Author Topic: Mortal Kombat Rebirth Trailer  (Read 995 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Mortal Kombat Rebirth Trailer
« on: June 08, 2010, 08:17:39 PM »

Supposedly just done for E3 to hype the new MK game, but I would watch a full feature of this fo sho.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
Re: Mortal Kombat Rebirth Trailer
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:26:23 PM »
Dang that shit looks dope.   :o :o :o

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 08:42:52 PM »
Looks great although it doesn't really have anything to do with the game, I'm guessing the plot is the same. My only real complaint is that it seems like they forgot about Outworld & have both Reptile & Baraka born on earth, WTF?? These guys weren't just individuals, Baraka & Reptile were from races with others being & looking like them, just like us humans & whats up with the Sub-Zero story?? Is it gonna be like MK2 were Scorpion enters the tournament just to find out Sub-Zero is actually the originals younger brother & he leaves it without killing him??

JohnnyL

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:31:59 PM »
 Just saw this on the movie site,  Ain't it Cool News.  According to the article, this isn't exactly official.  This was done by director Kevin Tancharoen as a test to show Warner Brothers to try to convince them to get behind his take on a "Mortal Kombat" movie.  While I agree that without the mysticism from the video game series, this really wouldn't be "Mortal Kombat," I think I'd still enjoy this movie (if it ever gets made) much more than the first two official theatrical efforts.  This was a well crafted short.  It will interesting to see if anything comes of this.

**Here's the article on Ain't it Cool News, for those interested**

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45406

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:19:09 PM »
Just saw this on the movie site,  Ain't it Cool News.  According to the article, this isn't exactly official.  This was done by director Kevin Tancharoen as a test to show Warner Brothers to try to convince them to get behind his take on a "Mortal Kombat" movie.  While I agree that without the mysticism from the video game series, this really wouldn't be "Mortal Kombat," I think I'd still enjoy this movie (if it ever gets made) much more than the first two official theatrical efforts.  This was a well crafted short.  It will interesting to see if anything comes of this.

**Here's the article on Ain't it Cool News, for those interested**

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45406

the 8min movie looked fuckin dope! i hope they actually make a movie.
i agree with the person above: baraka and reptile r suppose 2 be from outworld. but i'll take it w/e i just wanna see a full mortal kombat movie.
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 01:16:16 AM »
Wow this was just a pitch?  Looked like ALOT of money and time went into this, Warner better pick this up, LOL.

JohnnyL

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 10:29:22 AM »
Wow this was just a pitch?  Looked like ALOT of money and time went into this, Warner better pick this up, LOL.

Yeah.  It looked very professionally done.  And they even got Michael Jai White to play Jacks (Jax).  Also the chick who played Sonya Blade was from one of the Star Trek shows.  That exterior shot with the helicopters looked pretty impressive too.  They had to have put some money into this.

mackiain

• Lil Geezy
  • 2010 Year of the Lakers
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:03:01 AM »
Not sure I like the idea of Mortal Kombat being about Serial Killers rather than another dimension where the enemies just naturally had powers. None of this self mutilation bs. Jeri Ryan as Sonya blade, shes like 50.
Westcoast Hip-hop fan since 93.

MY FIRST LOVE WAS HIP HOP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 04:29:05 AM »
Johnny Cage just cant catch a break, killed in the trailer!! haha

doggfather

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 04:36:56 AM »
Dang that shit looks dope.   :o :o :o

+1!
I really like it!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

JohnnyL

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 07:40:32 AM »
Not sure I like the idea of Mortal Kombat being about Serial Killers rather than another dimension where the enemies just naturally had powers. None of this self mutilation bs. Jeri Ryan as Sonya blade, shes like 50.

I totally see where you're coming from.  To me, it's not truely "Mortal Kombat" if they don't include some other-worldly characters.  I wouldn't mind if that element is played down a bit in the first movie, as the first tournament took place on Earth.  But it would be difficult for me to fully accept a "Mortal Kombat" movie that didn't have that element at all.
 To be fair though, as far as the actors go, we have no guarantee that even if Warner Bros. were to pick this up as a full length movie, that they'd still cast the same actors from this "pitch" film.
  While I'm not really a fan of the hyper realistic Dark Kinight-ification of the characters in here, I really like the tone of this short.  If they could keep the dark tone and just incorporate a story that was more like the traditional "Mortal Kombat" story line it would be perfect, imo.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 07:56:04 AM »
it's about time they came back with a MK (fuck all of that Shrek shit) i'm not even gonna watch the trailer or read the reviews. 

Geesta

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 08:50:45 AM »
looks fuckin dope

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »

I totally see where you're coming from.  To me, it's not truely "Mortal Kombat" if they don't include some other-worldly characters.  I wouldn't mind if that element is played down a bit in the first movie, as the first tournament took place on Earth.  But it would be difficult for me to fully accept a "Mortal Kombat" movie that didn't have that element at all.
 To be fair though, as far as the actors go, we have no guarantee that even if Warner Bros. were to pick this up as a full length movie, that they'd still cast the same actors from this "pitch" film.
  While I'm not really a fan of the hyper realistic Dark Kinight-ification of the characters in here, I really like the tone of this short.  If they could keep the dark tone and just incorporate a story that was more like the traditional "Mortal Kombat" story line it would be perfect, imo.

this kind of movie would shit all over the other two they made. Not sure how they could make a movie that stays true to the mortal kombat story without it being campy. I'd rather watch a badass movie like this than another campy trash movie that plays to the fanboys. I don't know about you but I'm amped for this if they make it. Especially Scorpion. He doesn't need to be a demon to be a badass.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:34:51 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

JohnnyL

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 04:34:16 PM »

I totally see where you're coming from.  To me, it's not truely "Mortal Kombat" if they don't include some other-worldly characters.  I wouldn't mind if that element is played down a bit in the first movie, as the first tournament took place on Earth.  But it would be difficult for me to fully accept a "Mortal Kombat" movie that didn't have that element at all.
  While I'm not really a fan of the hyper realistic Dark Kinight-ification of the characters in here, I really like the tone of this short.  If they could keep the dark tone and just incorporate a story that was more like the traditional "Mortal Kombat" story line it would be perfect, imo.

this kind of movie would shit all over the other two they made. Not sure how they could make a movie that stays true to the mortal kombat story without it being campy. I'd rather watch a badass movie like this than another campy trash movie that plays to the fanboys. I don't know about you but I'm amped for this if they make it. Especially Scorpion. He doesn't need to be a demon to be a badass.

Well, I wouldn't want it to be anywhere near campy.  The tone of this "pitch" film is perfect.  Just introduce a supernatural element to it.  Don't make it campy.  Make it scary.  Keeping Scorpion a demon could be bad ass.  I would say just tone down some of the more video game-ish elements.  Like Lui Kang's bicycle kick.  That was one thing that should have never been put in a movie version of "Mortal Kombat."   In fact, they should leave out most characters' special moves, and keep the fighting more reality-based. Although I don't know how they'd do Sub-Zero without his freezing power.