Author Topic: Looking for a Good Rapper  (Read 270 times)

ROCCY

Re:Looking for a Good Rapper
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2002, 10:37:49 AM »
word thanks people, i do freeestlye all the time , i didit with this one cat on aim and he told me i had good rhymes in my freestyles, but i gotta work on my rhytm.

//:in-DIJI-nouz..

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2002, 07:42:50 PM »
judged on what i've heard from you I would have to agree... work on your rhythm, as long as you can write, everything else will kinda fall into place. You can practice getting rhythm by clapping your hands as you rap your verses really slowly. Or open up Fruityloops, just open up a channel for the kick and a channel for the snare so you can make a basic beat (kick every 8 steps starting on the first step and snare on every 8 steps starting on the 5th  step). Only, instead of putting the tempo at like 90-100 (average hip hop bpm) put it maybe at like 70 or even slower if you have to. Then try flowing to that, that way you can hear everything your doing and it'll be more obvious to your ear when you go off beat. Then eventually just make it faster and faster. Does this make sense? if not I'll explain.

ROCCY

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2002, 08:31:26 PM »
phiasko that makes perfect sense, thanks for the help, i dont have fruity loops no more, but i got this little dumb keyboard i can have play a beat automaticly same shit..thanks though man..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 08:32:43 PM by Ro>>y »

KonSICKwence

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • STRAIGHT PIMP... what else is there to say?
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2002, 03:42:35 PM »
rocc FUCK STUDYING other rappers cuz all you will do is emulate shit

come original appreciate them for what they do and pay them respect by nto trying to steal there stee create your own style.

thats what i try to do is create my own style of how i flow delivery rhymes pattern beats.

try to keep it fresh and orignal ...knowone wants to hear teh same shit over and over.

so like i told you a while back FREESTYLE atleast an hour a day alwayz have a rhyme in yoru head

riding a beat al you got to do is listen to the harmony of the melody and the drums and try to have your voice go alogn withit.

when i first started out i sued to try to kram a complete bar or rhyme before the snare hit FUCK THAT your gonan soudn dumb as fuck. all you gotta do to ride a beat is lsiten to it for like 30 secodns befor eyou record get your ehad bobbin back and forth wiht the rythymn (dont create false rythymn ..clear your mind)
then prepare for warfare its liek abattle your boxin wiht the beat  beat the shit out of it. its your bitch.

take my advice and practice  producing and rapping is like anything else. it takes mad amounts of discipline you have to want to elevate enuff you have to see yourself elevating have slef confidence in yoruself or your shit will come off whakc.

FCK what everyone else says about you and your work cuz with enuff practice discipline and desire ANYONE has the potential to rock a mic.

pz

Konsequence
TEXT KonSICKwence's Ineffable Productionz... http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=24092 ..thanx..pz  .[/glow]

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i rarely smoke... but i love mickey d's
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2002, 10:04:26 AM »
wise words Kons.
ay roccy, I used to avoid freestylin cuz I sucked so bad, I wasnt capable of spittin 2 lines without fuckin somethin up in em. so I stuck to writin n recording, but when I recorded I noticed I get off flow and I wasnt feelin the shit. then I was out one night, heard this dude freestyle in front of me, he asked me to spit, I refused but he made me anyway and told me fuck it. so I did it, still sucked compared to him but I was flowin pretty well for a minute straight. ever since then I fell in love with it, I still practise everyday to improve on it. I mean jus keep spittin, when you walk down the road, take a shit, shower what the fuck ever, with friends, at home, anywhere where u feel like it. keep at it. my advice.

peace
I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass...

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer