Lakers in 4
Boston in 4
Lakers in 5
Boston in 5
Lakers in 6
Boston in 6
Lakers in 7
Boston in 7

Author Topic: NBA Finals - Boston Celtics v. Los Angeles Lakers  (Read 6951 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NBA Finals - Boston Celtics v. Los Angeles Lakers
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2010, 02:43:53 AM »
Told you about the bench difference.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2010, 04:17:22 AM »
Some thoughts on the Lakers in Game 3 and 4

- Lakers takes way too long to run their offensive systems ...  should  bring up the ball to midcourt faster ... each time 7-8 seconds are wasted
- Lakers need to move the fucking ball side to side , this useless dribbling at the top of the key and lack of decision  results in desperate shots at the end of the shot clock
- Kobe needs to hit his spots better and be used more as a scorer , I don't like him having the ball far away from the basket because his ballhandling has been terrible and the Celtics have obviously more time to help on him once he passed by his defender
- Artest is a big liability on offense , as are Farmar and Brown , they are all ball movement stoppers and they just cannot run any play correctly

- Odom basically lost Game 4 for us by himself .. very bad decisions (or lack of) on offense , and TERRIBLE defense in all aspects possible i.e individual defense , help defense and rebounding (if I remembered correctly he had 1 rebound in the entire 2nd half)

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2010, 04:30:37 AM »
Solutions/Views for the rest of the series :

- Run your offensive sets faster , stop walking til midcourt

- Play Walton more minutes , he has been decent defensively and will improve the ball better

- Kobe needs to operate on the post and on the elbows ...

- Kobe/Gasol pick n roll anyone ? Very hard to stop but barely used ... don't ask me why coz I don't know

On defense :

Will be fine as long as Bynum can play 30+ minutes , if not we are in big trouble ... LO cannot guard any Celtics big plain and simple ...

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2010, 07:05:40 AM »
lol at referees versus Rasheed Wallace, some of those calls where just stupid lol, other then that good refs.

Pierce and Ray Allen need to step they game up if they want to win the series.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »
Sheed thinks he has never commited a foul in his entire carreer , don't be surprised if the refs are calling phantom fouls against him ... should have been thrown out of the game after his 5th foul (that was a foul) , his antics are getting old real quick ...

the whole Celtics team is a bunch of classless/fake tough players  minus Ray Ray .... smh at Fat Fuck and Nate overreactions after they scored a basket

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »
The Lakers defense in the 4th quarter was just embarrassing. They gave up 16 offensive rebounds in the game. I gotta agree with what wcsoldier said about Kobe on the offensive end. Where are those post moves we saw from him at the beginning of the season?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2010, 10:30:24 AM »
I gotta agree with what wcsoldier said about Kobe on the offensive end. Where are those post moves we saw from him at the beginning of the season?

I dunno man. Im a big fan (especially in the playoffs) of getting to the rim. Kobe needs to be attacking the basket more than posting up. There is no way the refs will foul Kobe out of one of these games so he should force the issue. Create contact and make the refs decide who the foul will be on. Kobe is a superstar, more likely than not the call will go against a Celtic big before it will go against Kobe. Not to mention he is 27-29 from the stripe during this series. He can disrupt the Celtics D far more by getting into the lane..than he can from the post position.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2010, 11:09:39 AM »
I gotta agree with what wcsoldier said about Kobe on the offensive end. Where are those post moves we saw from him at the beginning of the season?

I dunno man. Im a big fan (especially in the playoffs) of getting to the rim. Kobe needs to be attacking the basket more than posting up. There is no way the refs will foul Kobe out of one of these games so he should force the issue. Create contact and make the refs decide who the foul will be on. Kobe is a superstar, more likely than not the call will go against a Celtic big before it will go against Kobe. Not to mention he is 27-29 from the stripe during this series. He can disrupt the Celtics D far more by getting into the lane..than he can from the post position.
That's true. My point is that he should be getting closer to the basket rather than shooting long jumpers.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »
^^^^ he needs to catch the ball nearer the basket and in better position to attack it ...  easier said than done because Celtics D is very good but I dont see any adjustments from Game 3 to Game 4 and worse from the 2008 Finals from Kobe and Phil ...

Celtics couldn't buy a bucket for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarter still we couldn't build a big lead because of terrible offensive execution ... Phil is too obsessed with his triangle , fuck it ....  run some Kobe/Gasol pick n rolls and change your lineup, you can't play both Odom and Artest too many minutes together , the spacing is terrible because C's don't respect(rightfully) their shot ... put Sasha and Fish in corners 3 , it will give Kobe and Pau way more room to operate ...

And Kobe needs to start playing like he usually does , stop overthinking , overdribbling each time he got the ball .... go to the post and to the elbows i.e triple threat positions and do your thing ...

teecee

« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2010, 11:48:20 AM »
Sheed thinks he has never commited a foul in his entire carreer , don't be surprised if the refs are calling phantom fouls against him ... should have been thrown out of the game after his 5th foul (that was a foul) , his antics are getting old real quick ...

the whole Celtics team is a bunch of classless/fake tough players  minus Ray Ray .... smh at Fat Fuck and Nate overreactions after they scored a basket

That "Fat Fuck" ate your team for dinner last night :)   Love that guys emotion

As for Kobe,take it to the hoop- the last two games he is settling for too many outside shots and puts no pressure on the Celts defense.   

If Bynum doesn't play, game 5 will go the Celtics, which is incredible considereing how inconsistent the Celts have been, especially the main guys

« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »

That's true. My point is that he should be getting closer to the basket rather than shooting long jumpers.

Definitely.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2010, 12:04:39 PM »
^^^^ he needs to catch the ball nearer the basket and in better position to attack it ...  easier said than done because Celtics D is very good but I dont see any adjustments from Game 3 to Game 4 and worse from the 2008 Finals from Kobe and Phil ...

Celtics couldn't buy a bucket for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarter still we couldn't build a big lead because of terrible offensive execution ... Phil is too obsessed with his triangle , fuck it ....  run some Kobe/Gasol pick n rolls and change your lineup, you can't play both Odom and Artest too many minutes together , the spacing is terrible because C's don't respect(rightfully) their shot ... put Sasha and Fish in corners 3 , it will give Kobe and Pau way more room to operate ...

And Kobe needs to start playing like he usually does , stop overthinking , overdribbling each time he got the ball .... go to the post and to the elbows i.e triple threat positions and do your thing ...

The triple threat position isnt really used in the post. More so on the perimeter. When youre in the triple threat you are typically facing the basket.

I dont know if I agree with him catching the ball closer to the basket so much. I do think he needs to get to the rim and not take the outside jumpers so much. But you gotta remember who is in the middle of the lane. You already have Gasol and Bynum down there. If Kobe catches the ball closer to the hoop, it makes it EASIER on the defense to defend them. The defenders can collapse on Kobe and it doesnt create huge passing lanes. Essentially, a defense can use 2 defenders to guard three offensive players if they are all close enough to eachother. When he operates around the perimeter, it spreads the defense out. You cant really double Kobe when he is at the three point line or you will have an offensive player WIDE open somewhere. It forces the defense to play him one on one. His thing is, he just needs to be attacking and not pulling up for jumpers. Also, dont get into Allen Iverson mode. In other words, sometimes Iverson would fake out the defender so many times that he ended up not even getting open. When you get the ball at the perimeter and you know you can take someone off the dribble...it should take only 1...or maybe 2 moves to get past him. Once you start dribbling to much and trying to get too creative, you only help the defender.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2010, 12:20:55 PM »
^^^^ that's why I said go the post and/or to the (right) wing i.e triple threat position ... I know it's not used on the post ...

« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »
^^^^ that's why I said go the post and/or to the (right) wing i.e triple threat position ... I know it's not used on the post ...

You know what the triple threat position is right? Its not a spot on the floor...

theremedy360

« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2010, 12:42:19 PM »
Man, I'm glad the Sonics traded Big Baby before I ever had to watch him. The only thing that would've made losing the team worse would be watching that fat fuck in their last season here. That guy bugs the hell out of me, always drooling and shit.