Author Topic: Mortal Kombat Rebirth Trailer  (Read 997 times)

Jaydc

Re: Mortal Kombat Rebirth Trailer
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 07:05:23 PM »
this needs to be made.The original movies were horrible,even as a kid I knew the movies were bad.Id rather have a bunch of christopher nolan clone type movies then a bunch of unrealistic,corny movies like say ghost rider,daredevil,elektra,fantastic four.Camp can be done well but its very rarely done well.The evil dead triology is amazing,as is bubba ho-tep.But most camp is really corny and unwatchable.I dont know how anyone would want that from a movie.

JohnnyL

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »
this needs to be made.The original movies were horrible,even as a kid I knew the movies were bad.Id rather have a bunch of christopher nolan clone type movies then a bunch of unrealistic,corny movies like say ghost rider,daredevil,elektra,fantastic four.Camp can be done well but its very rarely done well.The evil dead triology is amazing,as is bubba ho-tep.But most camp is really corny and unwatchable.I dont know how anyone would want that from a movie.

I don't think anyone does.

Jaydc

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 09:25:06 PM »

I don't think anyone does.

Apparently matty does.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2010, 09:58:50 PM »
Lol, I don't know how anyone can think the first Mortal Kombat movie was actually a good movie. What it had going for it was camp and entertainment. But as a quality movie it was in the "so bad its good category." I understand we all have great memories of our childhood, but seriously go back and watch the movie. It may be entertaining but its not a good movie.

on one level, an entertaining movie is a good movie 8)

the 'so bad its good' or films perceived like that category is just as valid as 'high art' cinema in a lot of instances. i know a little about what an actual good movie is - degree in film studies/history. just hollywood doesn't make many of those these days. they should stick to the deliberately, corny entertaining flicks a lil' more. then again, i thought the dark knight wasn't that good, a blasphemous opinion to most.

No, there's a big difference between walking away from a movie thinking at least it was entertaining, and walking away thinking it was awesome. Like Jaydc said, 90% of flicks that try to be corny don't work, Evil Dead being one of the few exceptions. I'm not saying an MK movie should treat itself as high art cinema, but it shouldn't be going for camp, it should be going for cool.

That said, I would laugh my ass off if they made a new Mortal Kombat movie and halfway through one of the fights a guy randomly pops up and screams "toasty."

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2010, 01:11:55 AM »
Lol, I don't know how anyone can think the first Mortal Kombat movie was actually a good movie. What it had going for it was camp and entertainment. But as a quality movie it was in the "so bad its good category." I understand we all have great memories of our childhood, but seriously go back and watch the movie. It may be entertaining but its not a good movie.

on one level, an entertaining movie is a good movie 8)

the 'so bad its good' or films perceived like that category is just as valid as 'high art' cinema in a lot of instances. i know a little about what an actual good movie is - degree in film studies/history. just hollywood doesn't make many of those these days. they should stick to the deliberately, corny entertaining flicks a lil' more. then again, i thought the dark knight wasn't that good, a blasphemous opinion to most.

No, there's a big difference between walking away from a movie thinking at least it was entertaining, and walking away thinking it was awesome. Like Jaydc said, 90% of flicks that try to be corny don't work, Evil Dead being one of the few exceptions. I'm not saying an MK movie should treat itself as high art cinema, but it shouldn't be going for camp, it should be going for cool.

That said, I would laugh my ass off if they made a new Mortal Kombat movie and halfway through one of the fights a guy randomly pops up and screams "toasty."

I can already see the judge for the underground fights in the Rebirth movie commenting after a fatality with a "Dont give a fuck if a dude just died" attitude......   "Toasty!  :laugh:"

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2010, 01:23:17 AM »
Especially in this era, where it is so popular to make the super hero / character as "real" as possible.  I think it adds a bit more intrigue if you can watch a movie where you can question whether or not this could be the slightest bit plausible in the real world, instead of going all out and making the viewer accept that it's a fantasy.  Although I think for a concept such as MK, neither would fail if done right.

I would prefer the "modern" version, because we've seen the 2 movies (altho shitty as most of u say), and the dozens of storylines in the video games.  I think this trailer adds a new twist for the hardcore fans who may be getting tired of the same spiel, and gives the casual audience a stand-alone movie, who might not be into it otherwise.

viji

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »
That wasn't a trailer it was a short film trying to get the attention of production companies so the director can make it into a movie and no it's not the third movie it is more likely a reboot
==============

Free Games