Author Topic: man this cat just told me jadakiss is better than crooked i!! wow  (Read 2072 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: man this cat just told me jadakiss is better than crooked i!! wow
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2010, 08:25:01 PM »
The reason I put more effort into listening to it was because 2Pac is a better artist than Crooked I, and I put more thought listening to 2Pac because of that. Crooked I's not a lyricist either. They are both just rappers.

You still haven't explained what you believe a lyricist is, nor named any examples. 2Pac, Ice Cube, Chuck D, names like these are considered some of the finest lyricists in hip hop.

2Pac has emotion and flow in his delivery, if he didn't have that - you wouldn't think of him being a lyricist.

True, but that would be the same case for any rapper. It's called being a "lyricist" because its someone who makes music. If they don't have at least basic flow or delivery it wouldn't be worth listening to. Also you seem to be downplaying the creativity in 2Pac's lyrics. Before him there wasn't really anyone else getting as deeply personal with the music.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2010, 11:38:04 PM »
The reason I put more effort into listening to it was because 2Pac is a better artist than Crooked I, and I put more thought listening to 2Pac because of that. Crooked I's not a lyricist either. They are both just rappers.

You still haven't explained what you believe a lyricist is, nor named any examples. 2Pac, Ice Cube, Chuck D, names like these are considered some of the finest lyricists in hip hop.

Nas is a lyricist, Immortal Technique is a lyricist, Joe Budden is a lyricist, those are lyricists. Why? Great word play, great lyrics.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2010, 11:23:03 AM »

Nas is a lyricist, Immortal Technique is a lyricist, Joe Budden is a lyricist, those are lyricists. Why? Great word play, great lyrics.

Budden and not Pac? Lol. Budden lyrics aren't any harder to understand than Pac. You fail.

Immortal Technique only requires more thought because he references political events and situations that his main fanbase (white boys from suburbia) are not familiar with. It's a case of knowledge, not being harder to get. One of his most lyrical songs, Dance With the Devil, is actually quite easy to understand. It's the storytelling and compelling emotions it provokes (along with the shock ending) that make it such a lyrical masterpiece.

Nas's style revolves around half-formed thoughts and imagery. Imagine him using that style to make a Dear Mama song or a Keep Your Head Up song. You would come away from those songs not knowing if he loves his mama or what message he's telling women. Those are examples where he'd be a worse lyricist, not better.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2010, 12:38:10 PM »
When Pac has a song like "Exxxes" come see me lol.

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2010, 06:12:28 PM »
Jada>>>Crook
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »
Crooked doin 52 3 minute freestyles is dope and better than jada and nat cuz of what he says on some of the dopest beats and even makes wack songs dope...imo same cant b said bout jada and even nat doin a 8 hour freestyle...crooked leaves u shook and leanin 2 tha side....he gets hatred on another level cuz he dont have a album...but like i said everyone would find somethin or someway 2 hate on him
crooked ain't leave me like that on all those, and see that's the thing you are going off what "YOU" feel,and not on legit comparison, a simple match up proves jada takes it, i mean jayz got like 12 albums big got 2,but big was better, hell jay still quote'n from those two albums, some of hov's best songs should be co-credited like a dr dre production hahaha,but on some networth shit ancient just put those two up against one another and who wins? i mean crooked did 52 weeks of nice rhyming and still couldn't get a album out after that, it's the same as papoose all that rhyming means nothing if you are not making your "own" creative material that even your own fans go crazy over, i mean he had weapon face pig waist or whatever it was called,i don't hear his fans quoted that,i don't even hear of it spoke of as a slept on classic ep, shit came out after his 52 weeks yet when people mention crooked they skip over that like it didn't happen and just talk 52 weeks, and then you got to look at it from this point,those classic songs he rip'd muthafuccas still think of the original's more then crooked, it's about IMPACT! yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2010, 06:39:41 PM »
When Pac has a song like "Exxxes" come see me lol.

What happened to you Cham, you disappeared for a minute. Did you give up on thinking Crooked I is a better lyricist than Pac?

That was a bad song choice to use. It's actually one of the weaker attempts at a metaphorical song that I've heard. Supposedly he's talking about his depression but his lyrics are all over the place and he doesn't make a legitimate comparison where you would see the similarities. Pac's Me and My Girlfriend was a much more effective song at using a woman as a metaphor.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2010, 06:45:40 PM »
What do you want me to say? You're not going to convince me Pac was one of the great lyricists & I'm not going to convince you Crooked I is good at anything; it's pointless argument.

I suppose "In My Sleep" is the better Budden song to use anyway; but shit, I love "Exxxes" lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2010, 06:58:06 PM »
What do you want me to say? You're not going to convince me Pac was one of the great lyricists & I'm not going to convince you Crooked I is good at anything; it's pointless argument.

I suppose "In My Sleep" is the better Budden song to use anyway; but shit, I love "Exxxes" lol.

Pac's already regarded as one of the great lyricists in hip hop, so I don't really have to convince anyone in that regard. You're the one who came out saying Crooked I was a better lyricist for shock value. For one, I linked you to the definition of lyrical and there was nothing there about something having more punchlines or being "harder to get". And secondly, even with your analogy, Crooked I's rhymes are as straight forward as Pac's. I listen to a lot of Crooked I but I haven't heard everything so maybe I missed something. Where are all these examples of Crooked I spitting complicated rhymes that are hard to get?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2010, 07:18:24 PM »

Budden and not Pac? Lol. Budden lyrics aren't any harder to understand than Pac. You fail.

Immortal Technique only requires more thought because he references political events and situations that his main fanbase (white boys from suburbia) are not familiar with. It's a case of knowledge, not being harder to get. One of his most lyrical songs, Dance With the Devil, is actually quite easy to understand. It's the storytelling and compelling emotions it provokes (along with the shock ending) that make it such a lyrical masterpiece.

Nas's style revolves around half-formed thoughts and imagery. Imagine him using that style to make a Dear Mama song or a Keep Your Head Up song. You would come away from those songs not knowing if he loves his mama or what message he's telling women. Those are examples where he'd be a worse lyricist, not better.

Since you can't take an argument and you must always have the need to feel you're right because this is my opinion not an argument of right or wrong. So, Mr. Thread Killah which you so totally are, I only have this to say...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dmuIY4IZaNE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dmuIY4IZaNE</a>

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2010, 07:21:40 PM »
And thread killah wins the debate ;D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2010, 07:22:04 PM »
You post a definition of lyrical? That's your big thing? Pac isn't regarded as one of the great lyricists, as Tanner said; he's regarded as the greatest rapper.

But the Yankees are the greatest Baseball team ever, but that doesn't automatically mean they are the best in every aspect of the game. They don't have the greatest pitching, but they are still the greatest overall. Same goes for Pac. He isn't the greatest lyrically, but he's still the greatest.

I didn't say it for shock value, I said it because you OBVIOUSLY overrate Pac in terms of lyrics lmfao.

Word play is what makes Crooked lyrical; I don't feel like posting every Hip Hop Weekly for you, so you can Youtube what you like.

It's not that Crooked I leaves you re-checking the song to figure out the true meaning; but it's more to think about.

I forget the song but Crooked I, ironically enough said "We don't just rhyme words, we did that in kindergarten", where Pac, like Tanner said, just spat what he saw. "I see no changes, all I see is racist faces."; that's just absurdly straight forward lol. Maybe Crooked I isn't as deep, but that doesn't mean he isn't more lyrical with the word play.

So like I said, you're not going to convince me Pac was the greatest lyricist & I consider Pac the GOAT & I'm not going to convince you that Crooked I is worthy of winning an argument he's in lmfao.

I also don't think Crooked is the greatest lyricst either, but he's more a lyricist than Pac in my eyes. I mean, you're SO fond of thinking Crooked's lack of albums & lack of "deep song" automatically makes him wack everywhere, but you're not convincing me with a little definition & I'm obviously not conving you past your obsession with Crooked lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2010, 07:24:58 PM »
You post a definition of lyrical? That's your big thing? Pac isn't regarded as one of the great lyricists, as Tanner said; he's regarded as the greatest rapper.

But the Yankees are the greatest Baseball team ever, but that doesn't automatically mean they are the best in every aspect of the game. They don't have the greatest pitching, but they are still the greatest overall. Same goes for Pac. He isn't the greatest lyrically, but he's still the greatest.

I didn't say it for shock value, I said it because you OBVIOUSLY overrate Pac in terms of lyrics lmfao.

Word play is what makes Crooked lyrical; I don't feel like posting every Hip Hop Weekly for you, so you can Youtube what you like.

It's not that Crooked I leaves you re-checking the song to figure out the true meaning; but it's more to think about.

I forget the song but Crooked I, ironically enough said "We don't just rhyme words, we did that in kindergarten", where Pac, like Tanner said, just spat what he saw. "I see no changes, all I see is racist faces."; that's just absurdly straight forward lol. Maybe Crooked I isn't as deep, but that doesn't mean he isn't more lyrical with the word play.

So like I said, you're not going to convince me Pac was the greatest lyricist & I consider Pac the GOAT & I'm not going to convince you that Crooked I is worthy of winning an argument he's in lmfao.

I also don't think Crooked is the greatest lyricst either, but he's more a lyricist than Pac in my eyes. I mean, you're SO fond of thinking Crooked's lack of albums & lack of "deep song" automatically makes him wack everywhere, but you're not convincing me with a little definition & I'm obviously not conving you past your obsession with Crooked lol.

okay, so can you give me just one example of a Crooked I song that isn't straightforward, since Pac's to-the-point nature is why you think he isn't a great lyricist? I swear I can't think of one. Also, when have I called him wack? You can't honestly be mad that I don't think he's as great as a rapper everyone calls the goat?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »
I don't think he's near as good a rapper as Tupac myself, but he's a better lyricist to me.

& like I said, there are 52 examples on Youtube.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »
i just got to ask who is the everybody that says pac is the goat? i hope yall don't mean of hip hop? yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp