Author Topic: WikiLeaks Discussion Thread  (Read 812 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Re: WikiLeaks Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 07:55:48 AM »
I need to smoke a fat one tonight and read through some more of them cables 8)

I figured the Iran/North Korea stuff might be disinformation, but the really interesting one to me was a relatively minor cable about the race riots in Britain. Interesting cos I didn't think the Yanks actually gave a shit about such things.

The general diplomatic tittle tattle is good fun but no better than reading celebrity gossip. There was never going to be anything really juicy; The Guardian newspaper have admitted to redacting and witholding a lot of stuff.

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 08:00:09 AM »
I've become suspicious of wikileaks, unfortunately. I believe they are actually a CIA/Mossad front.

First, Julian Assange frequently goes on television all over the world. If he was a true threat, they could def find him.

Second, the mainstream media hypes and publishes his work. Papers like the Washington post which is a CFR / bildeberg publication as well as television all talk about him. I promise you, if he was a threat they would pretend like he doesn't exist rather than publicize his info.

Third, and the most damning reason: he supports the official story of 9/11. That right there let's me know someone is controlling him.

Having said all that...he could have started out legit, but was prolly tracked down a while ago and had either his or his loved ones lives threatened. They prolly knew they could exploit him - make it seem like he is leaking earth shattering info, when really it's a whole lot of stuff we really already know, and some heads of state calling other heads of state bad names. Hardly earth shattering.

Why would they do this? Because after he leaks all this info, they will pass new legislation that gives them the right to detain anyone who they think COULD potentially do this. Also, it allows the Feds to go after any whostleblowers that talk to wikileaks, a la that soldier that was busted for leaking the cables earlier this year.

Also, look at what a lot of the info talks about...says bin Laden is alive, says Turkey supports Iran, says al Qaeda (which is another CIA front) supports Iran, etc. They are trying to bolster their justification to attack Iran. I want to see some leaks about Israel doing something atrocious, but I bet we don't.

I hope I'm wrong, and that Assange leaks the info that does out all of the atrocities done by our govt. I just think after what I've seen thus far suggests that wikileaks is nothing more than a CIA/Mossad asset.

very plausible

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »
I've become suspicious of wikileaks, unfortunately. I believe they are actually a CIA/Mossad front.

First, Julian Assange frequently goes on television all over the world. If he was a true threat, they could def find him.

Second, the mainstream media hypes and publishes his work. Papers like the Washington post which is a CFR / bildeberg publication as well as television all talk about him. I promise you, if he was a threat they would pretend like he doesn't exist rather than publicize his info.

Third, and the most damning reason: he supports the official story of 9/11. That right there let's me know someone is controlling him.

Having said all that...he could have started out legit, but was prolly tracked down a while ago and had either his or his loved ones lives threatened. They prolly knew they could exploit him - make it seem like he is leaking earth shattering info, when really it's a whole lot of stuff we really already know, and some heads of state calling other heads of state bad names. Hardly earth shattering.

Why would they do this? Because after he leaks all this info, they will pass new legislation that gives them the right to detain anyone who they think COULD potentially do this. Also, it allows the Feds to go after any whostleblowers that talk to wikileaks, a la that soldier that was busted for leaking the cables earlier this year.

Also, look at what a lot of the info talks about...says bin Laden is alive, says Turkey supports Iran, says al Qaeda (which is another CIA front) supports Iran, etc. They are trying to bolster their justification to attack Iran. I want to see some leaks about Israel doing something atrocious, but I bet we don't.

I hope I'm wrong, and that Assange leaks the info that does out all of the atrocities done by our govt. I just think after what I've seen thus far suggests that wikileaks is nothing more than a CIA/Mossad asset.

I tend to agree with this, I also tend to think that a lot of the so called stories are embarassing, as opposed to being highly damaging and furthermore revelations about the arabs wanting to attack Iran, only strengthen the hand of Israel. The whole thing stinks to me, the releases as controlled and if he really was a wanted man, best believe he (Assange) wouldn't be able to stay elusive.

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »
Those responsible for the leaks will be dead soon. Accidental, of course.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 04:28:37 PM »

If it was really was beyond their control and epic, the easiest thing to have done would be to take down the domain.
Lets not forget that it doesn't come out of the blue he is always hyping up what the next batch of releases will show.

Matty

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 10:53:55 PM »

If it was really was beyond their control and epic, the easiest thing to have done would be to take down the domain.
Lets not forget that it doesn't come out of the blue he is always hyping up what the next batch of releases will show.

this happened today, didn't last long. there are a lot of potential reasons why the most recent releases have been 'hyped' beforehand. i'm completely unpersuaded by arguments for or against wikileaks being a controlled CIA front or a legitimate, rogue data leaking organisation at the mo.

still only 600 of these cables released.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 07:01:11 AM »
I laughed my ass off when I read a statement somewhere by Hilary Clinton that "the Wikileaks leak is an attack on the world."

No it is not, It's an attack on the U.S. and it hurts the EGO of some people there who think they control everything. I do think that the army should be more transparant about their operations as they can cover anything up they want.
Julian Assange is now suddenly wanted for rape and assault.

Who do you think are the real terrorists when he is suddenly found dead somewhere? Stop pointing the finger at the middle-east, because the U.S. should be held responsible for their actions.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Troubled Genius

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
Those responsible for the leaks will be dead soon. Accidental, of course.

yep.