Author Topic: Fuqua confirms Tupac biopic as next film  (Read 414 times)

woof

Fuqua confirms Tupac biopic as next film
« on: May 29, 2010, 03:00:39 PM »
Training Day director Antoine Fuqua has confirmed that his next movie will be a biopic about rapper Tupac.

Speaking to Digital Spy, Fuqua revealed that the project has just been greenlit by Morgan Creek chairman James G. Robinson and will go in front of cameras later this year.

"It looks like we're doing Tupac Shakur's movie next in September, that's what I've been starting up and working on now," he said. "I've been working on that for a while with Morgan Creek and Jim Robinson. I just got the greenlight from him and we're going in September. I've just started to prep that."

Fuqua added that he is hoping to find an unknown actor to portray the iconic hip-hop star, who was killed in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas in 1996.

"That's the goal, I want to discover someone new," he explained. "I want to discover a lot of new people if I can. Obviously I'm going to have to put some people in it that you know, just because actors have different skills. I want to go to the streets and find him anywhere he might be in the world."

Commenting about the rumours of a reunion with his Tears Of The Sun star Bruce Willis on prison break drama The Tomb, the filmmaker said: "That's a conversation I've been having with Bruce."

Fuqua's latest film, cop thriller Brooklyn's Finest, can be seen in UK cinemas from June 9.

YoungCrookedI

Re: Fuqua confirms Tupac biopic as next film
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 03:13:51 PM »
they need to get this guy...

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 03:20:47 PM »
They should find the guy who starred in the Smile video, and see if he acts. Lol.

fette_chico

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »
As long as its not the one from the biggie movie

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 05:21:27 PM »
As long as its not the one from the biggie movie

LMAO man that dude was a great actor but wtf were they thinking picking him to play 2Pac? He was NOTHING like Pac. Too bad Lamont Bentley isn't alive, he'd be a great Pac.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 05:26:44 PM »
get Tha Realest to play him :P

Nega-Sikotic 2.0.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »
get Tha Realest to play him :P

he'd cream his pants.

Jaydc

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 08:43:53 PM »
Hopefully its better then notorious that movie was just ridiculous.I mean I know you take liberties in movies but jesus that was terrible.And yeah the guy who played pac was terrible.The one shining part I thought was gravy,I thought he did an amazing job as biggie.

I hope they paint the whole picture with him,show his complexity and his contradictions and dont just paint some picture as a saint.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 11:55:28 PM »
Huge Pac fan since jump, But why?
The MTV doc was enough for me.
(The Frankenstein'd dialog narration by Pac worked well.)

Jaydc

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 12:17:29 AM »
Huge Pac fan since jump, But why?
The MTV doc was enough for me.
(The Frankenstein'd dialog narration by Pac worked well.)

Money

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 12:34:39 AM »
I hope they paint the whole picture with him,show his complexity and his contradictions and dont just paint some picture as a saint.
Exactly. And enough with the whole "let's cast someone who looks like Pac but isn't even an actor". He doesn't have to look like his damn doppleganger for Christ's sake. He needs to be able to ACT like him.

Mietek23

dnjp4life

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 06:09:28 AM »
This sounds like it has good potential if handled right.  Training Day was a great film so I'm sure this guy is capable of making this a hit.  It will be interesting to see who gets cast as 2Pac.

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 06:32:51 AM »
id be pissed if they cast wrong baldheads on pacs character

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »
Hopefully its better then notorious that movie was just ridiculous.I mean I know you take liberties in movies but jesus that was terrible.And yeah the guy who played pac was terrible.The one shining part I thought was gravy,I thought he did an amazing job as biggie.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson