Author Topic: Mobb Deep - Murda Mix ("Mixtape")  (Read 578 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mobb Deep - Murda Mix ("Mixtape")
« on: December 13, 2002, 06:04:47 AM »
Mobb Deep
Murda Mixtape: Free Agents
Landspeed Records
April 22, 2003

Since the collapse of Loud and their subsequent departure from parent label Sony, Mobb Deep have been free agents for some time now. For the past month or so, rumors have been flying that the duo were headed to Shady Records/Aftermath. That rumor can safely be put to rest.

Mobb Deep is now the newest member of the ever growing Landspeed Records. They join an impressive roster boasting the likes of The Beatnuts, Non-Phixion, Cormega and 7L & Esoteric. Landspeed is not wasting any time with Havoc and Prodigy either.

February 11th is release date for Mobb’s sixth LP, “Murda Mix.” There is no word yet as to who produces and guest appears on the album. You can bet that they will be looking to achieve the platinum success that has alluded them for their entire careers.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.1406

That last statement doesn't make sense to me.  I'm sure they went platinum with Murda Muzik.  
Doesn't matter, new Mobb on the way kids.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2003, 05:15:49 PM by C2Knuckles »

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
Re:Mobb Deep - Murda Mix
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 07:25:03 AM »
You can bet that they will be looking to achieve the platinum success that has alluded them for their entire careers.

LOL, they got some high ambitions. Are Mobb Deep gonna go platinum on an independent label?  ;D Never...

Anyway, I'll be looking out for this, hoping it will be better than their last album, the mediocre "Infamy".

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Mobb Deep - Murda Mix
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 01:16:31 PM »
Mobb Deep Not Signed To Landspeed:

By Nolan Strong
Date: 12/16/2002 3:45 PM

Contrary to published reports, Mobb Deep has not signed to Landspeed, but the Boston based indie will distribute a new project, titled Free Agents: The Mix Tape.

"You'll get somebody like Landspeed saying that 'we just signed Mobb Deep,'" Havok told AllHipHop.com. "It will go down the chain and then we signed to Landspeed."

"The whole situation with that was, we was planning to put it out on mixtape so we was like, 'Let's put it out on mixtape' and get a lil independent distributor or whatever," Havok told AllHipHop.com.

"Somebody said, 'Get Landspeed to do it,' So we said, 'F**k it.' Put the mixtape out through Landspeed. No big deal."

Havok said that the Free Agents mixtape would feature some new songs, but most of it is remixes of their older material with freestyles over it.

"I would never sign to Landspeed. Not to discredit them or nothing like that, but we are too big a group to sign to Landspeed. I'm not stupid."

Free Agents: The Mix Tape is scheduled for release in Feb. 2003.