Author Topic: A good quote from Talib about you "real" hiphop fans. I had 2 put it n my sig.  (Read 737 times)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This a forum, it would be pointless that this forum exists if people only posted when they have something positive to say. The conflicting opinions is what makes it great.

The opposing viewpoints are just fine, the problem is people often claim superiority through their negative viewpoint and say shit like youve just said "its garbage and always will be" i mean sure if you dont like it thats cool, and maybe youre just using a turn of phrase, but to say that does have connotations of superiority and gives the impression that you feel the music has no worth at all.

Triple OG Rapsodie

the simple answer is because the only thing joe budden has going for him is his lyrics, his flow and voice are fucking terrible, as is his personality. gucci and ross have good flow, good beat choice (something old jo beezy has never had and never will) and are enjoyable to listen to. im not about to make this a war between the rappers, im just pointing out some very obvious and true points.

I agree with most of what you've said, but stop right there. Gucci Mane and Rick Ross have horrible flow as well. And I haven't heard any feeling out of them either.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This a forum, it would be pointless that this forum exists if people only posted when they have something positive to say. The conflicting opinions is what makes it great.

The opposing viewpoints are just fine, the problem is people often claim superiority through their negative viewpoint and say shit like youve just said "its garbage and always will be" i mean sure if you dont like it thats cool, and maybe youre just using a turn of phrase, but to say that does have connotations of superiority and gives the impression that you feel the music has no worth at all.

I said "I THINK its garbage and always has been". Thats an opinion personal to me that I'm not inflicting on anyone else.

I've not said "his music is garbage and always will be" like you've just suggested. If I said that I'd be painting my opinion as fact, which is not the case. Opinion on music is nothing more than that and a matter of personal taste.

>>>>"I genuinely think his music is absolute garbage. It always has been."<<< Thats what I wrote - the key word there is THINK. It shows its an opinion of mine, not anyone elses.

It has no connotations of superiority because I've said its an opinion from the start. If I was to simply bulldoze it down and say "its rubbish, Gucci Mane is shit, always will be" it would be ignorant and uninformed. I don't do that, and never have if you read my other posts. I disagree with a lot of people on the forum at times in terms of musical choice, but not once have I tried to rubbish their opinion by making myself look superior.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:45:43 AM by 13th Duke »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Gucci Mane sucks and Radiotube is a nigger.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Paul

Gucci Mane sucks and Radiotube is a nigger.

haha
funkyfreshintheflesh

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
LOL, that's hilarious...you're actually retarded.

I thought it was just a little joke, like "ha, you say some stupid shit sometimes, you're retarded".

But no, you're just dumb lol.
hey cham, why do even bother replying to this fake ass white boy wigger, you know these white people will never learn.

True, fuckin' honkeys.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
& @ Based God, how about you learn what you're talking about before you make stupid ass assumptions.

I'm a fan of Lil' Wayne's music, didn't cry when Kanye's 808's came out; felt Drake's first mixtape; fan of 50 Cent; big fan of Eminem & people say his lyrics aren't about shit. I EVEN LISTEN TO LADY GAGA lmfao.

It's basically JUST Gucci Mane & Rick Ross who I don't like, along with a few no names; so don't be saying "I only listen to intelligent rappers"; which is ironic, for other reasons lol.

& that's my POINT, how can you say "I don't like Joe Budden because his lyrics suck" (I know you didn't say his lyrics suck, but the other guy did) & then say "I support Gucci Mane" who has no lyrics? Just admit you're a hater of Joe Budden's music then & don't both posting your biased ass opinion lol.

Honestly, not even that big of a fan or Talib or Mos Def. & it's not even I listen to "intelligent" rap, it's just I listen to underground music, with more substance than "ahhh, I fucked a goat, then took a bath with soap on a rope, GUCCI!"

blazeindave213

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Too bad Pac KRS Ra big em snoop gucci and juicy j couldnt all get on all get on a panel and discuss this quote and tha topic.  White folks are just getn upset that thay get calld out silently bcuz they feel entitled and want tha same rights we got n hiphop.  i dnt care wat u say ANY white persons view abt hiphop will never b 100 legit bcuz this aint yall real life, we only help yall feel accepted bcuz of tha support, its just like bartenders and drunks baby.  i mean cmon, besides a handful of white boys who probably dnt even rap yall aint really ``in`` like that, niggaz just be cool wit yall bcuz yall either got tha good weed, ur tha custi, or we fuck yall women and dnt b on no KKK shit.  no disrespect to tha cool 1s cuz all yall aint fake but aint non of yall hiphop neither yall r just you. 
why is it the white man ? this is the second thread in 2 days that there is some racist shit being said liek what the fuck ? so white people dont know about or only a handfull some white boy must have laid a beating on your bitch ass once aging its 2010 and we still have comments like this fuck you and the other guy that called me a fucking wet back that dude must be fucking crossed eyed
hoe, if I tell yo flea to pull a tree you get a chain and hook his lil ass up.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
& @ Based God, how about you learn what you're talking about before you make stupid ass assumptions.

I'm a fan of Lil' Wayne's music, didn't cry when Kanye's 808's came out; felt Drake's first mixtape; fan of 50 Cent; big fan of Eminem & people say his lyrics aren't about shit. I EVEN LISTEN TO LADY GAGA lmfao.

It's basically JUST Gucci Mane & Rick Ross who I don't like, along with a few no names; so don't be saying "I only listen to intelligent rappers"; which is ironic, for other reasons lol.

& that's my POINT, how can you say "I don't like Joe Budden because his lyrics suck" (I know you didn't say his lyrics suck, but the other guy did) & then say "I support Gucci Mane" who has no lyrics? Just admit you're a hater of Joe Budden's music then & don't both posting your biased ass opinion lol.

Honestly, not even that big of a fan or Talib or Mos Def. & it's not even I listen to "intelligent" rap, it's just I listen to underground music, with more substance than "ahhh, I fucked a goat, then took a bath with soap on a rope, GUCCI!"

my opinion is not biased ive listened to 2 of his MM tapes and his 3 albums and like i said his voice sucks and thats why i dont like him. his lyrics are good but thats not enough for me. also i find his lyrics depressing. i tried really hard to like him and since i knew he had talent. i gave him a big chance but none of his music clicked with me for the reasons ive stated.  so im NOT biased i dunno what the hell you are talking about.

and that is a really dumb and childish attempt and making fun of gucci when hes actually been doing some of the more interesting rhyme schemes ive heard in years and his lyrics are nothing like that. I know what im talking about in regards to joe budden, you dont know what youre talking about in regards to gucci and it shows, really.

and in regards to the whole 50/lil wayne/ etc.  they are popular mainstream artists but people dont assume theyre lyrics are ignorant and basic, like they assume with gucci. i see the point you were trying to make there, it just makes no fucking sense

lolmad

• Lil Geezy
long time viewer, just registered to say this

ITT: bitter black people, lol even my fellow whitefolk arguing like little girllls about the stupidest shit ive ever read

Muhfukka

"I say people like Mychal Smith are every bit as caught up in the flashing lights as the 'ignorant' masses they like to judge. Instead of celebrating it, they get joy from speaking against it. They truly believe not liking Gucci Mane makes them intellectually superior to say, some chic down south. They pay so much attention to what they perceive to be negative, based on a limited world view, that they miss the positive, even when it's right in their face"

this is so true, i've been sayin' this 4 yearz.  Talib was pretty much talkin about all of those fake ass white boys who be bloggin' all day tryna shit on niggaz and swear they got the upper hand on the knowledge bcuz they prefer Mos Def over Ice T. 

the full article can be found here:  http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.11759/title.talib-kweli-responds-to-criticism-over-gucci-mane-collab

Naw.. fuck that... I disagree, and call me one of "those" white boyz if you want to, I don't care...

Talib Kweli doesn't want to be viewed as a fringe, conscious artist, and thinks he can expand his fan base by accepting some of the ignorance that's fucked up hip-hop.  He also believes in embracing black people and black nationalism, and so he doesn't want to speak down on other black rappers.  But regardless of what Talib Kweli says their music is garbage.  And even Talib himself hasn't been that dope since Rawkus Records folded.

lmao, you my friend have missed the whole fucking point. the point is people feeling intellectually superior when they decry music like gucci mane etc. so instead of being a decent guy and saying you dont like it, you have to call it "fucking garbage" and talk about ignorance, because you think you are INTELLECTUALY SUPERIOR to a gucci mane fan. . all youve done is prove his point by showing your own ignorance. look, youve even tried to claim he has an ulterior motive for saying what he said, simply because you can admit that YOU are the person he is talking about. dont worry about it though, there are so many people like you. all they fucking care about is perceived intelligence in their music and its complete and utter bullshit. but congratulations of proving talib right in just one post.
hahahahaha infant is an idiot and radiotube you changed your name to "the stop bitching campaign" yet all youve ever really done on here is bitch

Triple OG Rapsodie

long time viewer, just registered to say this

ITT: bitter black people, lol even my fellow whitefolk arguing like little girllls about the stupidest shit ive ever read

and yet you're the one wasting your time reading our stupid shit  :D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

my opinion is not biased ive listened to 2 of his MM tapes and his 3 albums and like i said his voice sucks and thats why i dont like him. his lyrics are good but thats not enough for me. also i find his lyrics depressing. i tried really hard to like him and since i knew he had talent. i gave him a big chance but none of his music clicked with me for the reasons ive stated.  so im NOT biased i dunno what the hell you are talking about.

and that is a really dumb and childish attempt and making fun of gucci when hes actually been doing some of the more interesting rhyme schemes ive heard in years and his lyrics are nothing like that. I know what im talking about in regards to joe budden, you dont know what youre talking about in regards to gucci and it shows, really.

and in regards to the whole 50/lil wayne/ etc.  they are popular mainstream artists but people dont assume theyre lyrics are ignorant and basic, like they assume with gucci. i see the point you were trying to make there, it just makes no fucking sense

If you asked me to prove Joe Budden is great, I would have over 30 songs to pick out & say "This is why I like him". If I asked you to do that to Gucci, I'd be surprised if you could find ONE song that was slightly appealing with an "interesting rhyme scheme".

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
we all change our minds and like different shit, and you can like an artist but not like what they stand for off the mic, and sometimes a but is gonna be said haha, joe budden got lyrics but that muthafucca is boring as fucc to me, leonard roberts has good "riding beats" but that equal succ on the mic and sound like he eating like 12 turkey samiches when he rap'n, dr dre is a fucc'n liar so is leonard roberts,yet dr dre said he does it for entertainment while officer riccy tells you this is all real life, also i think blacc gold is a great talib song one of the best of all year and talib spits legit fire,but i think leonard roberts album is better then his and high teks, his sound and everything matches up,while talib's shit get's hella boring, what i'm saying is we all like different shit and it's nothing wrong with expressing it from time to time but just know there is really no such thing as an arm chair a&r ;D yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp