Lakers in 4
Boston in 4
Lakers in 5
Boston in 5
Lakers in 6
Boston in 6
Lakers in 7
Boston in 7

Author Topic: NBA Finals - Boston Celtics v. Los Angeles Lakers  (Read 6928 times)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NBA Finals - Boston Celtics v. Los Angeles Lakers
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2010, 01:37:15 AM »
Shaping up to be another good contest between these two teams. Makes up for the one sided playoffs round 1, 2.

Missed the game today, sounds like the Celtics made a short comeback, but Lakers took it by 7, so I can only imagine that they f'd up towards the end. Caught Fishers shot with three in his face.  :o.

sprite

« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2010, 02:29:14 AM »
in regard to the officiating, I agree with whoever said it's been bad for both teams

also whoever said they wish the series would just NOT be about the refs, simple and plain, I agree as well

they seem to think people want free throws instead of elbows?  what the fuck

as far as the game, when Fisher took that ball coast-to-coast for the 3-point play, the Celtics deserved to lose

they should have won considering they held Kobe to 29 pts on 29 shots and also let Gasol only get 11 shots

where the fuck is Paul Pierce?  we know Allen had the worst game of his career, but Pierce is a no-show 3 games in

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2010, 02:43:53 AM »
I'm kinda surprised that Lakers are winning the series. Boston looks so much stronger, they score with ease and team collaboration while it seems like Lakers depend too much on Kobe and Gasol. And bench vs. bench is not even worth talking.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2010, 06:40:57 AM »
Fisher being useful again? Who woulda thought? I sure as hell not. Damn niggas, Ray Allen jumping from positve all-time records to negative ones within 49 hours. Crazy shit. I hope Celtics mean business in the next game, if lose another home game it's over.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2010, 09:13:41 AM »
wow fish really stepped it up, about time...

i love seeing boston fans shut up  ;D  i hate these loud ass crowds like them, utah, cleveland, etc...they're so gay with that lame "beat la" chant

westsiderider323

« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2010, 10:03:55 AM »
no bullshit today lakers takin this one

like i said
d fish handled shit last night even the bench made a good effort cant complain bout them kobe was missin some shots that he shouldve made but it was all good

mackiain

• Lil Geezy
  • 2010 Year of the Lakers
« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2010, 11:12:03 AM »
I'm kinda surprised that Lakers are winning the series. Boston looks so much stronger, they score with ease and team collaboration while it seems like Lakers depend too much on Kobe and Gasol. And bench vs. bench is not even worth talking.

Both benches are pretty weak. I would say Odom is the best bench player in the series.
Westcoast Hip-hop fan since 93.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »
It's really unbelieveable that in a western country and world-wide shown league you have refs like him in the Finals. In fact, that is just unfathomable. It makes no sense besides fraud and extortion.
he has naked pictures of Stern
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2010, 01:24:20 PM »

Both benches are pretty weak. I would say Odom is the best bench player in the series.

which can be a good thing, or a bad thing, Odom is so inconsistent that I use to love him as a clutch performer, but recently I think his been slipping and I'm really liking Bynum in the clutch. Hopefully Odom puts in a great game and we see old Odom back.

theremedy360

« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2010, 03:14:29 PM »
What a 4th quarter for Fisher

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2010, 04:32:29 PM »

i love seeing boston fans shut up  ;D  i hate these loud ass crowds like them, utah, cleveland, etc...they're so gay with that lame "beat la" chant

Lmao u kill me kid, first u said u wanted the celtics to beat the lake show now u jumpin the wagon....Hilarious ;D 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2010, 07:30:12 AM »
If the Lakers win the series, people will look to Artest slamming Pierce as the defining moment of the Lakers being the more physical team. I am confused why the media is getting down on Artest because of his offense. 2 years ago, Pierce KILLED us, he was able to beat Kobe and take the Finals MVP. Could Ariza help this year, yes, but his not half the defender Artest is, and Ariza is a great defender. The Artest move was perfect, we may lose Ariza but we gain a better defender. If I was building the Lakers to win with Bynum for the next 10 years, I keep Ariza. If I'm looking to win with Kobe in the next 3, I go with Artest.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2010, 09:23:08 AM »
Lakers Play Mind Games to Stay Ready

6/09/2010 6:11 PM ET By Chris Tomasson

BOSTON -- The Lakers could have changed hotels to get away from bad memories of their 39-point drubbing by the Celtics in Game 6 of the 2008 Finals. There are ample luxury hotels in Boston.

But the Lakers keep staying at the same hotel near Boston Common. We won't provide the name only because forward Luke Walton said when the Lakers' location in the Detroit area was publicized during the 2004 Finals, phones rang all night in rooms and horns honked outside. The Lakers lost all three games in Detroit to fall 4-1.

But the Lakers are 3-0 in Boston since they have continued to return to the same hotel where they spent the painful night following the 131-92 loss June 17, 2008, which secured the Celtics' 4-2 Finals win. That's two regular-season wins and Tuesday's 91-84 triumph in Game 3 of the Finals, which gave the Lakers a 2-1 lead.

"Every time I stay in that hotel, it reminds me of the last night I slept there after Game 6 and how bad I felt, and how long of a night it was for us,'' Lakers forward Pau Gasol said Wednesday. "The last two regular-season games I had the same feeling as I do every time I'm there. ... To me it (is motivation staying at that hotel). ... It contributes to remind us what we went through.''

Perhaps it would be giving too much credit to the Zen Master himself, Lakers coach Phil Jackson, for keeping the Lakers in the same hotel. Teams often always stay at the same place in cities regardless of outcomes.

But what the heck. Jackson has 10 rings, and he's the master of mind games. So anything mental going on during these Finals, let's throw him some credit.

That includes Lakers players getting motivation from finding a similar mint on their pillow to the one that arrived the morning of the 2008 Boston massacre. And it includes Lakers center Andrew Bynum using meditation to help him play through a torn meniscus in his right knee that will require surgery after the season.

That's right, meditation. This guy is still a youngster at 22, and he's acting like a seasoned veteran.

"I learned that it's all about how you're looking at it, all about how you think,'' said Bynum, sounding as wise as Jackson and legendary center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, a Lakers special assistant who practices meditation himself. "I meditate right before the game and I meditate right after pre-game lunch. So I get time to think and visualize what's going to happen during the course of the game. That's kind of like playing the game before you do."

Andrew BynumPerhaps that's one reason why Bynum, who says he reads books on meditation, has been stellar in the Finals despite his bad knee, averaging 13.3 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.67 blocks. And perhaps one reason why Bynum vows the bum knee he tweaked in the third quarter Tuesday, which resulted in him playing just four fourth-quarter minutes, won't keep him out of Thursday's Game 4.

"I will play,'' said Bynum, who said doctors told him he can expect to have such tweaks and is confident he can log 30-plus minutes Thursday. "I did a little shooting early. I think it will be all right.''

With all that meditation, why would anyone doubt Bynum, even if Jackson said he won't know for sure until Thursday whether Bynum will play? But Jackson did say he's "really optimistic'' of having his center available.

While in Zen mediation, the eyes are said to be half open and looking slightly downward, Bynum said he closes his eyes while sitting in a chair. Told of Bynum's meditation, Celtics forward Glen Davis pretty much rolled his eyes.

"Whatever floats your boat or finds your lost remote,'' said Davis, borrowing a line from the OutKast song "The Whole World.''

Well, maybe the Lakers are helping get their minds in order by remembering what the remotes look like at that certain Boston hotel.

Walton certainly was focused after he surprisingly was inserted 2:15 into Tuesday's game after Ron Artest picked up his second foul. Walton logged 13 minutes, his most this postseason, being steady on defense, hitting a nifty long jumper for his only two points and grabbing two rebounds.

"It just brought up some real bad memories and some real painful memories,'' Walton said of gaining motivation by staying in the same hotel in Boston. "Personally, it just started getting me in a place of putting everything in the world aside and just focusing on winning these games.''

Perhaps if Lakers players meditate in their rooms, they'll be unbeatable for Games 4 and 5 in Boston.

westsiderider323

« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2010, 10:13:43 AM »
again no bullshit lakes takin this one today too celtics gon come out firing but if the lakers can hold down that D then they got a good chance of winnin today

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2010, 10:50:53 AM »

Lmao u kill me kid, first u said u wanted the celtics to beat the lake show now u jumpin the wagon....Hilarious ;D 

where did i say that  ???

im from LA and a laker fan, i hate the celtics....what i said before was i think celtics got this, i didnt say i want them to win, and that was only in the condition of lakers playing shitty like they do in some games, but if they play their game, lakers win