Author Topic: Curren$y - Pilot Talk Discussion Thread  (Read 560 times)

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Curren$y - Pilot Talk Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »
Pretty good album after first listen. A couple of skippable tracks. Audio Dope II and Prioritize are ill. 8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 11:03:23 PM »
this album is better then ross drake and ems albums.

ski beats is ILL

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 11:44:26 PM »
this album is better then ross drake and ems albums.

ski beats is ILL

co-sign this statement to the fullest

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 02:28:37 PM »
props to you my dude.

westside159

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 08:12:48 PM »
havent heard much of him, worth a listen?

what ?   never heard Address , King Kong , in the scope ?

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 03:33:48 AM »
havent heard much of him, worth a listen?

what ?   never heard Address , King Kong , in the scope ?

i may have some of his tracks on my comp, cos i got shit everywhere, but nothing which obviously really grabbed me...im about to check out this tho, see what the hype is about  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 09:07:03 PM »
my ears r havin' an orgasm from these beats.  this album is nice  8)

Curren$y always had a talent for pickin out beats and is always nice on the mic, gotta luv it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:08:40 PM by THE STOP BITCHING CAMPAIGN {est. 2010} »

Blood$

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 12:37:44 PM »
my review after multiple listens this past week

1. Example - 4/5, solid opener for the album
2. Audio Dope II - 5/5, maybe my favorite off the album and its better than part 1 by far which was still dope, beat and lyrics here are  :o
3. King Kong - 4.5/5, catchy hook here, Spitta's flow was nice and laid back on this one, cool beat too
4. Seat Change ft. Snoop Dogg - 4/5, good collabo between these two that I didn't see coming, the hook is some real shit... smooth, mellow track
5. Breakfast - 4/5, another chill ass beat that Curren$y flows well over
6. Roasted ft. Trademark and Young Roddy - 5/5, ill beat, catchy hook that is actually lyrical, and everybody rips it... nuff said, a smoke anthem for the summer
7. Skybourne ft. Big K.R.I.T. & Smoke DZA - 4/5, lovin' this beat... nice hook by Big Krit and good verses by Curren$y and Smoke DZA
8. The Hangover ft. Mikey Rocks - 4/5, different vibe on here, more of a party type track but it's still smooth and laid back, another very catchy hook as well... this could have single potential
9. The Day ft. Mos Def & Jay Electronica - 4/5, Curren$y murdered his verse and so did Jay Electronica without outshining him, Mos Def did decent on the hook
10. Prioritize ft. Nesby Phips - 4/5, very good lyrics on here and the song has a message, another dope beat too
11. Chilled Coughphee ft. Devin the Dude - 5/5, typical weed track to be expected... Devin's verse was solid and Curren$y still held his own and they had a good chemistry, funky beat... love this track
12. Address ft. Stalley - 4.5/5, the beat sounds Kanye-ish which is a good thing, Curren$y killed it and the guest verse was solid
13. Life Under The Scope - 4/5, off his previous mixtape but always fucked with this song, good way to close out the album

4.5/5 album, every track is a solid 4/5 with none being even average, and when I bumped this a few times I honestly just let it play out without even skipping a track, few albums if none this year I could do that with... overall, Curren$y really found himself as an artist and this is his best work IMO

I still need to get out to FYE to cop this

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 02:36:54 PM »
Gave this album a listen and the beats are dope/smooth but this dude does absolutely nothing for me. Sounds like I'm the minority but it's my honest opinion. His voice/flow sounds somewhat lazy to me. Kinda' boring. The best tracks are Seat Change, Skybourne, The Day & Chilled Coughpee
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:42:49 PM by Lunatic »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 10:27:23 PM »
Gave this album a listen and the beats are dope/smooth but this dude does absolutely nothing for me. Sounds like I'm the minority but it's my honest opinion. His voice/flow sounds somewhat lazy to me. Kinda' boring. The best tracks are Seat Change, Skybourne, The Day & Chilled Coughpee

That's how I feel.  A lot of cats tell me you got to get high to enjoy duke.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 12:05:30 AM »

That's how I feel.  A lot of cats tell me you got to get high to enjoy duke.

that is a fair statement lol although I could enjoy this album whenever  8)