defending your nation's pride.

Club football exists, it's not just National teams though.  National teams only come in to play every 2 or 4 years depending on the tournament.  Meanwhile, club football happens every year, year round in each country.