Author Topic: Kobe...  (Read 4412 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Kobe...
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2010, 04:01:58 PM »
Had a GREAT series....I'd go as far to say that was his best playoff series as a leader.   

He hit TOUGH shots, was consistent, used his teammates, and showed real maturity.

If he plays like this in the finals, Celtics have no chance.  He'll get his second playoff MVP and become a top 5 playoff player ever...

michael jordan
oscar robertson
larry bird
magic johnson
bill russell
wilt chamberlain
kareem abdoul jabbar
shaq o'neal

kobe is never cracking the top 8

lol Kobe is still struggling to crack the top ten. The reason why Jordan is so hard to ever top is because every single year....Jordan was the best player in the league. There was absolutely NO debating it. Which is why the league is CONSTANTLY trying to build up a player as the next Jordan. Kobe has never ONCE been the clearcut BEST in the league. He is always amongst a group of great players. He has had moments where he was the best....so has LeBron....so has Duncan....etc.

A lot of people will argue for Lebron today but I still say Kobe is # 1. But I think he was definitely the clear cut best player those two years Nash won the MVP.

You think KOBE was the clearcut best player the two years Nash won the MVP??
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 05:07:10 PM »
a bit of a stretch there lol but ok...top 5 player ever....lol

LMAO@top 5 being a stretch when he's competing for GOAT status.

He is competing in YOUR mind lol. Most experts didnt have Kobe rated a top 10 all time player prior to this year. Him winning his second title as the leader of the team I dont think will bounce him all the way into the top 5 lol But then again...Im arguing with a guy who thinks Kobe is better than Jordan (no Farmar).

Pretty much everyone already acknowledges that Kobe, at the top of his game, has surpassed or at the very least matched Jordan as far as skill goes. If he wins 6+ titles, it would be ridiculous to not include him in the GOAT discussion.

LOL!!! Wow...

First off...Kobe having 6 titles isnt the same as Jordan having 6 titles. Even ESPN radio addressed it this morning. When talking about how fans are so caught up in the present. Originally the conversation was about Rondo and how when he has a big game in the playoffs people immediately start calling him the best point guard in the league. When really, there are about 3 or 4 that definitely better then him. Then it switched to Kobe and how Kobe fans say he is better than Jordan everytime he has a big 30+ point game in the playoffs when really he is still 30 playoff games behind Jordan, 2 titles behind him..AND (important), Jordan never had Shaq.  No one looks at Kobe's first 3 titles as an AMAZING accomlpishment of an all time great, because he was the second best player on those teams. Jordan NEVER was the second best player lol. Kobe's first three titles are closer to Pippens titles....then Jordans. Kobe's title last year was a far bigger individual accomplishment then all three of the three-peat titles lol. So he has a LOT of catching up to do.

Jordan never had to play with a dominant figure like Shaq...don't penalize Kobe and his greatness just because he was fortunate enough to be a focal point on one of the greatest teams in NBA history.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 05:11:17 PM »
i'll finish your sentence.

..is second to LeBron. ;D

Lebron is the most skilled but he's got a long way to go to be the type of closer Kobe is.
the most skilled? what game you watching hahahaha, he's the most athletic and has the best physical gifts, but most skilled far from it, that muthafucca's jump shot is type garbage,his post moves very sub par, his footwork is nowhere near kobe's or tim duncans, stop drinking the stern and nba flavor aid they want to that equal to be the face of the league,but instead of it happening naturally like jordans progression they are telling you this guy is everything and it's not true just yet yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 05:12:07 PM »
Had a GREAT series....I'd go as far to say that was his best playoff series as a leader.   

He hit TOUGH shots, was consistent, used his teammates, and showed real maturity.

If he plays like this in the finals, Celtics have no chance.  He'll get his second playoff MVP and become a top 5 playoff player ever...

michael jordan
oscar robertson
larry bird
magic johnson
bill russell
wilt chamberlain
kareem abdoul jabbar
shaq o'neal

lol Kobe is still struggling to crack the top ten. The reason why Jordan is so hard to ever top is because every single year....Jordan was the best player in the league. There was absolutely NO debating it. Which is why the league is CONSTANTLY trying to build up a player as the next Jordan. Kobe has never ONCE been the clearcut BEST in the league. He is always amongst a group of great players. He has had moments where he was the best....so has LeBron....so has Duncan....etc.

A lot of people will argue for Lebron today but I still say Kobe is # 1. But I think he was definitely the clear cut best player those two years Nash won the MVP.

You think KOBE was the clearcut best player the two years Nash won the MVP??

Yes...and he was the clear-cut best. The year Kobe scored 81, many had already argued that he surpassed Jordan as far as skill goes...But you're right, Kobe wasn't ALWAYS the clear-cut best, just like Jordan wasn't always the clear-cut best. Jordan wasn't considered the best until he won his first title...up until the 90s, Jordan was NOT considered the best. When Kobe wins the title again this year, it'll once again become apparent to all the fickle NBA fans who the best obviously really is...PeACe

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 05:43:09 PM »
^LOL, surprise, surprise the year he's all alone & was considered a horrible teammate, being a ballhog, he dropped 81. :laugh:

& no, this year when/if he wins another title it'll make it even MORE apparent that he NEEDS a great big man like Pau Gasol with all-star caliber help surrounding him, with Phil Jackson to win; but it will also become apparent that the Lakers are a great team.

it's not "being fortunate" either, because he was ready to pack his bags & go to Chicago if the front office didn't hook him up with people; it was a demand, not something that fell into his lap.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »
a bit of a stretch there lol but ok...top 5 player ever....lol

LMAO@top 5 being a stretch when he's competing for GOAT status.

He is competing in YOUR mind lol. Most experts didnt have Kobe rated a top 10 all time player prior to this year. Him winning his second title as the leader of the team I dont think will bounce him all the way into the top 5 lol But then again...Im arguing with a guy who thinks Kobe is better than Jordan (no Farmar).

Pretty much everyone already acknowledges that Kobe, at the top of his game, has surpassed or at the very least matched Jordan as far as skill goes. If he wins 6+ titles, it would be ridiculous to not include him in the GOAT discussion.

LOL!!! Wow...

First off...Kobe having 6 titles isnt the same as Jordan having 6 titles. Even ESPN radio addressed it this morning. When talking about how fans are so caught up in the present. Originally the conversation was about Rondo and how when he has a big game in the playoffs people immediately start calling him the best point guard in the league. When really, there are about 3 or 4 that definitely better then him. Then it switched to Kobe and how Kobe fans say he is better than Jordan everytime he has a big 30+ point game in the playoffs when really he is still 30 playoff games behind Jordan, 2 titles behind him..AND (important), Jordan never had Shaq.  No one looks at Kobe's first 3 titles as an AMAZING accomlpishment of an all time great, because he was the second best player on those teams. Jordan NEVER was the second best player lol. Kobe's first three titles are closer to Pippens titles....then Jordans. Kobe's title last year was a far bigger individual accomplishment then all three of the three-peat titles lol. So he has a LOT of catching up to do.

Jordan never had to play with a dominant figure like Shaq...don't penalize Kobe and his greatness just because he was fortunate enough to be a focal point on one of the greatest teams in NBA history.

Thats normal man. Wouldnt you say Kobe winning the title last year was far more impressive than ANY of the titles he won playing next to Shaq? I would.  And you know you do to. You know yourself that EVERY single Kobe fan was praying he would win one without Shaq. Why would that be...if having Shaq wasnt viewed as such a huge advantage in Kobe having the other three titles?  Kobe fans wanted Kobe to prove he could win one as THE man on the team.

Btw...dont say "had to play with a dominant figure like Shaq" lol. Jordan would have loved to have that kind of help. And with where Kobe was in his career...having Shaq there was a blessing for him. They obviously would not have three-peated if you removed Shaq from the picture.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

theremedy360

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »
i'll finish your sentence.

..is second to LeBron. ;D

Lebron is the most skilled but he's got a long way to go to be the type of closer Kobe is.
the most skilled? what game you watching hahahaha, he's the most athletic and has the best physical gifts, but most skilled far from it, that muthafucca's jump shot is type garbage,his post moves very sub par, his footwork is nowhere near kobe's or tim duncans, stop drinking the stern and nba flavor aid they want to that equal to be the face of the league,but instead of it happening naturally like jordans progression they are telling you this guy is everything and it's not true just yet yell

Lol chill out man, I meant more along the lines of most gifted.

theremedy360

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 06:14:24 PM »
^LOL, surprise, surprise the year he's all alone & was considered a horrible teammate, being a ballhog, he dropped 81. :laugh:

& no, this year when/if he wins another title it'll make it even MORE apparent that he NEEDS a great big man like Pau Gasol with all-star caliber help surrounding him, with Phil Jackson to win; but it will also become apparent that the Lakers are a great team.

it's not "being fortunate" either, because he was ready to pack his bags & go to Chicago if the front office didn't hook him up with people; it was a demand, not something that fell into his lap.

He was playing on a team with Smush, Walton, and Kwame in the starting lineup, that team wouldn't have made the playoffs if Kobe hadn't tried to take over nearly every game. And in the year he played with those shit players, who considered him a "horrible teammate"?

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »

michael jordan
oscar robertson
larry bird
magic johnson
bill russell
wilt chamberlain
kareem abdoul jabbar
shaq o'neal

kobe ain't in the top 10?? you can't be serious my nig. where'd you put him...in the top 50? haha

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 06:50:54 PM »

He was playing on a team with Smush, Walton, and Kwame in the starting lineup, that team wouldn't have made the playoffs if Kobe hadn't tried to take over nearly every game. And in the year he played with those shit players, who considered him a "horrible teammate"?

all the analysts & shit were calling him a ballhog, etc.

it's hard to average 35 points a game & not be labeled a ballhog lol.

but LeBron has only been put in a slightly better situation, basically similar situation in 2006 & he went to the Finals.

so coincidentally enough, the year Kobe drops 81 & didn't win a ring is the year NIK says he was at the top of his game, surpassing Jordan, while LeBron led his team to the Finals with almost a similarly awful cast.

funny though how the only thing he holds against LeBron is that he hasn't won a ring & Kobe's peak was when he didn't win lol.

theremedy360

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 08:10:24 PM »

but LeBron has only been put in a slightly better situation, basically similar situation in 2006 & he went to the Finals.

so coincidentally enough, the year Kobe drops 81 & didn't win a ring is the year NIK says he was at the top of his game, surpassing Jordan, while LeBron led his team to the Finals with almost a similarly awful cast.

funny though how the only thing he holds against LeBron is that he hasn't won a ring & Kobe's peak was when he didn't win lol.

Yeah but again, guys that were playing in the starting lineup aren't even good enough to get consistent minutes on ANY team (aside from Lamar). While Lebron's supporting cast was nothing to brag about in those days, it was still stronger than Kobe's. Also, Lebron played in the East and had a much easier regular season and playoff road. Yeah the Pistons series was very impressive but that almost seemed like more of a Pistons collapse rather than a Cavs victory, but I'll give him props for that regardless. While you can make some comparisons between the two situations I guess I just don't see the similarities that you do, I feel like if Kobe hadn't tried to take over all the games with that cast they would be a lottery team (like they were the first year w/o Shaq when Bryant was injured and missed a bunch of games)

UNCEEN

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 08:31:51 PM »
This "Natas" character is the biggest idiot i've seen post on here....its obious everything he's sayin is to hate on kobe... how can you not say he's a great player? ... did he not wanna sign u an autograph or something? .... Kobe>LeBron.. what does LeBron have that kobe doesnt? .. Footwork? Jumper? Clutch shooting? Handles? Basketball IQ? Rings? Wins?

UNCEEN

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2010, 08:43:21 PM »
CAVS FANS AGREE KOBE>LEBRON from CAVS FORUM

Watching Kobe in the playoffs this year proves he is still better than Lebron. Some of the shots Kobe is taking with a man in his face fade away, go down ever time in clutch situations. LeBron did not prove this year that he could make those clutch shots. With that said we really do need Lebron back here in Cleveland. But no matter where he goes I just don't think Lebron will ever have that killer instinct. The one that basketball is everything and he will do anything to have that trophy in his hands at the end of the year.
LeBron is more into what movie he will be in, how he can become the next billion dollar athlete, what NY is saying about him, how he can make the NBA bow down to him in free agency, goofin off before games, during games, in practice ect... We don't see Kobe do these things because he works hard and has the heart of a champion.
Never liked Kobe, actually I hate the guy. Until this year, just the way Lebron is handling himself makes me believe he is no where close to Kobe. And if he leaves I don't think he ever will be.

He's not only better than Lebron, imo he's significantly better. He wins big games. He's still the MVP if by that you mean "Who is the biggest winner in the league.." "If you could have one guy..." etc. He has a better coach and a better starting cast, but you saw it again tonight... hitting impossible shots when it counted. Over and over again. That burning fire. He's still the best player of this generation.

Who would I rather sign to a long-term deal? Lebron, of course. But there's no doubt in my mind that Bryant is, at 32, still the better player. He's the guy I'd rather go to war with... Stats schmats, look with your eyes.

I hate the Lakers, but that's just the way it is. We're just going to have to wait for time to take its toll.

I've had a chance to digest how this year's playoffs went down and I've thought long and hard about what the team should do now. After several weeks of thinking I'm of the opinion that the best thing the Cavs can do is to separate themselves from LeBron James. He is holding this franchise hostage and has shown NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE why he deserves to be in that position. I have 100% soured on LeBron James as a member of this team. I realize I'm probably one of the few Cavs fans who thinks this way, but at this point I'd rather start over from scratch and rebuild the team than to put up with LeBron's terrorist tactics; his intentional tank job has sealed it for me.

That being said, the only way I can think to make the comparison is this way:

- Kobe's primary focus is championships; LeBron's primary focus is money and attention.

- If Kobe gets money and attention while winning championships, he considers them ancillary rewards for hard work and determination to be the best player he can be.

-If LeBron wins championships while getting money and attention, he considers it to an ancillary benefit for the hard work and determination to be the best bread-winner and media whore he can be.

If Kobe has a mismatch he exploits it.

If LBJ has a mismatch he shoots the hero 3 or dribbles out the shot clock and throws the bail out pass to a teammate to take all the blame.

The fact he is ok with Games 2, 4, 5, and 6 in the Bos series alone makes him unworthy of being compared to Kobe anymore.

Kobe laughs at LeBron's development after 7 years.

No J, no post-game, not clutch when it matters.

LeFame is his nickname cuz thats all he cares about.

Lebron has a ways to go before he can do what Kobe does. As of now, Kobe is by far the better player and he makes Lebron look like childs play. Until Lebron can takeover and win the end of games for his team in the regular season and in the playoffs Kobe will always be better.

UNCEEN

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »

How much games did he win?  :-X :-X :-X :D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010, 01:18:24 PM »
^i forget if it went 6 or 7 games in that Eastern Conference Final, but he scored 29 of the Cavs last 30 points so he won ONE game by himself lol.