Author Topic: Kobe...  (Read 4410 times)

Sccit

Re: Kobe...
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »
a bit of a stretch there lol but ok...top 5 player ever....lol

LMAO@top 5 being a stretch when he's competing for GOAT status.

He is competing in YOUR mind lol. Most experts didnt have Kobe rated a top 10 all time player prior to this year. Him winning his second title as the leader of the team I dont think will bounce him all the way into the top 5 lol But then again...Im arguing with a guy who thinks Kobe is better than Jordan (no Farmar).

Pretty much everyone already acknowledges that Kobe, at the top of his game, has surpassed or at the very least matched Jordan as far as skill goes. If he wins 6+ titles, it would be ridiculous to not include him in the GOAT discussion.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 05:40:03 PM »
Had a GREAT series....I'd go as far to say that was his best playoff series as a leader.   

He hit TOUGH shots, was consistent, used his teammates, and showed real maturity.

If he plays like this in the finals, Celtics have no chance.  He'll get his second playoff MVP and become a top 5 playoff player ever...

michael jordan
oscar robertson
larry bird
magic johnson
bill russell
wilt chamberlain
kareem abdoul jabbar
shaq o'neal

kobe is never cracking the top 8
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 05:40:57 PM »

He is competing in YOUR mind lol. Most experts didnt have Kobe rated a top 10 all time player prior to this year. Him winning his second title as the leader of the team I dont think will bounce him all the way into the top 5 lol But then again...Im arguing with a guy who thinks Kobe is better than Jordan (no Farmar).

Pretty much everyone already acknowledges that Kobe, at the top of his game, has surpassed or at the very least matched Jordan as far as skill goes. If he wins 6+ titles, it would be ridiculous to not include him in the GOAT discussion.

LMAO  where's the 5 MVP awards and 0 NBA Finals losses?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 09:00:46 PM »
Had a GREAT series....I'd go as far to say that was his best playoff series as a leader.   

He hit TOUGH shots, was consistent, used his teammates, and showed real maturity.

If he plays like this in the finals, Celtics have no chance.  He'll get his second playoff MVP and become a top 5 playoff player ever...

michael jordan
oscar robertson
larry bird
magic johnson
bill russell
wilt chamberlain
kareem abdoul jabbar
shaq o'neal

Kobe has already broken more records than most of those players.

The MVP award is a popularity contest...Nash has more MVPs than Kobe as well. you wouldn't say he's better than Kobe...or would you? LOL.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 09:05:16 PM »
BROKEN MORE RECORDS?  like what?

11 titles?  3 MVP's in a row? 6 MVPs? 39,000 points?  100 points?  6 NBA Finals MVPs?  a season averaging a triple double?

what record does Kobe have that is more important than these?

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 09:08:01 PM »

11 titles?  3 MVP's in a row? 6 MVPs? 39,000 points?  100 points?  6 NBA Finals MVPs?  a season averaging a triple double?

Kobe has scored more career points and playoff points than most of those players and has more playoff wins, as well... and if he wins his 5th title this year, he will place third on that list, as far as rings goes, with a chance to move ahead...also, only person to score more points in a game on that list=Wilt The Stilt. Not even Jordan could score like Kobe can when he's on top of his game 8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 09:23:03 PM »
1-kobe has also played during a time where the first round of the playoffs was extended to 7 games instead of being best of 5

2-jordan was busy winning 6 titles (and would have won 8 straight if he didn't retire) to score 100 poiints

3-many people will always look at it as "Kobe could never win a ring on his own, until David Stern let LA rape Memphis in a trade" :D

ya boy hasn't even passed ringless Karl Malone in my book yet

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 10:14:32 AM »
1-kobe has also played during a time where the first round of the playoffs was extended to 7 games instead of being best of 5

2-jordan was busy winning 6 titles (and would have won 8 straight if he didn't retire) to score 100 poiints

3-many people will always look at it as "Kobe could never win a ring on his own, until David Stern let LA rape Memphis in a trade" :D

ya boy hasn't even passed ringless Karl Malone in my book yet

LOL...great excuses. 1 and 2 mean nothing, and 3 is a joke all in itself. "Kobe can never won a ring on his own"...and who on that list did?

teecee

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 10:53:30 AM »

Kobe has scored more career points and playoff points than most of those players and has more playoff wins, as well... and if he wins his 5th title this year, he will place third on that list, as far as rings goes, with a chance to move ahead...also, only person to score more points in a game on that list=Wilt The Stilt. Not even Jordan could score like Kobe can when he's on top of his game 8)

Instead, Jordan would put up 63 in a playoff game against the best defense in the league at the  time, not th shitta ass raptors in a meaningless game!

teecee

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 10:55:32 AM »

Fuck yourt semantics NIK.  "At the top o fhis game" blh blah...bottom line is Jordan was always at the top of his game, while Kobe has been quite inconsistent.  In the end, Kobe will likely end up with the most points of all time 9until LBJ pases him), and likely 6 titlse (3 playoff MVP"S)...his longevity beats Jordan, but that will be the only thing...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 02:59:20 PM »

LOL!!! Wow...

First off...Kobe having 6 titles isnt the same as Jordan having 6 titles. Even ESPN radio addressed it this morning. When talking about how fans are so caught up in the present. Originally the conversation was about Rondo and how when he has a big game in the playoffs people immediately start calling him the best point guard in the league. When really, there are about 3 or 4 that definitely better then him. Then it switched to Kobe and how Kobe fans say he is better than Jordan everytime he has a big 30+ point game in the playoffs when really he is still 30 playoff games behind Jordan, 2 titles behind him..AND (important), Jordan never had Shaq.  No one looks at Kobe's first 3 titles as an AMAZING accomlpishment of an all time great, because he was the second best player on those teams. Jordan NEVER was the second best player lol. Kobe's first three titles are closer to Pippens titles....then Jordans. Kobe's title last year was a far bigger individual accomplishment then all three of the three-peat titles lol. So he has a LOT of catching up to do.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 03:03:51 PM »

michael jordan
oscar robertson
larry bird
magic johnson
bill russell
wilt chamberlain
kareem abdoul jabbar
shaq o'neal

lol Kobe is still struggling to crack the top ten. The reason why Jordan is so hard to ever top is because every single year....Jordan was the best player in the league. There was absolutely NO debating it. Which is why the league is CONSTANTLY trying to build up a player as the next Jordan. Kobe has never ONCE been the clearcut BEST in the league. He is always amongst a group of great players. He has had moments where he was the best....so has LeBron....so has Duncan....etc.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 03:10:57 PM »

michael jordan
oscar robertson
larry bird
magic johnson
bill russell
wilt chamberlain
kareem abdoul jabbar
shaq o'neal

The MVP award is a popularity contest...Nash has more MVPs than Kobe as well. you wouldn't say he's better than Kobe...or would you? LOL.

Although Nash DID deserve the awards. The MVP award is about who is the most valueable to their team that year. You can argue every year basically who you think should win. But you cant really say Nash didnt deserve those. Not without accepting the argument that Kobe didnt deserve his.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »

michael jordan
oscar robertson
larry bird
magic johnson
bill russell
wilt chamberlain
kareem abdoul jabbar
shaq o'neal

Although Nash DID deserve the awards. The MVP award is about who is the most valueable to their team that year. You can argue every year basically who you think should win. But you cant really say Nash didnt deserve those. Not without accepting the argument that Kobe didnt deserve his.

NIK has only recently felt it's been a popularity contest; the last two years.

wonder why... ;D

theremedy360

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »

michael jordan
oscar robertson
larry bird
magic johnson
bill russell
wilt chamberlain
kareem abdoul jabbar
shaq o'neal

lol Kobe is still struggling to crack the top ten. The reason why Jordan is so hard to ever top is because every single year....Jordan was the best player in the league. There was absolutely NO debating it. Which is why the league is CONSTANTLY trying to build up a player as the next Jordan. Kobe has never ONCE been the clearcut BEST in the league. He is always amongst a group of great players. He has had moments where he was the best....so has LeBron....so has Duncan....etc.

A lot of people will argue for Lebron today but I still say Kobe is # 1. But I think he was definitely the clear cut best player those two years Nash won the MVP.