Author Topic: Rangers BANKRUPT  (Read 560 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rangers BANKRUPT
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 12:42:55 AM »
So no comment on why half the league is basically feeder teams?Your just breaking down finals and completey ignoring the playoffs.How is a league where half the teams are irrelvant and feeder teams competitive?

If you look up that thread, you can see the playoffs.  MLB has 18 different teams, NHL has 16.   It has more to do with the management then the money.  These feeder teams I assume you're talking about teams like the Marlins who have 2 more titles than my Dodgers last title.  Creating a farm system is fucking crucial, even the big market teams true reason of success goes back to their farm system.  There are really competitive teams right now in the three different money groups in baseball. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_teams_by_payroll

Top 5 records in baseball right now

1. Rays
2. Padres
3. Phillies
4. Twins
5. Yankees

29th, 19th, 13th, 24th, 1st

Somehow, the Twins are always there? 

Jaydc

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 01:04:24 AM »
You do know that those numbers on the numbers of playoff teams are made up right?Do your research.I mean first of all 16 teams every year make the playoffs in the nhl.So according to your buddy the same 16 teams have been making the playoffs every year  ::)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:33:06 AM by Jaydc didnt do it,that bitch is lying. »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 05:56:32 AM »
You could be right, but then doesn't that make it really hard for baseball's teams to make it since it's only 4 per league?  You know what would really help more than a gay ass salary cap in baseball, getting rid of the divisions and just having the top 4 teams in the League make the playoffs.

Baseball, any team can build for the future and be successful. 

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 04:17:32 PM »
Let's look at the last full seasons of each sport and the winning percentage of the best and worst teams:

MLB: Yankees .636 Nationals .364
NFL: Colts .875 Rams .063
NHL: Capitals .738 Oilers. .378
NBA: Cavs .744 Nets .146

Baseball has the smallest gap and a larger sample size would show that it's even closer than last seasons results.

Could you imagine if the Rams went to the Saints to play 3 games, the Saints would win all 3 probably 90% of the time.  Yet if the Orioles go into the Yankees house it wouldn't be crazy for them to take 2 of 3. 

Jaydc

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 04:41:36 PM »
baseball play 162 games and the nfl plays 16 you cant compare winning percentages

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »
Both of you guys are Blue Jays fans no?

What are your guys thoughts on the hitting coach's recent interview? 
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ti-bluejayshomeruns052610

Since we can't compare winning percentages, we shouldn't be able to compare playoffs because only about a quarter of MLB teams get to make the playoffs compared to basically double that in the NHL.  So we're back at Championship comparisons. 

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 11:50:24 AM »
Tampa Bay Devil Rays  Salary: 43.8

32-14

Fuck a salary cap

seems to me that teams like KC and Pittsburgh are just hiring the wrong talent evaluators

Tampa takes risks on guys with "high ceilings" but potential to fail
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 06:23:36 AM »
Both of you guys are Blue Jays fans no?

What are your guys thoughts on the hitting coach's recent interview? 
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ti-bluejayshomeruns052610

Guess I can't argue with the results so far, just hope Adam Lind and Aaron Hill get going.  What is going on with the power surge is definitely unexpected, going into the season I didn't expect much from the position players other then Lind, Hill and Snider so it's been a pleasant surprise.  Hopefully the Jays can sell high on some of these guys to a desperate team come the trade deadline.  2012 and maybe even next year is looking very bright, just hope the pitching staff stops getting killed with injuries.   

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 08:47:08 AM »
So no comment on why half the league is basically feeder teams?Your just breaking down finals and completey ignoring the playoffs.How is a league where half the teams are irrelvant and feeder teams competitive?

If you look up that thread, you can see the playoffs.  MLB has 18 different teams, NHL has 16.   It has more to do with the management then the money.  These feeder teams I assume you're talking about teams like the Marlins who have 2 more titles than my Dodgers last title.  Creating a farm system is fucking crucial, even the big market teams true reason of success goes back to their farm system.  There are really competitive teams right now in the three different money groups in baseball. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_teams_by_payroll

Top 5 records in baseball right now

1. Rays
2. Padres
3. Phillies
4. Twins
5. Yankees

29th, 19th, 13th, 24th, 1st

Somehow, the Twins are always there? 
Javi you need to update this.  The phillies have a top 5 highest payroll in baseball this season.  And the Twins payroll is in the mid 90's this season. 

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 08:52:36 AM »
And if Baseball doesn't need a cap as much as it needs a salary floor and a crack down on these bonuses draft picks get.  Something needs to be done about how international players are signed.

My question is, for those that cry about Baseball needing a cap what would you choose as a reasonable cap ?

Jaydc

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
And if Baseball doesn't need a cap as much as it needs a salary floor and a crack down on these bonuses draft picks get.  Something needs to be done about how international players are signed.

My question is, for those that cry about Baseball needing a cap what would you choose as a reasonable cap ?

I would put the cap at around 115 million,thats more then enough for teams to work with,and make the floor 55 million.

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 04:53:54 PM »

I would put the cap at around 115 million,thats more then enough for teams to work with,and make the floor 55 million.

So how do you propose the 6 teams that are over 115 million be punished for it.  And your salary basement only consist of 5 teams.  One of which is the Marlins who despite there miniscule payroll have managed to be a competitive team the past 5 years.  And one of the other teams is the Pirates who are hands down the worst ran organization in all of North American sports.

Jaydc

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »

So how do you propose the 6 teams that are over 115 million be punished for it.  And your salary basement only consist of 5 teams.  One of which is the Marlins who despite there miniscule payroll have managed to be a competitive team the past 5 years.  And one of the other teams is the Pirates who are hands down the worst ran organization in all of North American sports.
They shouldnt be punished,it should be an enforced hard salary cap.Im not talking about the nbas lame excuse for a salary cap Im talking a hard cap like in the nhl were you are not allowed to be over the cap under any circumstance.

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 05:03:10 PM »

They shouldnt be punished,it should be an enforced hard salary cap.Im not talking about the nbas lame excuse for a salary cap Im talking a hard cap like in the nhl were you are not allowed to be over the cap under any circumstance.

So how do you propose they get there payroll down to 115 million?  And my mistake it's only 4 teams under your 55 million threshold.  That consist of only 4 teams.  So thats 20 teams that fall between your proposed salary floor and cap.  Thats pretty even to me.  And if you get rid of the Yanks and Pirates throwing it a bit out of wack the differences in payroll are even less drastic then you previously thought.

Jaydc

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 05:06:03 PM »

So how do you propose they get there payroll down to 115 million?  And my mistake it's only 4 teams under your 55 million threshold.  That consist of only 4 teams.  So thats 20 teams that fall between your proposed salary floor and cap.  Thats pretty even to me.  And if you get rid of the Yanks and Pirates throwing it a bit out of wack the differences in payroll are even less drastic then you previously thought.

You cant look at the numbers now and say oh it only effects this many teams blah blah.All those players from the teams that are stacked would be disperesed between the other teams and make the league that much more comptetive.Instead of basically having half the league being comptetivie you would ahve the entire league be competitive.