Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z & Kanobby (new version with chorus)  (Read 16859 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z
« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2010, 09:16:16 AM »
I don't think its bad. Not mind blowing but still good. Interested to see what the finished things like. Some people are just butt heart cause this doesn't sound like G Funk but times are changing and Dre doesnt want to make an album for the 90s.
aren't there more than two options?
like using Dre's 'current' sound for Detox?

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z ***DRE RESPONDS***
« Reply #256 on: June 17, 2010, 09:59:50 AM »
sounds like "trouble" by Jay Z to me. It's not the first time dre is touching that electro/timbo vibe.

There was Higher by game too which was suposed the first official single at the time it dropped, if i remember well. But higher was more innovative in my opinion.

"How we do it over here" by busta and missy was also a pure club track by Dre which ended up being only an album cut.

So its not so much of a change in dre's style. He has been making electro/club tracks like this before. Probably inspired by Timbo's huge success the last years. It's just that dre is not that good for this type of tracks. He can't f***k with a timbaland/danja at this game.
He's better for more laid back club tracks, dark cinematic tracks or innovative out of space crazy stuff (relapse)

remember your own words dre : "slow is better "  !!

The D.O.C and

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #257 on: June 17, 2010, 10:10:52 AM »
The beat is fresh, you just need to expand your musical tastes, I suppose lol.

It's not fresh, it sounds like an amateur made it. The main melody especially is what kills the song. It sounds like something I could come up fooling around on fl studio.

Not to even get into that he likely has people reading what people like us are saying & he'll come back with some shit to turn the haters into supporters.

Too optimistic? Maybe, but what are you going to do? Sit here & complain or take what you got? In the end we're all going to hear Detox, regardless

if sub par is acceptable then what the fuck is the point of waiting for Detox?? If it ain't dope, its not worth listening to.Fan criticism is how artists know what works and what doesn't. How the hell else would they know? Do you think Eminem would be calling his own accent crap if the fans hadn't said so? If Dre has people reading our responses, then even better reason for us to be complaining about it. And better we do it now then after the album drops and has already failed. You defending this and pretending like its good certainly isn't doing anything to help.

First off, it's not even finished; you want to say that he's some "perfectionist", well then why would you doubt him now?

FACE THE FACTS, man. You're just mad that it's not what you expected it to be. Jay-Z comes correct, the beat isn't a "Dre beat", but it's not "terrible"; & again it's unfinished.

& who cares if it's "worth listening to"? You know damn well you're going to listen to it regardless lol. Did you also notice that Eminem put out an entire album with the accent before he realized the fans hated it? So why wouldn't we get Detox the way it looks now?

& calling it an average, 3/5 song is defending it? On what planet? I'm just not hating on it lol.

The sooner you guys realize you only hate the beat because it's not what you wanted from the man, the better.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #258 on: June 17, 2010, 10:12:52 AM »
I didnt look through whole topic so i dont know did they reply. But i wanna see 'Detox is a myth''s and 'It's Wayne Drady Bitch''s opinions, since they was claimin that 'Detox' isnt a real album. I wonder will they be men enought to say they were wrong, or will they make ridicioulus storys, that Dre started making the album when he saw their posts to prove that they're wrong lol..

LMAO!  :D  First of all, homey, don't be lazy.  Go through the thread and read my reaction to this song.  You might be surprised to see what I wrote.  Second of all, this is just another leaked song from Aftermath.  You telling me LeBron James was jamming to an unfinished, unmixed Dre song in Fenway Park last month?  Get out of here!  Either Dre has a finished version that LeBron was listening to and this unfininshed version was intentionally leaked for some reason (and we know what the real reason was), OR LeBron was bumping his head to an unfinished song! LOL if so.  So Dre and Jimmy were hyping up an unfinished song in Fenway last month.  LMAO.  ;D :D

Nothing has changed.  Dre himself has responded and said this is not a real, finished song.  This is just another Internet leak.

BTW, part of the myth of Detox is this idea that Detox is going to put The Chronic to shame -- that it's going to be Dre's crown jewel that everyone remembers him by.  Do you still think that's going to be the case after hearing this?  I LIKE THIS SONG, but c'mon now, in 1992 this wouldn't have even been labelled hip hop music.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Will_B

« Reply #259 on: June 17, 2010, 10:24:08 AM »
Ten pages of people analyzing a 2:29 long, unfinished song. Only Dre could do this. And people wonder why he is a perfectionist and takes forever to put out music. Everybody expects him to match the high standards set by his previous two albums. He has a legacy to protect. This song will be huge once it is mixed right and finished. So will Detox.

+1

jman91331

« Reply #260 on: June 17, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »
Clearly unfinished but I'm not mad at this song at all. Dr. Dre being the perfectionist he is, I know this will be hot in it's finished form. People hated on Crack a Bottle & I Get It In when it leaked in it's unfinished form but once it came out finished mixed and mastered, people sung a different tune. This will be no exception.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2010, 11:05:39 AM »
I didnt look through whole topic so i dont know did they reply. But i wanna see 'Detox is a myth''s and 'It's Wayne Drady Bitch''s opinions, since they was claimin that 'Detox' isnt a real album. I wonder will they be men enought to say they were wrong, or will they make ridicioulus storys, that Dre started making the album when he saw their posts to prove that they're wrong lol..

LMAO!  :D  First of all, homey, don't be lazy.  Go through the thread and read my reaction to this song.  You might be surprised to see what I wrote.  Second of all, this is just another leaked song from Aftermath.  You telling me LeBron James was jamming to an unfinished, unmixed Dre song in Fenway Park last month?  Get out of here!  Either Dre has a finished version that LeBron was listening to and this unfininshed version was intentionally leaked for some reason (and we know what the real reason was), OR LeBron was bumping his head to an unfinished song! LOL if so.  So Dre and Jimmy were hyping up an unfinished song in Fenway last month.  LMAO.  ;D :D

Nothing has changed.  Dre himself has responded and said this is not a real, finished song.  This is just another Internet leak.

BTW, part of the myth of Detox is this idea that Detox is going to put The Chronic to shame -- that it's going to be Dre's crown jewel that everyone remembers him by.  Do you still think that's going to be the case after hearing this?  I LIKE THIS SONG, but c'mon now, in 1992 this wouldn't have even been labelled hip hop music.
yeah well i am lazy lolz.. anywho - the version that we have dont has to be the newest version, i actually dont think it is, the whole situation is weird at all, we dont know actually anything bout that leak, so its hard to tell.. but i highly doubt its the newest version, couse well 1. he wouldnt play unfinished track to Lebron 2. he announced it 2 months ago, what we have is an early draft, that would sound better even after just 1 week, not sayin bout 2 months, so it doesnt make sense

i dont see it as just another leak, its more official now, previous leaks was like ghost written tracks for detox that wasnt really meant for album and this one is/was..

u think too much bout dre bein an evil tactical genius.. hes a human, what u want from him?

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #262 on: June 17, 2010, 11:16:25 AM »
here's a youtube link if anybody wants:

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #263 on: June 17, 2010, 11:19:39 AM »
he wouldnt play unfinished track to Lebron

So then you're saying you think he has a finished version of this track which he gave LeBron.  However, Dre just responded saying this song is unfinished and he's still working on this song.

In other words, you're saying Dre is lying to the fans in his response.  That's sort of what I think -- that Interscope lies to the fans.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

ju1ce13

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »
dont know what to say anymore to all these leaked allegedly detox tracks. all we've been doing all this time is hyping detox so much that when it finally hits it will never reach the expectations we have. fuck it though it's dre and its westcoast so its gonna be dope

Elano

« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2010, 11:27:27 AM »
I aint against dre coming with a club track for his first single, because thats jus how its going to be.

still d.r.e. wasn't a club track,and we are talking about 11 years ago.
why now,at 45 years old,he have to come back with a club single ?

F-cisco

« Reply #266 on: June 17, 2010, 11:28:45 AM »
If techno is the next evolution of hip-hop then we're doomed lol.. Oh well, we will always have the classics... *listens to" Keep Their Heads Ringin"*

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2010, 11:35:50 AM »
he wouldnt play unfinished track to Lebron

So then you're saying you think he has a finished version of this track which he gave LeBron.  However, Dre just responded saying this song is unfinished and he's still working on this song.

In other words, you're saying Dre is lying to the fans in his response.  That's sort of what I think -- that Interscope lies to the fans.

there is a reason why he didnt release it 2 months ago.. and this reason can be dre wantin to change somethin in it.. other way i dont see any logic explanation to this.. including to what you are saying(well..).. but most logic dont have to be most real, the whole thing with this single is strange as shit, i dont know whats in dre's head, i never did

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »
i think lebron had a finished version that dre wasnt satisfied with, probably the ester dean hook. Maybe he thought the hook wasnt good enough. I dont think dre is lying now. He's still working on it, looking for the best hook and mixing.

The D.O.C and

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2010, 12:20:50 PM »
The beat is fresh, you just need to expand your musical tastes, I suppose lol.

It's not fresh, it sounds like an amateur made it. The main melody especially is what kills the song. It sounds like something I could come up fooling around on fl studio.

Not to even get into that he likely has people reading what people like us are saying & he'll come back with some shit to turn the haters into supporters.

Too optimistic? Maybe, but what are you going to do? Sit here & complain or take what you got? In the end we're all going to hear Detox, regardless

if sub par is acceptable then what the fuck is the point of waiting for Detox?? If it ain't dope, its not worth listening to.Fan criticism is how artists know what works and what doesn't. How the hell else would they know? Do you think Eminem would be calling his own accent crap if the fans hadn't said so? If Dre has people reading our responses, then even better reason for us to be complaining about it. And better we do it now then after the album drops and has already failed. You defending this and pretending like its good certainly isn't doing anything to help.

First off, it's not even finished; you want to say that he's some "perfectionist", well then why would you doubt him now?

FACE THE FACTS, man. You're just mad that it's not what you expected it to be. Jay-Z comes correct, the beat isn't a "Dre beat", but it's not "terrible"; & again it's unfinished.

& who cares if it's "worth listening to"? You know damn well you're going to listen to it regardless lol. Did you also notice that Eminem put out an entire album with the accent before he realized the fans hated it? So why wouldn't we get Detox the way it looks now?

& calling it an average, 3/5 song is defending it? On what planet? I'm just not hating on it lol.

The sooner you guys realize you only hate the beat because it's not what you wanted from the man, the better.

Fuck being a Dre beat, This beat isn't worthy of Timbaland or Pharrell. All the other tracks we've heard like Topless shit on this song. How the fuck are you pretending to like this???? It blows my mind. I used to come up with shit like this on FL Studio but I gave it up because I realized it was bad. And as far as it being unfinished, there's only so much mastering and mixing can do. If the main melody is shit the beat is gonna be shit, no matter how much you clean it up. I don't understand how this is even considered good to people. It seriously makes me cringe when I hear it. I know an average song when I hear it and this is far from it. 3/5 for this?? By giving this more than it is due you are undervaluing all the good but not great songs that exist.

Also, you ignored everything I said about criticism (which was based off a comment you made). If everyone was like you then Detox probably would sound like this cause Interscope would assume people liked this shit.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:25:20 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »