Author Topic: Dr. Dre and Eazy arguing over how to produce a song  (Read 1791 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Dr. Dre and Eazy arguing over how to produce a song
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 05:52:43 AM »
Michelle, The D.O.C. Above The Law

not taking Dr. Dre out of the equation
sure, but Dre wasn't the only reason they all went platinum with their debut albums.

Probably not the only reason, but he was the core force behind their success, even Jerry Heller acknowledges this

anyway, since you want a better answer, MC Ren.

There's one, but his success lies because he was a core member of N.W.A, the biggest group at the time, not because he was signed to Ruthless. He released a few albums on Ruthless, but Eazy E had no hand in making them. I'm thinking more in terms of what Eazy, without any aid from the ones who made him a star, actually did for the music.

I've always seen Eazy E as being the equivalent of Suge Knight. He was the owner of the label, the one who put money into it, but creatively he did almost jack towards the music.

Helter Skelter wasn't certified gold but the numbers weren't that bad.
neither was the quality of the album.

if it was up to Dre, The D.O.C. would have had only 1 album & some skits.
Dre gave bad advice for The D.O.C.'s career.
look, accident or no accident, i doubt The D.O.C. could have been a big star.
but even with the current voice he could have done more with his career

The numbers weren't bad? What were they, pray tell?  From what I remember it was a commercial and critical failure. I'm surprised to find anyone that thinks the D.O.C.'s voice could hold a candle to what it used to, much less hold down an album. To me his strongest asset was always his smooth, elegant flow, which he completely lost. In my opinion his two album releases with his fucked up voice only hurt his career, didn't help it. Dr. Dre made the right decision, even if it was putting down his friend.
i don't know, but either The D.O.C. or Erotic D said it sold 300.000 units.

look, the voice is just a matter of taste: to me there's rappers that didn't have an accident who sound a lot worse than The D.O.C.
the voice isn't very loud, but with today's technology that's not an issue.

i'd say a solid fanbase is more important than stardom, but i guess you don't.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 07:37:58 AM »
No, what's important is being able to release good music. His vocals were fucked up and his flow was shit. That album tarnished the memory of how he was on No One Can Do It Better, because we saw how actually a lot of people could do it better now. I'm kinda lolling at you being able to sit back and bob your head listening to his scratchy ass faint voice.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 10:24:09 AM »
he released good music, but you obviously disagree.

brand new voice, your choice

luckily not everyone agrees with you, otherwise the studio sessions would have been a waste ;)
i don't mind that you're laughing at me, cause i understand that the voice is something else.

JohnnyL

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 12:30:10 PM »
Michelle, The D.O.C. Above The Law

not taking Dr. Dre out of the equation
sure, but Dre wasn't the only reason they all went platinum with their debut albums.

Probably not the only reason, but he was the core force behind their success, even Jerry Heller acknowledges this

anyway, since you want a better answer, MC Ren.

There's one, but his success lies because he was a core member of N.W.A, the biggest group at the time, not because he was signed to Ruthless. He released a few albums on Ruthless, but Eazy E had no hand in making them. I'm thinking more in terms of what Eazy, without any aid from the ones who made him a star, actually did for the music.

I've always seen Eazy E as being the equivalent of Suge Knight. He was the owner of the label, the one who put money into it, but creatively he did almost jack towards the music.

Helter Skelter wasn't certified gold but the numbers weren't that bad.
neither was the quality of the album.

if it was up to Dre, The D.O.C. would have had only 1 album & some skits.
Dre gave bad advice for The D.O.C.'s career.
look, accident or no accident, i doubt The D.O.C. could have been a big star.
but even with the current voice he could have done more with his career

The numbers weren't bad? What were they, pray tell?  From what I remember it was a commercial and critical failure. I'm surprised to find anyone that thinks the D.O.C.'s voice could hold a candle to what it used to, much less hold down an album. To me his strongest asset was always his smooth, elegant flow, which he completely lost. In my opinion his two album releases with his fucked up voice only hurt his career, didn't help it. Dr. Dre made the right decision, even if it was putting down his friend.

We can't really know that for sure.  That's a guess, at best.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2010, 12:37:28 PM »
^
a guess at best? lol. It's just blind denial on your part. He didn't write his own rhymes, he didn't produce, what exactly did he do? That's not a guess, its acknowledged by everyone involved.

JohnnyL

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »
^
a guess at best? lol. It's just blind denial on your part. He didn't write his own rhymes, he didn't produce, what exactly did he do? That's not a guess, its acknowledged by everyone involved.

He did produce according to his last interview in Rap Pages, he did write according to the liner notes on his albums.  Maybe he didn't do the majority of the writing, but he wrote.  What else would you have liked that he do?  And how is he like Suge Knight?  Exactly how many platinum and gold records did Suge personally have?  Your continued attempts to marginalize Eazy's contributions are laughable.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2010, 01:33:53 PM »
^

He did produce according to his last interview in Rap Pages, he did write according to the liner notes on his albums.  Maybe he didn't do the majority of the writing, but he wrote.  What else would you have liked that he do?  And how is he like Suge Knight?  Exactly how many platinum and gold records did Suge personally have?  Your continued attempts to marginalize Eazy's contributions are laughable.
true

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2010, 01:47:47 PM »
^

marginalize Eazy's contributions? They are already marginalized by all counts. If I came out with an album produced by others and with my raps written for me, should I get credit for it? Also I'm lolling @ you trying to give credit to Eazy E as a writer when its a known fact he didn't write his own raps and he has never been credited as a producer. I'm sure he probably ad-libbed a couple lines once someone had written the rap for him (as did Dre probably) but that doesn't make him anything close to a writer. You give him way too much credit.

JohnnyL

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »
^

marginalize Eazy's contributions? They are already marginalized by all counts. If I came out with an album produced by others and with my raps written for me, should I get credit for it? Also I'm lolling @ you trying to give credit to Eazy E as a writer when its a known fact he didn't write his own raps and he has never been credited as a producer. I'm sure he probably ad-libbed a couple lines once someone had written the rap for him (as did Dre probably) but that doesn't make him anything close to a writer. You give him way too much credit.

I'm glad you're lolling.  Keep lolling cause you're not effectively arguing.  You can look at the liner notes to any of Eazy's albums.  It cleary says who wrote his lyrics.  On the tracks where Eazy didn't write his own lyrics, the appropriate person or persons are given credit.  How is that taking credit for something that he didn't write?  It seems to me that he's giving credit to the writers.
 I also noticed you ignored my statement about Eazy-E producing music.  It's from his last interview, conducted with "Rap Pages" in February of '95 if you want to look it up.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2010, 02:28:55 PM »
no real chance of a career?
Helter Skelter was backed by a major label & The D.O.C. had the opportunity to drop a follow up to that album on the same label, but he ruined it.
so don't tell me he didn't have a real chance, because that's bullshit.

I didn't say he never got the opportunity to have a major label career, but that even with all the backing in the world and an album full of Dre beats, with his voice the way it was, only hard core fans could get into it. Hence, no chance of a commercial career ;)

COMPTONRIDA1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • COMPTON ORIGINAL
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 03:31:07 PM »
classic  ;D

DEKO

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 12:59:16 AM »
^

He did produce according to his last interview in Rap Pages, he did write according to the liner notes on his albums.  Maybe he didn't do the majority of the writing, but he wrote.  What else would you have liked that he do?  And how is he like Suge Knight?  Exactly how many platinum and gold records did Suge personally have?  Your continued attempts to marginalize Eazy's contributions are laughable.

In the beginning of his career he didn't wrote... Ice Cube and MC Ren did it for him (except for his Fuck The Police verse... he did write that one!!!). When time moved on he began to write his own rhymes (sometimes with the help of Dirty Red, BGKO and Dre'sta)! He did wrote rhymes for It's On (not all of them), and also the majority of Str8 Off Tha Streetz...

This has been confirmed by multiple sources over the years.... so give the man the credit he deserves!!!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:04:42 AM by DEKO »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 02:40:15 AM »
^

I'm glad you're lolling.  Keep lolling cause you're not effectively arguing.  You can look at the liner notes to any of Eazy's albums.  It cleary says who wrote his lyrics.  On the tracks where Eazy didn't write his own lyrics, the appropriate person or persons are given credit.  How is that taking credit for something that he didn't write?  It seems to me that he's giving credit to the writers.
 I also noticed you ignored my statement about Eazy-E producing music.  It's from his last interview, conducted with "Rap Pages" in February of '95 if you want to look it up.

yeah Rapsodie is acting like a politician.
truth is, Eazy-E was creatively involved with the music.

Helter Skelter was backed by a major label & The D.O.C. had the opportunity to drop a follow up to that album on the same label, but he ruined it.

I didn't say he never got the opportunity to have a major label career, but that even with all the backing in the world and an album full of Dre beats, with his voice the way it was, only hard core fans could get into it. Hence, no chance of a commercial career ;)
well i'm sure he can eat from it.

Blasphemy

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 11:02:59 AM »
^

yeah Rapsodie is acting like a politician.
truth is, Eazy-E was creatively involved with the music.

well i'm sure he can eat from it.

lol Well Dub has found DOCs Dick Rider of the forum.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 11:17:38 AM »
^

He did produce according to his last interview in Rap Pages, he did write according to the liner notes on his albums.  Maybe he didn't do the majority of the writing, but he wrote.  What else would you have liked that he do?  And how is he like Suge Knight?  Exactly how many platinum and gold records did Suge personally have?  Your continued attempts to marginalize Eazy's contributions are laughable.

I'm glad you're lolling.  Keep lolling cause you're not effectively arguing.  You can look at the liner notes to any of Eazy's albums.  It cleary says who wrote his lyrics.  On the tracks where Eazy didn't write his own lyrics, the appropriate person or persons are given credit.  How is that taking credit for something that he didn't write?  It seems to me that he's giving credit to the writers.
 I also noticed you ignored my statement about Eazy-E producing music.  It's from his last interview, conducted with "Rap Pages" in February of '95 if you want to look it up.

lol I haven't had the cd booklets for most of my cds for a long time. But I know he didn't write his own shit on the N.W.A. albums and Eazy Duz It. As for his post-N.W.A. shit, I'm pretty sure someone else was given credit for writing. If you can prove he wrote some of his post-N.W.A., I'd be interested to see it.

As for the interview, i actually read that. Where he claimed he and Ren came up with Just Don't Bite It, a track that Dre and Yella were given production credit for? Now how does that make sense? He claims to have produced Approach to Danger, a track that Dre is shown making in the only home video.  :D