Author Topic: Roy halladay throws perfect game  (Read 916 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Roy halladay throws perfect game
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 07:07:04 PM »

& you named half the NL with good staffs, the other half blows; the bottom three teams in the majors in team ERA are all from the NL.

yea but the AL isn't full of great pitching staffs either...you see where I'm getting at? 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »

& you named half the NL with good staffs, the other half blows; the bottom three teams in the majors in team ERA are all from the NL.

yea but the AL isn't full of great pitching staffs either...you see where I'm getting at? 

yeah, but they also have to face stronger lineups day in, day out; that was the argument, that the AL has superior offenses.

Tampa's got the best offense in the league & the Yankees & Redsox staffs have to deal with that, while Ubaldo gets to pitch against the mighty Giants; not to mention he gets an automatic out every nine batters; while CC or Matt Garza has to face David Ortiz opposed to Jon Lester.

what Ubaldo is doing is ridiculously impressive, i'm not trying to take that away; but that under 1 ERA would be at least one, likely more if he pitched in the AL, not even just the AL East.

Doc was pitching in the best offensive division in Baseball & still dominating; that's impressive, he's clearly been as dominate, but something takes away from it because he's faced Florida twice (they haven't score a run off him), Pittsburg, Houston (two worst hitting teams), Atlanta, New York, SF, STL, Colorado (solid group, but still no NYY, TB, LAA) & Boston.

SHOCKINGLY enough, his worst performance was against the Redsox.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2010, 07:45:28 PM »
What I'm saying is that the gap isn't as wide as you guys are making it seem.  We're acting like it's AAA vs MLB.  Obviously the extra batter makes a big difference, but that also makes a big difference in hitting as well.  Give some of these NL teams a DH and of course they'll score more runs per game. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010, 07:49:51 PM »
What I'm saying is that the gap isn't as wide as you guys are making it seem.  We're acting like it's AAA vs MLB.  Obviously the extra batter makes a big difference, but that also makes a big difference in hitting as well.  Give some of these NL teams a DH and of course they'll score more runs per game. 

maybe, but that's not the case.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
Then it should definitely not be used in an argument on why AL batters are so much better than NL batters

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2010, 10:11:21 AM »
Then it should definitely not be used in an argument on why AL batters are so much better than NL batters

i don't know whose got better hitters, but the AL has better lineups because of the DH.

hence, it's easier to pitch in the NL; plus the Pirates & Astros suck asshole.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »

i don't know whose got better hitters, but the AL has better lineups because of the DH.

theres a difference in saying what youre saying and saying that the nl hitters are 'inferior". 

and stop acting like every team in the al is amazing....some of the worst teams in MLB are in the al. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »

theres a difference in saying what youre saying and saying that the nl hitters are 'inferior". 

there is, i guess that's why Remedy360 said what he did & i said what i did lol.
the inferior NL hitters don't stand a chance.

;)

Jaydc

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 06:27:30 PM »
the al is more conductive to hitting because of the dh rule.

That being said fuck all the al nl talk.the fact is the al east is the best division in baseball and has been for the longest time,its far and away the best its not even close.Roy Halladay had to pitch in this division.