Author Topic: Boardwalk Empire  (Read 2174 times)

Lunatic

Re: Boardwalk Empire
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2010, 11:08:49 PM »
GREAT finale. Great season period. Only 2 episodes I wasn't extremely fond of. The other 10 were phenomenal.

Wonder what the commodore, jimmy & eli have up there sleeves  :o  it wont be easy to remove nucky

the scene of jimmy lookin out at the water like nucky during the intro was sick foreshadowing

can't wait for season 2
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2010, 01:08:43 PM »
Wonder what the commodore, jimmy & eli have up there sleeves  :o  it wont be easy to remove nucky
Like I said before, based on his facial expressions, I'm sure Nucky read something of interest in the book that the Commodore's maid gave to him when he gave her money and told her to leave town (rather than having her prosecuted).  My guess is that she had probably been documenting things that he had been saying about people (him included) since she obviously didn't like the guy anyway.

Nucky's smart, but without the Commodore, Jimmy and Eli backing him, his future is questionable.  Jimmy (and the guy with the mask) were more or less doing the dirty work of his illegal operations while Eli (now reinstated as Sheriff) was his muscle.  However, Nucky's still allied with the gangsters from Chicago and now he's on better terms with Rothstein (which includes Luciano and Lansky), not to mention Chalky.  But while he was invited and brought into the operation, I don't see Jimmy just turning on Nucky like that.  He's talked about how Nucky uses him to do his dirty work, but earlier in the season, he wanted to be part of the team specifically to do just that, given his experiences in the war.

I just wonder if Van Alden is going to get info out of Lucy since she's pregnant by him but also was Nucky's main squeeze (though he doesn't know that yet).

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2010, 02:17:18 PM »
its based on real life, if u know history, the shows basically already spoiled for you.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2010, 05:29:49 PM »
its based on real life, if u know history, the shows basically already spoiled for you.
I'm aware of that, but it IS a TV show, and a few characters who are key figures weren't real, like Jimmy.  But Nucky (though his real last name was Johnson and not Thompson), Rothstein, Luciano, Lansky, Capone, etc. were all real.  So we can't exactly figure out the way the show is going to end, other than Nucky eventually getting convicted of tax evasion.

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »
ye its based on real life characters but scorcese basically said the real life is just a starting jumpin point for the show..they didnt name him nucky johnson for a reason..put thompson so they can do whatever
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »
yea i like the whole season a lot, a lot of people hated on it becasue it was slow, i liek that, i would want an action driven show, i see 3 more good seasons left in this show, theres so many plotlines that there isa lot to do, will be interesting to see how it unravels.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2010, 02:04:36 PM »
There's a difference between slow and just bad.  A lot of times Boardwalk was pretty bad. 

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »
rothstein gets murderd by one of the 2 top dons in the nyc.

Sikotic™

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2011, 05:55:16 PM »
There's a difference between slow and just bad.  A lot of times Boardwalk was pretty bad. 
I couldn't think of anything I would consider bad off the top of my head from the season. A lot of shit bored me a little, but it eventually paid off in the end.....I'm trying to think of a few examples, but I'm starting to forget a lot of the details after just a few weeks.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2011, 09:32:57 PM »
I've been re-watching the season (though at a pretty slow pace), and there are things that I'm picking up on that I didn't notice before, or things that I'm trying to look for.  It's definitely not a waste of time to check it out a second time around.  You notice throughout the whole season how Eli doesn't really like his brother all that much, or how Jimmy's baby mama acts when near the photography studio, etc.  I'm trying to see at what point Van Alden's sidekick (I forget his name) would've been under Nucky's control since it didn't seem like that in the third episode when they storm into the hospital when Eli is trying to kill Rothstein's man who survived the ambush.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2011, 07:25:34 AM »
I've been re-watching the season (though at a pretty slow pace), and there are things that I'm picking up on that I didn't notice before, or things that I'm trying to look for.  It's definitely not a waste of time to check it out a second time around.  You notice throughout the whole season how Eli doesn't really like his brother all that much, or how Jimmy's baby mama acts when near the photography studio, etc.  I'm trying to see at what point Van Alden's sidekick (I forget his name) would've been under Nucky's control since it didn't seem like that in the third episode when they storm into the hospital when Eli is trying to kill Rothstein's man who survived the ambush.

u didn't realize this he first time around?

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »
Of course I did.  You just don't notice to what degree some of these things are, plus you get to watch the progressive buildup of people's resentment, which you don't notice the first time around.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »
I couldn't think of anything I would consider bad off the top of my head from the season. A lot of shit bored me a little, but it eventually paid off in the end.....I'm trying to think of a few examples, but I'm starting to forget a lot of the details after just a few weeks.

Here's some of the things I didn't really like or thought was just okay. 

-Nucky's lack of depth as a character.  It shouldn't have taken until the last episode to have this payoff being that he is the central character so far.  There's one thing to be mysterious, but he clearly wasn't. 
-Bad casting for Jimmy's character.  He spends most of the time acting like he's about to cry and his lips get all pouty like if he was some 13 year old slut on myspace a few years ago. 
-Way too much emphasis on Margaret Schroder.  We all knew what was going to happen.  She claims to be the righteous one and still ends up being with Nucky. 

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »
Here's some of the things I didn't really like or thought was just okay. 

-Nucky's lack of depth as a character.  It shouldn't have taken until the last episode to have this payoff being that he is the central character so far.  There's one thing to be mysterious, but he clearly wasn't.
But it's just the first season, and they can't unveil everything about every character's background right away while allowing the storyline to progress.  But there were signs of his past, like when he'd walk by the boardwalk and stare at the place with the premature/unhealthy babies, though of course it didn't make sense until the end.

-Bad casting for Jimmy's character.  He spends most of the time acting like he's about to cry and his lips get all pouty like if he was some 13 year old slut on myspace a few years ago.
Agreed.

-Way too much emphasis on Margaret Schroder.  We all knew what was going to happen.  She claims to be the righteous one and still ends up being with Nucky. 
She never "claimed" to be the righteous one.  I think one of the big themes of the show is the fact that anyone can be corrupted in some way, though of course the corruption itself varies in its degree.  Nucky said it himself in the last episode where it said something to the effect of everyone deciding how much sin they can live with.  But everyone in the show crosses boundaries that they probably didn't expect to cross.

Lunatic

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2011, 07:08:27 PM »
Wow u guys don't like Jimmy? Easily my favorite
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com