Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z & Kanobby (new version with chorus)  (Read 16858 times)

TRG

Re: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:04 AM »
As far as this is concerne, being unfinished and what not. I go back and look at 50's "I Get It In" and the difference between the first leaked version, and then the final product (Beat wise). Hopefully when this is finished, and we hear it. It will dope  8)

We'll just have to wait...... even longer.

B.A.

« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2010, 12:01:33 AM »
If this is the single, when it actually comes out in stores will it come with bonus glow sticks? LOL

This is bullshit! If Dre waited 10 years and felt this was his strongest song then homeboy needs to wait another 10 years and come with some real shit. I was expecting to hear Brittany Spears or Miley Syrus to come in bustin' after Jay-Z, LOL. This track is so bad all I can do is laugh. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad song if it was to come out on a Brittany Spears or Miley Syrus album for example but for it to be on DETOX! Oh hell no, fuck outta here with that! I rather Dre never make another album than to make one full of techno music. But it figures, back when he started he was making dance music with the World Class Wrecking Crew and shit then Eazy stepped in and made him gangster. So if Dre chooses to back to his roots and make techno/dance music and wear lipstick and tight ass sweaters and shit then that's on him, if he wants to go out making garbage and disappoint his long time fans then oh well; it's a damn shame. But seriously, I highly doubt this song or anything like it will be on Detox...so why they choose to leak it? Who knows. And another thing, it doesn't matter if this song isn't finished, missing a hook or not mixed and mastered, the only thing finishing it is going to do is to make it a complete piece of crap. Who cares if the drums bang harder, if the track sounds clearer or if there is a hook in between versus... Dre and Jay-Z Still sound out of place on the track, it's still a bad song for Dre and Jay-Z standards. They need to scrap the vocals and just sell the beat to some pop singer and let them do their thing to it, it'll be a much better song if that's the sort of music you're into. I never, ever, rip something this bad if I don't like it but for me this song is inexcusable...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:03:07 AM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2010, 12:20:04 AM »
I think we all should be expecting something way better than this.

We do, but just because it's not as good as we expected, doesn't automatically make it worse than it actually is lol.

If we all expected a 5/5 & it unfortunatley was a 3/5, that doesn't mean it's a 1/5 for letting us down lol.

Like I said, if this was another artist, it wouldn't get the hate; even though going through the thread, it's getting a fair amount of love & hate.

I mean, if you really feel this way about it, why don't you just give up on Detox & never write about it again? :P

But like I also said before, you know when Dre comes back & says "Oh I got more you, here's a whole album" you're going to run back. You said it yourself, he isn't going to attract the youngsters, he's got his loyal fanbase; so why does he "need" to attract anybody with this when you know you're all going to to running back to him when the album drops anyway?

You know how it works now-a-days, everybody hears the album AT LEAST five times on the internet before they even get the chance to buy it in stores; it doesn't matter what he puts out because you're checking the album everybody's been waiting on regardless & if he "surprises you" after disappointing you here, you're still going to cop it; you won't look back & say "I'm not coppin' because of some street single he put out months ago that isn't even on the album, even though this album is magical" lol.

What makes you think this isn't going to be on the album? Maybe its not a single, but there's no indication this isn't for Detox. Plus I don't recall there being any "street singles" for any of his previous projects. Why would he waste an entire collaboration with Jay-Z on a song that's not going to be released?

And I honestly don't know why you like this or think its even average. This is worse than average. I would rate it a 2/5, and that's being generous because Dre's on it, the instrumental is horrible to me. How can you like this and shit on the songs Game has made? If this was at least a decent song I wouldn't be hating on it as much, but it is far far below my expectations.

Even if this isn't on the album, its still a major disappointment. ANY new song from Dre is supposed to be dope, seeing as how he's been delaying his music for 10 years. This is the song he chooses to leak to gain excitement? How is a weak song supposed to promote his album? Dre isn't supposed to be the kind of artist to leak half ass attempts at techno. And I call it "attempt" because its weaker than the songs from the producers who actually make this kind of music.

The beat is fresh, you just need to expand your musical tastes, I suppose lol.

not to mention...
"I want to set the record straight for everybody who's been waiting to hear my music.  The song that's on the internet is an incomplete song  that I'm still working on.  When it's ready, you'll be hearing it from  me."
- Dr. Dre

http://interscope.com/artist/news/default.aspx?nid=26882&aid=399

I'm sure Dre will come back with this in a few months, add another verse, come up with a hook, tighten the beat up a little bit & maybe not for you, but it should then be enough for it to please the people.

Not to even get into that he likely has people reading what people like us are saying & he'll come back with some shit to turn the haters into supporters.

Too optimistic? Maybe, but what are you going to do? Sit here & complain or take what you got? In the end we're all going to hear Detox, regardless.

Jaydc

« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2010, 12:24:52 AM »
How is the beat fresh?It sounds like a random cheap local artists attempt at making a club song.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2010, 12:26:41 AM »
How is the beat fresh?It sounds like a random cheap local artists attempt at making a club song.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2010, 12:38:11 AM »
The beat is fresh, you just need to expand your musical tastes, I suppose lol.

It's not fresh, it sounds like an amateur made it. The main melody especially is what kills the song. It sounds like something I could come up fooling around on fl studio.

Not to even get into that he likely has people reading what people like us are saying & he'll come back with some shit to turn the haters into supporters.

Too optimistic? Maybe, but what are you going to do? Sit here & complain or take what you got? In the end we're all going to hear Detox, regardless

if sub par is acceptable then what the fuck is the point of waiting for Detox?? If it ain't dope, its not worth listening to.Fan criticism is how artists know what works and what doesn't. How the hell else would they know? Do you think Eminem would be calling his own accent crap if the fans hadn't said so? If Dre has people reading our responses, then even better reason for us to be complaining about it. And better we do it now then after the album drops and has already failed. You defending this and pretending like its good certainly isn't doing anything to help.

Lucifuge

« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2010, 01:01:32 AM »
Not bad.
My Problem is that this new ghostwriting thing.Dre dont sounds like Dre,he sounds like random artist who write it.thats fucked up

He's always had a ghostwriter

i know that.just now Dre sound's wierd. One crack a bottle he sounds like eminem,here he sounds like jigga.thats what im saying :-X
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2010, 01:05:37 AM »
WTF is this?! Stupid uninspired shit and what the hell is that "circus" kinda sound for that comes up all the time? Is Dre trying to tell us that he's a clown?

Dre drops an unfinished song while he told us the last TEN FUCKING YEARS that he doesn't want to let fans here it before it's finished? And now this?! Well, so now I can understand why he didn't want us to hear his stuff. He can't be serious to bring something like this after such a long time and don't even finish it. He has always been contradictory but he definitely stepped his contradiction game up with this one.

Damn, I hope he didn't laced Cube with such a beat for his album.
i'm quite sure it wasn't Dre who leaked the unfinished version.
probably someone from the label
Not bad.
My Problem is that this new ghostwriting thing.Dre dont sounds like Dre,he sounds like random artist who write it.thats fucked up

He's always had a ghostwriter

i know that.just now Dre sound's wierd. One crack a bottle he sounds like eminem,here he sounds like jigga.thats what im saying :-X
well he has also sounded like The D.O.C. in the old days, so...

Lucifuge

« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2010, 01:08:17 AM »
@ From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter

yea but not like these days..thats wack
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2010, 01:18:37 AM »
Stop complaining about the beat; welcome to 2010.
well Dre dropped another one on Eminem's album and that one shits on this.
that's because it has the Dre sound.

Under pressure is Dre trying to fit in.
Stop complaining about the beat; welcome to 2010.

basically

i don't understand if this is meant to mean that music has gotten considerably worse in recent times or that one should accept it because of current trends. neither are valid excuses or considerations.
well put!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:20:48 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2010, 01:20:31 AM »
play these two songs and tell me they aint very, very similar....damn shame

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZBkF7Pf6II&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SZBkF7Pf6II&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFXZRvezoNQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UFXZRvezoNQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #221 on: June 17, 2010, 01:28:30 AM »
IT SUCKS> finished or not. who wants TECHNO- i want RAP or HIP HOP . FUCK A TECHNO SONG!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #222 on: June 17, 2010, 01:32:43 AM »
If this is the single, when it actually comes out in stores will it come with bonus glow sticks? LOL

This is bullshit! If Dre waited 10 years and felt this was his strongest song then homeboy needs to wait another 10 years and come with some real shit. I was expecting to hear Brittany Spears or Miley Syrus to come in bustin' after Jay-Z, LOL. This track is so bad all I can do is laugh. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad song if it was to come out on a Brittany Spears or Miley Syrus album for example but for it to be on DETOX! Oh hell no, fuck outta here with that! I rather Dre never make another album than to make one full of techno music. But it figures, back when he started he was making dance music with the World Class Wrecking Crew and shit then Eazy stepped in and made him gangster. So if Dre chooses to back to his roots and make techno/dance music and wear lipstick and tight ass sweaters and shit then that's on him, if he wants to go out making garbage and disappoint his long time fans then oh well; it's a damn shame. But seriously, I highly doubt this song or anything like it will be on Detox...so why they choose to leak it? Who knows. And another thing, it doesn't matter if this song isn't finished, missing a hook or not mixed and mastered, the only thing finishing it is going to do is to make it a complete piece of crap. Who cares if the drums bang harder, if the track sounds clearer or if there is a hook in between versus... Dre and Jay-Z Still sound out of place on the track, it's still a bad song for Dre and Jay-Z standards. They need to scrap the vocals and just sell the beat to some pop singer and let them do their thing to it, it'll be a much better song if that's the sort of music you're into. I never, ever, rip something this bad if I don't like it but for me this song is inexcusable...

could not have said better! PROPS

stopplaying3

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2010, 02:17:12 AM »
man i rahter listen to my nec and my baccc... ya'll need to be honest no matter how u mix that shit it iz wackkkkkkkkkkk all u WESTCOAST ARTIST BETTER GRAB U NUTS and get ur own cuzzz from tha sound that shit it looks like dr.. gaga iz gangster techno... jimmy better leave dre alone when it comes to music cuzzz making music is  from the heart that is whut made them both rich u dig....

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2010, 02:28:00 AM »
Haha, this is so wack it's ridicoulus. 10 years it took to craft this, yeah Dr. Dre is it the "greatest" hip-hop producer of all time ;)