Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z & Kanobby (new version with chorus)  (Read 16857 times)

WCoastTillIDie

Re: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z ***DRE RESPONDS***
« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2010, 11:24:24 PM »
technically this is old Dre.  Anyone remember his World Class Wreckin' Cru days?

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »
disappointed, waiting to head the final version though.

skjesp

« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2010, 11:56:02 PM »
What a fuck are u negative heads talking about? This shit bangs, and it aint even finish!!
Stop living in the past and welcome to the future!

Detox baby, it's coming!

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2010, 01:01:55 AM »
What a fuck are u negative heads talking about? This shit bangs, and it aint even finish!!
Stop living in the past and welcome to the future!

Detox baby, it's coming!

no, thats not future.. thats todays mainstream.. i wanted to see dre's future sound, but thats NOT anything like that.. maybe rest of detox will be

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2010, 01:48:27 AM »
Not liking what I'm hearing but if they kept playing it on the radio, I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Fuck this future Dre sound bs. People have their signature sound, this is not the Dre we know & love.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr. Dre - Under Pressure f/ Jay-Z
« Reply #290 on: June 18, 2010, 01:56:13 AM »
The beat is fresh, you just need to expand your musical tastes, I suppose lol.

It's not fresh, it sounds like an amateur made it. The main melody especially is what kills the song. It sounds like something I could come up fooling around on fl studio.

Not to even get into that he likely has people reading what people like us are saying & he'll come back with some shit to turn the haters into supporters.

Too optimistic? Maybe, but what are you going to do? Sit here & complain or take what you got? In the end we're all going to hear Detox, regardless

if sub par is acceptable then what the fuck is the point of waiting for Detox?? If it ain't dope, its not worth listening to.Fan criticism is how artists know what works and what doesn't. How the hell else would they know? Do you think Eminem would be calling his own accent crap if the fans hadn't said so? If Dre has people reading our responses, then even better reason for us to be complaining about it. And better we do it now then after the album drops and has already failed. You defending this and pretending like its good certainly isn't doing anything to help.

First off, it's not even finished; you want to say that he's some "perfectionist", well then why would you doubt him now?

FACE THE FACTS, man. You're just mad that it's not what you expected it to be. Jay-Z comes correct, the beat isn't a "Dre beat", but it's not "terrible"; & again it's unfinished.

& who cares if it's "worth listening to"? You know damn well you're going to listen to it regardless lol. Did you also notice that Eminem put out an entire album with the accent before he realized the fans hated it? So why wouldn't we get Detox the way it looks now?

& calling it an average, 3/5 song is defending it? On what planet? I'm just not hating on it lol.

The sooner you guys realize you only hate the beat because it's not what you wanted from the man, the better.

Fuck being a Dre beat, This beat isn't worthy of Timbaland or Pharrell. All the other tracks we've heard like Topless shit on this song. How the fuck are you pretending to like this???? It blows my mind. I used to come up with shit like this on FL Studio but I gave it up because I realized it was bad. And as far as it being unfinished, there's only so much mastering and mixing can do. If the main melody is shit the beat is gonna be shit, no matter how much you clean it up. I don't understand how this is even considered good to people. It seriously makes me cringe when I hear it. I know an average song when I hear it and this is far from it. 3/5 for this?? By giving this more than it is due you are undervaluing all the good but not great songs that exist.

Also, you ignored everything I said about criticism (which was based off a comment you made). If everyone was like you then Detox probably would sound like this cause Interscope would assume people liked this shit.

You keep talking about your fruity loop beats that are sicker than this one, show us a couple then, my bet is your up to fuck all

Balk

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2010, 01:59:06 AM »
hahahha this is fuckin wack, how can u be a west coast fan and still listen to this pop rap wack shit?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2010, 02:04:59 AM »

It's not fresh, it sounds like an amateur made it. The main melody especially is what kills the song. It sounds like something I could come up fooling around on fl studio.

Not to even get into that he likely has people reading what people like us are saying & he'll come back with some shit to turn the haters into supporters.

Too optimistic? Maybe, but what are you going to do? Sit here & complain or take what you got? In the end we're all going to hear Detox, regardless

if sub par is acceptable then what the fuck is the point of waiting for Detox?? If it ain't dope, its not worth listening to.Fan criticism is how artists know what works and what doesn't. How the hell else would they know? Do you think Eminem would be calling his own accent crap if the fans hadn't said so? If Dre has people reading our responses, then even better reason for us to be complaining about it. And better we do it now then after the album drops and has already failed. You defending this and pretending like its good certainly isn't doing anything to help.

First off, it's not even finished; you want to say that he's some "perfectionist", well then why would you doubt him now?

FACE THE FACTS, man. You're just mad that it's not what you expected it to be. Jay-Z comes correct, the beat isn't a "Dre beat", but it's not "terrible"; & again it's unfinished.

& who cares if it's "worth listening to"? You know damn well you're going to listen to it regardless lol. Did you also notice that Eminem put out an entire album with the accent before he realized the fans hated it? So why wouldn't we get Detox the way it looks now?

& calling it an average, 3/5 song is defending it? On what planet? I'm just not hating on it lol.

The sooner you guys realize you only hate the beat because it's not what you wanted from the man, the better.

Fuck being a Dre beat, This beat isn't worthy of Timbaland or Pharrell. All the other tracks we've heard like Topless shit on this song. How the fuck are you pretending to like this???? It blows my mind. I used to come up with shit like this on FL Studio but I gave it up because I realized it was bad. And as far as it being unfinished, there's only so much mastering and mixing can do. If the main melody is shit the beat is gonna be shit, no matter how much you clean it up. I don't understand how this is even considered good to people. It seriously makes me cringe when I hear it. I know an average song when I hear it and this is far from it. 3/5 for this?? By giving this more than it is due you are undervaluing all the good but not great songs that exist.

Also, you ignored everything I said about criticism (which was based off a comment you made). If everyone was like you then Detox probably would sound like this cause Interscope would assume people liked this shit.

You keep talking about your fruity loop beats that are sicker than this one, show us a couple then, my bet is your up to fuck all

I deleted that shit and gave up on producing cause I knew they were wack. Go and listen to the amateurs on youtube putting up fake Dre beats. They sound better than this.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2010, 02:17:33 AM »

I deleted that shit and gave up on producing cause I knew they were wack. Go and listen to the amateurs on youtube putting up fake Dre beats. They sound better than this.
hell no, maybe ppl can make a better melody, but melody is just a part, dre got everything other.. thats why hes so good with storch, couse storch can actually make a good sound, and dre can polish it better than any1 else

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2010, 02:51:14 AM »
And the Dre dickriding lives on...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2010, 02:57:43 AM »

hell no, maybe ppl can make a better melody, but melody is just a part, dre got everything other.. thats why hes so good with storch, couse storch can actually make a good sound, and dre can polish it better than any1 else

Clean out your ears. Dre is capable of making great music. This ain't it. This is amateur shit. If a no-name came out with this beat you would be calling it trash. Stop making excuses for Dre.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2010, 06:08:34 AM »

tagged for now

http://dubcnn.com/media/audio/drdre-underpressure/

<a href="http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2010/june/dr_dre_(ft_jay_z)-under_pressure-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=drdre-player.jpg&amp;auto=1? quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? width=?323? height=?180?" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2010/june/dr_dre_(ft_jay_z)-under_pressure-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=drdre-player.jpg&amp;auto=1? quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? width=?323? height=?180?</a>
This song sucks.plusthat it aint finished cry is very old now dre...hell i got beats 10xbetter than this pile of shit.and i fucks with dre but this?!!? ???

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2010, 06:13:54 AM »
j arrive pas a croire que Dr Dre nous ai fait un beat aussi pourri que ça c'est possible! En 2010 on nous sert vraiment de la merde et tout le monde trouve ça bien!!!
Wii! :laugh:

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2010, 06:26:02 AM »
compare this to songs like this one

you cant be happy

i vastly prefer lady gaga feat. beyonce - telephone over this and i'm not kidding
i agree..Dre should just stick with producing them hiphop bangers.....i really think he way over his head this time..get mel-man,daz,soopafly back in the mix,and u got a winner..the people will follow then.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2010, 06:38:53 AM »
Clean out your ears. Dre is capable of making great music. This ain't it. This is amateur shit. If a no-name came out with this beat you would be calling it trash. Stop making excuses for Dre.

stop making blind arguments.. i said dre can do best mix/master and the rest - but we got unfinished version so i cant rate the mixing and all that, thats why this track sound like shit.. all we can hear is overall melody, which dre can't do (thats exactly what i said in previous post).. so what are you talkin bout?