Author Topic: Alright, let's do this: Revolutions Per Minute Vs. Recovery  (Read 1083 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Ayo Before I start this post man, I just want to thank everybody for being so patient, and baring with me over these last couple of threads

Lyrically:  Just to want to apologize to Talib for even making this comparison.  Talib doesn't need the gimmick yell to give his tracks meaning.  He uses something called flow and lyrics with actual meaning.  EM does come nice on two or three tracks but even so they become tiring and almost a struggle to listen.

Production:  Hi-tek >>>> any producer on Recovery...........except Dre.  It's about well used and placed samples and proper mixing and overall construction of a beat.  The problem with Recovery is that the beats are trying very hard to be something there not, dope.  Is it just me or Recovery not seem like it was mixed right?  Why does only So Bad bang properly with the volume up?

Overall:  Talib is better MC, Hi-tek is a more talented producer then anyone on Recovery, but at the end of the day you DLed RPM and will buy Recovery, so who cares.....
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Alright, let's do this: Revolutions Per Minute Vs. Recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 03:45:20 PM »
LOL, you sound pretty one-sided there.

seems like you did some real deep thinking when making your decision.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »
they are both growers. They both have dope producers, but both of them are kinda soft on the beats except for a couple songs on each. Lyrics are both equally as tight, em might be more entertaining and easier to pick up on, but talib always comes correct.

Hmm tough decision im not really sure.

Top 3 tracks from RPM: Strangers, Ballad of Black Gold, Long hot summer

Top 3 tracks from Recovery: Cold Wind Blows, Not Afraid, So bad.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 04:01:33 PM »
Production: Why does only So Bad bang properly with the volume up?

Buy it off iTunes, the tracks will bang especially W.T.P. - the mixing isn't as good as Dre's mixing but it's pretty decent.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 04:46:27 PM »
I found both albums to not catch my attention immediately.  Of the two, I enjoyed several tracks off Revolutions Per Minute quicker than I did Recovery. 

In general I had a hard problem sticking with either album.  I got bored quickly and was not impressed, which is to say I was not wowed, by the production on either album.  I've heard material from all the producers that I prefer over their current work. 

I was disappointed by Eminem because I had expectations of a more solid boom-bap album.  I did not expect the guest choruses, his vocal delivery, and it's content, which I found to be hir or miss.

Where as with Talib I got bored because he didn't sound passionate.   

Both albums had plenty of filler and lost me about several tracks in.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »

which album was better, iyo?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 05:02:46 PM »
So Bad was kinda corny (as was Recovery) and i dont even wanna Talib flow

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »
RPM is overrated as hell. Just because it's Hi-Tek and Kweli all the hip-hop elitist are on their dick, when in fact Talib sounded lazy most of the time and Hi-Tek's beats were dull and mellow. And before anybody says anything, I love their first cd.

Now Nas and Damian, they delivered.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 05:13:18 PM »
RPM is overrated as hell. Just because it's Hi-Tek and Kweli all the hip-hop elitist are on their dick, when in fact Talib sounded lazy most of the time and Hi-Tek's beats were dull and mellow. And before anybody says anything, I love their first cd.

Now Nas and Damian, they delivered.

LOL @ elitists.  You say Talib sounds lazy?  No he's matured as an MC, he's realized it's about how you say the words not how loud you say them, you feel me?  Hi-teks beats are dull and mellow?  Seeing how you are Timbaland groupie, let's just say an album like this wasn't meant for you, but I think you would prefer something like this
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 05:27:30 PM »
Lol I've been saying for a while now that Timbaland is wack without Danja. And you also know I'm a huge Hi-Tek fan so I don't know why you're being ignorant. His beats were just meh, I expected beats like Ballad Of A Black Gold. Or how about The Blast, Too Late, Down For The Count, Eternalists, Good Mourning... I forgot some others I'm sure. This new shit was just making me fall asleep.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »

I can't judge, I haven't heard Revolutions Per Minute; but the thread starter (who has been in other Recovery threads shitting on the album) seemed like he had a plan coming into the thread that he loved one & hated the other.

He might as well have said, Illmatic or Recovery lol.

Look, Meho said the album was overrated & he laughed like it was an absurd comment while he's also quoted saying Recovery sucks ass; this thread is like all his other ones, to bash an artist or album.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »
damn meho goin off...haha
ima check the talib album out but it was nuthin special from most of what i heard...  i was lookin for more of Move Somethin' type ishhh

Lol I've been saying for a while now that Timbaland is wack without Danja. And you also know I'm a huge Hi-Tek fan so I don't know why you're being ignorant. His beats were just meh, I expected beats like Ballad Of A Black Gold. Or how about The Blast, Too Late, Down For The Count, Eternalists, Good Mourning... I forgot some others I'm sure. This new shit was just making me fall asleep.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »

indeed

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »

I can't judge, I haven't heard Revolutions Per Minute; but the thread starter (who has been in other Recovery threads shitting on the album) seemed like he had a plan coming into the thread that he loved one & hated the other.

He might as well have said, Illmatic or Recovery lol.

Look, Meho said the album was overrated & he laughed like it was an absurd comment while he's also quoted saying Recovery sucks ass; this thread is like all his other ones, to bash an artist or album.

lol, you haven't even heard the album. See what I mean about defending your rappers no matter what? This wasn't a "Recovery sucks" thread. it was a vs thread against an album you didn't listen to and you still gotta say something.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:19:01 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 06:36:18 PM »
the ballad of blacc gold is classic but the album as a whole is mad boring,he spit'n that networth but the production is just dragging along, hi tek is nice,but sometimes equals shit just don't hit me, both albums against each other, i like revolutions topics more but overall i have to give it to recovery, tho i think fans of both artist will be bias towards they favorite, and who cares if it's a big producer or not it's all about a album being knot, i thought pac proved that with the mak album years bacc but i guess not,winner recovery yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp