Author Topic: Official Travis Mccoy "Lazarus" Discussion Thread  (Read 176 times)

Lunatic

Official Travis Mccoy "Lazarus" Discussion Thread
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:42:58 PM »
Never heard this cat's music but I keep hearing about him so I decided to download his new album "Lazarus" and noticed there isn't a thread on it up yet. Travis Mccoy is the front man of Gym Class Heroes for those who don't know.

1. Dr. Feel Good (Ft. Cee-Lo)
2. Superbad
3. Billionaire (Ft. Bruno Mars)
4. Need You
5. Critical (Ft. Tim Williams)
6. Akidagan
7. We'll Be Alright
8. The Manual (Ft. T-Pain & Young Cash)
9. After Midnight
10. Don't Pretend (Ft. Colin Munroe & Travis Barker)

I'm half way through and am really enjoying this album.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

Re: Official Travis Mccoy "Lazarus" Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 05:46:14 PM »
1. Dr. Feel Good - 5/5 - Love this joint! Cee Lo sounds really good on this
2. Superbad - 4/5 - Catchy once again. I like this track!
3. Billionaire - 5/5 - Love the guitar on this. Bruno Mars is great on it too.
4. Need You - 4/5 - Another cool sounding song
5. Critical - 3.5/5 - I like it but not as much as the first four

6. Akidagan - 3.75/5 The children's hook is cliche but makes sense here. Not bad. Travis raps cool on here. Good memories, haha.
7. We'll Be Alright - 4/5 - Corny but catchy. Travis makes good sounding music that can get you into it.
8. The Manual - 4.5/5 - Love the T-Pain hook and song has a cool concept/message. Young Cash doesn't sound too bad either.
9. After Midnight - 3.75/5 - Another cool sounding track.
10. Don't Pretend - 4/5 - Great closer. Travis whiny flow here is an interesting choice. Gotta love Travis Barker on the music. Love me this new Colin Munroe guy too (no homo)

Don't come in expecting real hip hop or anything nuts. It's just good sounding music. A fun album to chill out to and put on. Perfect summer time record.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:07:10 PM »
Cant remember the last time I saw an album less than 40 minutes long, seems like a good thing tho, cuts out alot of filler. I liked the past 2 GCH albums and bought The Quilt last time around.

Only problem I have with this album is the last track, I like it but I dont think it fits in with this album. Really enjoying the album tho, debating on whether or not to pick it up, chances are I will after a couple more spins. Billionaire and Dr. Feel Good are easily my favorite tracks on here.

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 06:08:09 PM »
Billionaire and Dr. Feel Good are easily my favorite tracks on here.
Those are my two favorites as well

Beatzz

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 05:37:46 PM »
i love "Billionaire" but "Superbad" is among one of the worst songs i've ever heard in my life. What does the album lean more towards?

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 03:59:12 AM »
Digging this more than I thought I would.

i love "Billionaire" but "Superbad" is among one of the worst songs i've ever heard in my life. What does the album lean more towards?

It's got everything in  between them, I recommend just checking it out..

Least Fav: The Manual
Most Fav: SUPERBAD (suck it u guys!), Critical, Need You

Would compare the production on this album to that of the song 'BOB - Magic'..  Def. has a Gym Class Heroes vibe to it.

Jaydc

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 08:19:21 PM »
1.Dr.Feelgood - 9 out of 10 - Cee-lo is always amazing,he just gives music such soul and energy.Travis fits the energy nicely
2.Superbad- 6 out of 10 - Decent song but nothing special.Chorus is kinda forgettable.Ill probably end up skipping this song a lot.
3.Billionaire - 9 out of 10 - Catchy chorus,solid verses from travis,love the guitar on the beat.
4.need you - 7 out of 10 - Pretty decent,the chorus is serviceable if a little generic.nice production and decent verses.
5.Critical - 6 out of 10 - Eh,I like the lyrics but the beat and chorus dont do much for me.
6.Akidagain - 8 out of 10 - Cant help but sing along to the chrous,made me go back and listen to the original song.Travis comes correct and reminded me a lot of shit I used to do.Good track.
7.We'll be alright - 3 out of 10 -Too corny for me.Not feeling anything about it
8.The manual - 7 out of 10 - Not one of t-pains best hooks but decent enough,I like the verses though,travis flows well over the production like most of the album.
9.After Midnight - 6 out of 10 - 80s inspired production.I hated the 80s lol.rest is decent but nothing to make me forget the production.
10.Dont pretend - 6 out of 10 - I guess the whiny tone fits the theme of the song but I wouldnt listen this much.

Id give it a 7 out of 10.Its good summertime music,just something to thrown on in the sun and not pay too attention to.Nice production and travis flows over it well

Bi Ty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 09:02:38 PM »
This thread is how I stumbled on this site. It's absolutely positively amazing. I will for surrrreeee be bumping this in my wrangler next hot day!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 10:11:31 PM »
I actually love that "Billionaire" track. Very refreshing to hear in the mix of bullshit the radio plays over-n-over.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 04:46:00 AM »
I actually love that "Billionaire" track. Very refreshing to hear in the mix of bullshit the radio plays over-n-over.

Yeah Billionaire is hot!