Author Topic: Stat Quo - Statlanta  (Read 1275 times)

Iowa1

Stat Quo - Statlanta
« on: July 07, 2010, 05:21:25 PM »
What are everyone's thoughts on the project?  For those that don't know, you can listen to all the tracks via his myspace.  I have yet to find a link for the lp but listening to the tracks - he has heat - straight quality.

Tha Crip

Re: Stat Quo - Statlanta
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 05:24:44 PM »
Same here, i checked it out, its hot. That track with devin has a BANGIN beat  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
Shot for the heades up gonna have to look into this

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 06:13:23 PM »
It's what I expected which was dope.  It delivered but did not wow me.  Based on some of the lyrics he sounds like he's cooking up heat for his next album. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 06:17:39 PM »
That "Lie To You" is dope, good music. The beginning goes hard
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:22:45 PM by dubsmith_nz »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 07:36:28 PM »
"Spaceship" IS STRAIGHT HEROIN.  I want my folks to play that at my funeral.

Iowa1

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 07:48:24 PM »
Actually good to see positive comments concerning Stat.  I know he wont do large #s but this huge.  This is quality music & will be puchased on Tuesday.  In the meantime I am on the prowl for the hookup.  He has come along way since his Underground Atlanta series.  I STILL jam part 3 and 4 on the regular.  That was right when he got picked up by Afermath/Shady.  Damn, that seems like forever ago.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:04 PM »
Actually good to see positive comments concerning Stat.  I know he wont do large #s but this huge.  This is quality music & will be puchased on Tuesday.  In the meantime I am on the prowl for the hookup.  He has come along way since his Underground Atlanta series.  I STILL jam part 3 and 4 on the regular.  That was right when he got picked up by Afermath/Shady.  Damn, that seems like forever ago.

For real, was expecting huge things to pop off for him, especially after hearing "The Future"

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 09:52:28 PM »
Haven't heard it, I'm sure it's good (I will check it out soon) so excuse my arrogant comment but it's sad to see this album finally released probably 100% changed from the way it was originally supposed to be released. I want to hear the Dre tracks, Eminem, G-Unit, Scarface and any other big artist he recorded with.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 10:00:14 PM »
Haven't heard it, I'm sure it's good (I will check it out soon) so excuse my arrogant comment but it's sad to see this album finally released probably 100% changed from the way it was originally supposed to be released. I want to hear the Dre tracks, Eminem, G-Unit, Scarface and any other big artist he recorded with.

He done recorded the album 5 or 6 times.  You're talking about probably a 50 to a hundred or so tracks.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 07:26:27 AM »
Yeah i havent heard this but i know fasure stat aint the dope rapper he once was when he first dropped...he was makin bangers fareal and hasnt made em since...ima check this out and c what up...stat on his old/og flow>>>cashis
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »

5 really good songs on his myspace thanks

Invincible

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 10:46:44 AM »
Yeah i havent heard this but i know fasure stat aint the dope rapper he once was when he first dropped...he was makin bangers fareal and hasnt made em since...ima check this out and c what up...stat on his old/og flow>>>cashis

He's a better rapper now than he was on Shady/Aftermath.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 10:57:21 AM »
2 each is own and all but i was listenin 2 him years back when he was hungry and fierce and he hasnt been nowhere near that level...he was spittin back then and i think at one time the future was a detox song which he spit dangerously on
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Iowa1

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 12:31:35 PM »
I agree, he did sound much hungrier back when he first got signed BUT his subject matter at that time was typical (cars, bling, etc.).  Since he's left the label his subject matter and flow seems less pushed and is more liquid (fluid).  Like I said, I have enjoyed most everything he has put out.  Has anyone heard anything more on the possible 100% produced Toomp album that he was talking about on 1 of his last mixtapes?  AND if anyone can hook me up in the PM arena with a link I would appreciate that immensely.