Author Topic: YEA..... Lebron Is Much Better  (Read 1382 times)

theremedy360

Re: YEA..... Lebron Is Much Better
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »
Kobe has literally nothing on LeBron but a jumpshot & rings that were won for him by playing team basketball.

LeBron alone (or with Mo Williams) 60+ wins, Kobe alone; 40 wins.

People being blind to the facts, smh,

Kobe obviously has the better supporting cast now, but LeBron played with two former all stars and a bunch of solid roll players while Kobe was stuck with a bunch of scrubs (aside from Lamar). The East is also an easier division to win games in. My only point was that LeBron is un-proven. Does that mean he'll never be an all time great? No. But at this point he hasn't shown me anything but freakish athleticism and the ability to pile together regular season wins.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 06:08:41 PM »
^I mean, put steroids aside & Barry Bonds wasn't proven, but he was undoubtedly the greatest player of this generation; he just didn't have the team behind him to win & he even made it to the WS.

LeBron had a good squad, honestly, coulda/shoulda made it to the Finals, but he doesn't have no Kobe, LA squad.

Larry & Magic won throughout the 80's with STACKED ass teams; Jordan won throughout the 90's with a stacked ass team; & for this decade, the Lakers had an amazing team with Shaq & Kobe & now the super stacked team they currently have, the Spurs had an incredible team with Robinson, Duncan, Parker & Manu, & even the Pistons had a STACKED team when they won.

Take the best player off of all those teams I just named, off of all those NBA Champions over the years & ALL of those teams would still be playoff bound, 5, 6, 7 seeds; where the Cavs would honestly be LUCKY to win 30 games this season without LeBron.

Sure LeBron has to start winning titles, but look what the Laker stans run to; now if he wins, it's "not legit", give me break lol.

EDIT: Also, what you quoted of me, was speaking on terms of pure skills. LeBron is better than Kobe in every aspect except a jumpshot & this imaginary "clutch" factor & "heart" & whatever other unproveable thing ESPN makes up for him to make it seem like they are even.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 06:10:55 PM by Chamillitary Click »

theremedy360

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 08:47:45 PM »
^I mean, put steroids aside & Barry Bonds wasn't proven, but he was undoubtedly the greatest player of this generation; he just didn't have the team behind him to win & he even made it to the WS.

LeBron had a good squad, honestly, coulda/shoulda made it to the Finals, but he doesn't have no Kobe, LA squad.

Larry & Magic won throughout the 80's with STACKED ass teams; Jordan won throughout the 90's with a stacked ass team; & for this decade, the Lakers had an amazing team with Shaq & Kobe & now the super stacked team they currently have, the Spurs had an incredible team with Robinson, Duncan, Parker & Manu, & even the Pistons had a STACKED team when they won.

Take the best player off of all those teams I just named, off of all those NBA Champions over the years & ALL of those teams would still be playoff bound, 5, 6, 7 seeds; where the Cavs would honestly be LUCKY to win 30 games this season without LeBron.

Sure LeBron has to start winning titles, but look what the Laker stans run to; now if he wins, it's "not legit", give me break lol.

EDIT: Also, what you quoted of me, was speaking on terms of pure skills. LeBron is better than Kobe in every aspect except a jumpshot & this imaginary "clutch" factor & "heart" & whatever other unproveable thing ESPN makes up for him to make it seem like they are even.

Well I see there's no convincing you of a clutch factor, so I'm not even gonna try  8)

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 09:25:25 PM »
LOL@any idiot who truly believes LeBron can even be in the same sentence as Kobe when it comes to the clutch factor and using 82game stats as their basis...pathetic. and LMAO@"what does Kobe have on LeBron besides a jumpshot?"...would you say the same thing about Jordan? Because Kobe can do everything Jordan can do on a basketball court...so that's a pretty fucking moronic statement in it's own..The only thing LeBron has on Kobe is power/athleticism..if you think otherwise, you're not even worth discussing with.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »
^Whose better with the ball? LeBron.

Whose a better passer? LeBron.

Whose a better rebounder? LeBron.

Whose better at taking it to the hoop & more dominating & more unstoppable when driving? LeBron.

It's not me being moronic, it's you being in denial, which is perfectly okay & understandable.

Daygo already proved that Kobe isn't as clutch as Vince, Allan & LeBron. Isn't even as clutch as Pau Gasol. Kobe also takes the most clutch shots & has the most misses, so basically he isn't playing better in the clutch or worse, he's just playing how he does throughout the whole game & your biased force & delusional thinking that he is some second coming of Jesus makes you think he's "stepping up".

The only Kobe argument is "clutchness" & rings; one that doesn't exist & one that was won for him by the help of others. As a pure player, who is better all around, not looking at accolades, just what they can do on a court; LeBron is hands down better.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 11:07:48 AM »

Ken Griffey Jr > Barry Bonds  8)
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 11:12:48 AM »

Ringless as well. ;)

theremedy360

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »

Ringless as well. ;)

Low Blow! Nah but the ringless argument doesn't work as well in baseball. You can be a great player in ball and not even make the playoffs and it doesn't knock your ability. Look at ARod on the Rangers, dude put up 50+ hr's per year and was probably the best in the game, but Texas sucked so they didn't have a chance. I guess I just don't see much comparison for baseball and basketball, way too different.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
^Sorry, had to be done. :P

But I understand, but it's not even the point that they can't carry their team, but that other teams are just better. Same goes for LeBron & the Cavs, he's getting beat by better teams.

If LeBron beats the Celtics, they say he beat the "Celtics", not Pierce, not Rondo, but he beat the Celtics; the Celtics lost lol. Where The Cavs lose & it means LeBron lost. I mean, is he even playing on a team or is he by himself?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »

Ringless as well. ;)

Low Blow! Nah but the ringless argument doesn't work as well in baseball. You can be a great player in ball and not even make the playoffs and it doesn't knock your ability. Look at ARod on the Rangers, dude put up 50+ hr's per year and was probably the best in the game, but Texas sucked so they didn't have a chance. I guess I just don't see much comparison for baseball and basketball, way too different.

Yeah. Being ringless in baseball is about as important to your place in baseball history as being ringless as an offensive lineman in Football lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

theremedy360

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 11:49:43 AM »
^Sorry, had to be done. :P

But I understand, but it's not even the point that they can't carry their team, but that other teams are just better. Same goes for LeBron & the Cavs, he's getting beat by better teams.

If LeBron beats the Celtics, they say he beat the "Celtics", not Pierce, not Rondo, but he beat the Celtics; the Celtics lost lol. Where The Cavs lose & it means LeBron lost. I mean, is he even playing on a team or is he by himself?

Well from the time he came in the league (and even before) the entire national media has been on his jock more than any other athlete, so it's understandable why he has these kinds of expectations. I think you just have to assess on a case by case basis. Obviously that year they made the finals he did his thing and doesn't deserve to be hated on for that, even though they got swept. On the other hand, he really seemed to lose it in that Celtics series despite having some good games. He does play on a team, but it's like when Kobe got criticized for that Celtics series a few years ago, people will acknowledge the shortcomings of the supporting cast, but at the end of the day, the blame is gonna rest at the feet of the superstar.

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2010, 04:26:08 PM »
^Whose better with the ball? LeBron.

Whose a better passer? LeBron.

Whose a better rebounder? LeBron.

Whose better at taking it to the hoop & more dominating & more unstoppable when driving? LeBron.

It's not me being moronic, it's you being in denial, which is perfectly okay & understandable.

Daygo already proved that Kobe isn't as clutch as Vince, Allan & LeBron. Isn't even as clutch as Pau Gasol. Kobe also takes the most clutch shots & has the most misses, so basically he isn't playing better in the clutch or worse, he's just playing how he does throughout the whole game & your biased force & delusional thinking that he is some second coming of Jesus makes you think he's "stepping up".

The only Kobe argument is "clutchness" & rings; one that doesn't exist & one that was won for him by the help of others. As a pure player, who is better all around, not looking at accolades, just what they can do on a court; LeBron is hands down better.

the thing is, if you truly believe you can say all these things for lebron vs kobe, then you can say it for lebron vs jordan...but lets be realistic, kobe (and jordan) are way better on AND off the ball than lebron...kobe has better dribbles, better long-range, better mid-range...MUCH better defense (lol@you putting lebron above kobe in the defensive category...you're a fucking joke). the only thing lebron truly has on kobe/jordan is a better power game. lebron is a better rebounder than kobe/jordan, as well, because he is more physically gifted...that's not the measuring stick we use to analyze great players, though, genius. all daygo really proved was what every basketball head was already thinking...using 82game stats to back up an argument is laughable...i mean, seriously, do you think anyone out there would rather have vince take the last shot of a game over kobe? whoever does must be as dumb as you...but really, though, anyone who still thinks a guy who openly runs away from pressure is better than kobe bryant seriously must be an idiot...straight up. and that's what you are.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2010, 08:35:35 PM »
^I put LeBron & Kobe in the same defensive category, don't be twisting words while you're in denial too lmfao.

You can say Kobe is the better defender, but it's not by enough to make a difference.

I don't care if he's more physically gifted, that's why he's better LMFAO; you can't take away his size just because Kobe doesn't have it.

I might as well say, Kobe is a better shooter, obviously, so you can't use that in your argument. Moron. ::)

"Running away from pressure", "no desire", "no heart", "not as clutch"; I'd like to see these "heart" & "desire" stats that proves whose better. All I see is Kobe getting an immense amount of help & celebrating when he wins. I saw him threatening to run back when he had no one.

DENIAL.

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 03:35:59 AM »
^I put LeBron & Kobe in the same defensive category, don't be twisting words while you're in denial too lmfao.

You can say Kobe is the better defender, but it's not by enough to make a difference.

I don't care if he's more physically gifted, that's why he's better LMFAO; you can't take away his size just because Kobe doesn't have it.

I might as well say, Kobe is a better shooter, obviously, so you can't use that in your argument. Moron. ::)

"Running away from pressure", "no desire", "no heart", "not as clutch"; I'd like to see these "heart" & "desire" stats that proves whose better. All I see is Kobe getting an immense amount of help & celebrating when he wins. I saw him threatening to run back when he had no one.

DENIAL.

scholar, you're missing the whole point i was making...but first of all, kobe is miles ahead of lebron in terms of defense (ie: kobe shutting down pgs like westbrook and rondo when it called for it, while lebron tried doing the same and came up miserably short). the point, though, was that lebron has NOTHING on kobe in terms of skill...kobe is better in pretty much every facet of the game. like i pointed out, whatever category you can apply the "lebron is better than kobe.." in, would also have to apply for jordan...but either way, it's as ridiculous...that's just a small example. lebron is simply not nearly as good as you truly believe...period.

teecee

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2010, 08:37:36 AM »
Kobe has a better handle (when his finger isn't broken), is a better shooter, has a better post game.

Both Lebron and Kobe are overrated on defense and not on MJ's level (who was also slightly overrated on Defense).

Lebron is a better, more willing passer, is a better rebounder, better shot blocker, better slasher.

Kobe, at this point, because he is winning, is the better player, but Lebron won't be denied for long.  Now he is on a stacked team as well (albeit one that will suck at defense) so we will see how this plays out.

But really, what does MJ have to do with this argument NIK?

Passing-  MJ
Steals- MJ
Blocks-MJ
Rebounds- MJ
Post game-MJ (this is close, but MJ shoots a far higher percentage because he is more efficient in the post)
Drives -MJ (see above)
Outside Shooting- Kobe
Defense- MJ  (this is subjective, so lets look at the stats)