Author Topic: I guess Magic Johnson is "jealous" of LeBron too...  (Read 3549 times)

Sccit

I guess Magic Johnson is "jealous" of LeBron too...
« on: July 21, 2010, 03:46:49 PM »
Magic Johnson is also not impressed with LeBron James

By Trey Kerby

Wed Jul 21 08:00am PDT

Apparently there is a new trend in the NBA — retired legends turned team owners speaking out about LeBron James'(notes)  signing with the Miami Heat. It's the sweetest thing to do this summer, cool dudes and dudettes.

First, Michael Jordan said there was "no way" he would have ever joined forces with two other superstars to chase a championship. Now, one of those guys Jordan said he would have never linked up with is doing the same.

From Bloomberg News' Barry Rothbard:

Basketball Hall of Famer Magic Johnson said he never would have joined with Larry Bird to win a championship the way LeBron James is teaming with Dwyane Wade(notes). [...]

"We didn't think about it cause that's not what we were about," said Johnson, whose Michigan State squad beat Bird's Indiana State team in the 1979 National Collegiate Athletic Association championship. "From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird."

Johnson's comments came during an interview Tuesday morning at Baruch College in New York, and they're just more proof that LeBron James' decision isn't sitting well across the league. Either they'll serve as motivation for the two-time MVP to prove the haterz wrong, or letting down his idols will damage James' confidence, sending him in to a funk. Considering he announced his free-agent decision in an hour-long special, I'm thinking the confidence will be doing just fine.

Of course, the only logical move now is for someone to find out what Larry Bird thinks about LeBron James teaming up with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh(notes). Sure, he might not own the Pacers, but he's got a high-level job with the team. That's good enough. The being-a-legend thing helps too.

LOL...I wonder what that retarded LeBron dicklicker is guna say.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I guess Magic Johnson is "jealous" of LeBron too...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »
There should be a sticky Lebron thread

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 03:57:57 PM »
Typical ass NIK moronic method. Acting like whatever anybody says against this is "retarded". ::)

1. Isn't it logical that legends would come out & speak against this, how they would "never" do it, under any circumstances; pretty easy to talk when you're 20 years removed from the league & you'll never get a chance again in your life to prove yourself?

I mean maybe not to a Laker-goggle wearing, Kobe obsessed, LeBron hating faggot like yourself, but the reality & the rest of the world, it makes more than enough sense.

2. Magic is a Laker at heart, he's OBVIOUSLY going to side with Kobe; he's been calling Kobe the greatest, obviously going against the only player in the league comparable to him.

3. Didn't you recently say Magic was part of big three, better than the big three of Miami? I mean, who gives a fuck how the players come together? If the Laker big three was THAT good, I guess we should take away from Magic's legacy too. ::)

4. If Magic was on such a "great team" (which he was), OF COURSE he wasn't going to leave to play with Bird. :stupid:

*waits for selective hearing to kick in*

Face it, you're mad that LeBron is about to win like 5 titles in a row & then your sick fantasies of LeBron never winning & using the SOLO argument of rings in your Kobe/LeBron debates will be gone. So you're jumping on this "LeBron isn't allowed to be talked about good now no matter how many rings he wins" boat so when he wins you can fall back on it.

You're honestly the biggest lame in the world lmfao.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 01:46:00 AM »
Kevin Garnett said he would of done things differently in his career.. being traded to the celtics was the best thing he couldve ever have done. too bad it happened after 10+ seasons in the nba with the timberwolves. so you have to hate him also.

oh by the way Chris paul is throwing a kobe bryant 06-07 tantrum and demanding a trade lol

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 03:17:02 AM »
oh by the way Chris paul is throwing a kobe bryant 06-07 tantrum and demanding a trade lol

Come to the Mavs! Oh please nigga, we got some good players with expiring contracts, the best you can get at this point! Join the Mavs, nigga!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 08:27:33 AM »
Lebron stays gettin shitted on...damn

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 09:21:34 AM »
what he says its the truth, people like magic, bird, jordan can be proud of what they did cuz they didnt need a team full of superstars to do it...if lebron wins, its expected cuz with that team u better win.  So in the end, even if he wins it, people wont have as much respect for it.  end of story.  Nothing to do with hate or any of that, just plain truth. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 10:24:06 AM »
Magic didn't win shit until Kareem came, the best center of the 80s. Go figure nigga.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 10:27:19 AM »
There should be a sticky Lebron thread

but then what would NIK start threads about these days!? lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »
LOL@butthurt faggots upset over Magic spittin the truth...it's not "logical" for anyone to go out of their way to lie. if magic and mj said what they said, they said it because that's what's on their mind...they didn't have a "secret meaning" behind it LMAO. that sounds dumber than the claim of Magic saying this "to side with Kobe".

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 05:10:28 PM »
LOL@butthurt faggots upset over Magic spittin the truth...it's not "logical" for anyone to go out of their way to lie. if magic and mj said what they said, they said it because that's what's on their mind...they didn't have a "secret meaning" behind it LMAO. that sounds dumber than the claim of Magic saying this "to side with Kobe".

So was Magic spittin the truth when he said Lebron was the best player in the world? Or just on this issue?

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 05:27:59 PM »
Magic didn't win shit until Kareem came, the best center of the 80s. Go figure nigga.

... you realize Kareem was on the team before Magic, right? And you realize Magic won the championship and the Finals MVP in his rookie season?

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 05:47:50 PM »

... you realize Kareem was on the team before Magic, right? And you realize Magic won the championship and the Finals MVP in his rookie season?

Best Lakers of All Time

1. Magic
2. Kareem
3. Bryant (maybe)
4. Jerry West (maybe)

I think 3 and 4 could POSSIBLE be interchanged. But I think Magic and Kareem still have ahold of the top two spots.

On a side note, Id put Shaq up there probably at 3 behind Kareem if this was just as a player overall. But since its "Best Laker", I stuck with players who's names are synonymous with Lakers.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 07:32:58 PM »

So was Magic spittin the truth when he said Lebron was the best player in the world? Or just on this issue?

just on this issue

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 07:33:53 PM »

just on this issue

lol