Author Topic: The G.O.A.T has spoken  (Read 3095 times)

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
The G.O.A.T has spoken
« on: July 19, 2010, 04:07:57 AM »
Jordan wouldn't have called Magic, Bird

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5391478

Michael Jordan led the Chicago Bulls  to six titles. And while he had Scottie Pippen, there is little question the Bulls were Jordan's team.

So what does Jordan, one of the best-ever in the NBA, think of LeBron James joining with All-Stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to form a super team in Miami?

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

James, who played his first seven seasons with his home state Cleveland Cavaliers, was part of one of the most celebrated free agent classes in history this summer. He met with the Cavs, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, New York Knicks and New Jersey Nets.

James let the world know he was taking his talents to South Beach in an hour-long TV special on July 8.

TNT analyst Charles Barkley said James' decision may change his legacy.

"He'll never be Jordan," Barkley told 790 the Ticket in Miami earlier in the week. "This clearly takes him out of the conversation. He can win as much as he wants to.

"There would have been something honorable about staying in Cleveland and trying to win it as 'The Man' ... LeBron, if he would've in Cleveland, and if he could've got a championship there, it would have been over the top for his legacy, just one in Cleveland. No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade's team."

Real talk from MJ or typical old man move?

westsiderider323

Re: The G.O.A.T has spoken
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:07:28 AM »
real talk from MJ lebron is a coward ass bitch

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »
No doubt that it's true, but the situations are not comparable at all. Bird and Magic were done when Jordan got it kickin'. They were never really friends, plus Bosh sure as hell is far far away from "goat"-material. Jordan's team was dominant enough... the nigga can't complain. Can't say the same for the Cavs, Heat or Raptors. Next season will show how the Cavs will suck major dick without LeBron while the Heat cruise through shit. The Cavs are gonna be sooo lousy... 60 wins? Never again!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:04:02 AM »
Yeah, put MJ on the Cavs, let him lose forever & he woulda bounced too.

This guy is steady "sucking" LeBron lately, unless you guys just keep posting old things. But it seems like he's going out of his way to say LeBron is wack.

Obviously jealous of the pre-draft comparisions.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 11:50:01 AM »
Let's say the Heat do win a good number of titles and Lebron James is going to clearly show he's the best on the team (numbers and moments will show this), he won't be considered an elite player of all time?  Are people really serious about this shit?  Because most likely he's going to the same amount of Finals MVP too for the rings the Heat get. 

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »
he will be considered a great player but still with that help it hurts your legacy, he took the cowards way out,if you can't beat em join em, wade was suppose to be his equal and people looked foward to that match up and you run to his home, ol johnny gill ass equal is lebron, and the goat was wilt, jordan is just the man in the "highlight era", but i agree with him about calling people up to team up,you get players that's good but not other superstar's,and regardless of what yall say about bosh that equal led his squad so there fore he was one of the top 15 atleast players in the league, and people act like those bulls teams was so talented haha prove it, besides micheal and pip, kukoc was average at best,and steve kerr couldn't guard shit, luc longly? jud bushler.randy brown?bill winington? pete myers,stacy king? 106 year old cartwright? 150 years old robert parrish? 134 year old john salley? yeah great teams hahahhaha the heat team they got now got more talent then the bulls or these last laker teams had 3 all-stars you can pencil in for atleast the next 6 years and probably mike miller can get one? get serious my equal and they ain't even reached they prime yet? lets be honest, coward move but can't say that team ain't great on paper yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 01:43:19 PM »
Jordan shouldn't act as if the likes of Kukoc, Pippen and Rodman were the equals to Varejao, Mo Williams and Delonte West...

Neither is Bosh the 2nd coming of Duncan or Malone, let alone Bird.

@the guy who always says "yell" ... when Jordan retired for the first time, the Bulls still made the playoffs and won a series... let's look how the Cavs do without LeBron. Surely not as good as the Bulls did without Jordan.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 02:38:20 PM »
In the Bulls first 3 peat, Horace Grant was more valueable to the team than Pippen was for 2 out of the 3 titles.  They were very close though.  It wasn't just Pippen and Jordan. 

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »
If LeBron wins a championship with the Heat it'll have an asterisk behind it.

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 02:59:34 PM »
This guy is steady "sucking" LeBron lately, unless you guys just keep posting old things. But it seems like he's going out of his way to say LeBron is wack.

What are you talking about, moron? Your dumbness is getting too exaggerated, man, seriously. LeBron is in the exact same situation Jordan was with the Bulls...Jordan didn't win in his first 7 seasons, and was bounced in back-to-back years by Detroit. By that point, people questioned whether he could even lead a team to a title....do you think Jordan bitched out and bolted to another superstar's team? Do you think a player of Jordan's competitive nature would even have it in him to make such a bitch move? Come on, cham...your support of LeBron is fine and all, but you're going way past support with this dumbness.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 04:19:47 PM »

i dont think hes saying lebron is wack...blame this on the media they are the ones that seek out jordans opinions every time some one makes the slightest little move in the nba.
niggas run to jordan like hes the last word on anything basketball related.

but its true though and no one can dispute that this will change lebrons legacy...i wouldnt give a fuck if he goes over there and gets  five titles hes never gonna be the captain of that team until wade dips out. he will never say he took that city and put it on its shoulder and took it to the promised land...and cats in miami will never fully trust that if the team dont perform he wont be out on the next thing smoking.

jordan had  the same desire to win that lebron does but he stuck with his team until they got it right and he set forth an example and a standard by doing that.

at the end of the day lebron sold himself and his legacy short....but can you blame him?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »

What are you talking about, moron? Your dumbness is getting too exaggerated, man, seriously. LeBron is in the exact same situation Jordan was with the Bulls...Jordan didn't win in his first 7 seasons, and was bounced in back-to-back years by Detroit. By that point, people questioned whether he could even lead a team to a title....do you think Jordan bitched out and bolted to another superstar's team? Do you think a player of Jordan's competitive nature would even have it in him to make such a bitch move? Come on, cham...your support of LeBron is fine and all, but you're going way past support with this dumbness.

You have selective hearing; your opinion is more irrelevant than Jordan's biased one lol.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 02:27:26 AM »

You have selective hearing; your opinion is more irrelevant than Jordan's biased one lol.

The fact that you think Jordan is giving his opinion just to discredit LeBron just goes to show what a delusional moron you are. Anyone who doesn't think you're a complete retard must share the same delusion as you. It wasn't just my opinion showing how stupid you are...it was also the FACT that Jordan was in the same exact position as Lebron, despite your ridiculous claim of "lets see how Jordan would react if he were placed on a team where he got nowhere for 7 years" LOL

theremedy360

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 12:45:52 PM »
I don't blame LeBron for joining a bunch of all stars, but this erases the Jordan comparison.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 01:13:22 PM »
I personally do think this will hurt Lebrons legacy. Just based on fans perception of him. He will not be seen as great as he would have been winning on the Cavs. But I hate how people talk about competitiveness as if this has anything to do with it.  Like they say about the media (and fans as well), the only thing they like to do better then build someone up...is tear them down. No one has ever questioned Wade's competitiveness. Is HE any less competitive because of this? No. Lebron has mainly come into question because of this move. Does it change his competitiveness? No.

The only difference is, the bar has been raised. Lebron and even Wade arent just competing with the rest of the league to win a title. They are competing with other greats to cement their spot in basketball history. So now that they joined forces, the bar for them is just higher. Lebron will have to win twice the amount of titles in Miami as he would have had to win in Cleveland to achieve the same measure of "greatness" in basketball history. They are every bit as competitive as they were a year ago. The only thing that has changed is that they have put an amazing amount of pressure on themselves now. The world will be waiting, and even hoping for them to fail.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"