Author Topic: YEA..... Lebron Is Much Better  (Read 1378 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: YEA..... Lebron Is Much Better
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2010, 07:52:35 PM »
The fact Gasol & Jamison are being compared as similar players automatically makes this thread & it's arguments a joke lol.

theremedy360

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »
The fact Gasol & Jamison are being compared as similar players automatically makes this thread & it's arguments a joke lol.

Just cause Jamison didn't fit the Cavs system doesn't mean he's not a great second piece. Yeah he's not quite on Gasol's level but he's alot better than he played with the Cavs last year.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2010, 02:08:09 AM »
random put in, lebronze complains about an elbow and kobe averages more than 30 in the playoffs and wins the finals with a broken SHOOTING finger, a knee that had to be drained more than once in the play offs, and a tweaked ankle.

edit: lol im watchin nba tv right now top ten games of the season lol love how admunson tries to avoid gettin guarded by kobe (on the switch), its literally a  mismatch he just moves away from the paint like "i rather get odom"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:13:07 AM by LooN3y »

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2010, 10:50:27 AM »

Just cause Jamison didn't fit the Cavs system doesn't mean he's not a great second piece. Yeah he's not quite on Gasol's level but he's alot better than he played with the Cavs last year.

I'm not denying that. But Gasol is touted as one of the best big men in basketball & Jamison is one of those "B" All-Stars. Arenas has been gone, he was virtually alone on the Wizards; anybody playing by themselves is going to have an increase of numbers. Even Kobe Bryant had bigger numbers before the Lakers got him help.

Sure, Jamison could play better, but he's not even in the same league to be compared to Gasol.

Gasol is getting more experience in the league & is getting better, he's a better rebounder; that's not Kobe's doing, he can't control his rebounds & he's got some of the finest post moves with great footwork; not Kobe's doing either. The only argument that you could make for Kobe is that teams are so focused on him that Gasol doesn't have as much heat on him.

But unless Kobe was averaging 9-10 assists a game & 8 of them were to Gasol, I can't sit here & listen to "Oh Kobe has made Gasol into this 'best bigman in the league' status". It's a crazed thought.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »
random put in, lebronze complains about an elbow and kobe averages more than 30 in the playoffs and wins the finals with a broken SHOOTING finger, a knee that had to be drained more than once in the play offs, and a tweaked ankle.

edit: lol im watchin nba tv right now top ten games of the season lol love how admunson tries to avoid gettin guarded by kobe (on the switch), its literally a  mismatch he just moves away from the paint like "i rather get odom"

1. And ontop of it...Lebron had Jamison while Kobe was stuck with Gasol.
2. Amundson is a beast

*sarcasm*  :-X
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2010, 01:15:18 PM »

2. Amundson is a beast

i dont know if i saw my big guys not taking advatadge of a mismatch on the offensive end ill be pretty mad, admunson will never be great, nigga has now balls.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2010, 02:44:13 PM »

2. Amundson is a beast

i dont know if i saw my big guys not taking advatadge of a mismatch on the offensive end ill be pretty mad, admunson will never be great, nigga has now balls.

He's an ok back up high energy guy. Thats about it. I would take him on the Spurs actually to play with the second unit. But he isnt anything special other then bringing some energy.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

theremedy360

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2010, 04:41:29 PM »

I'm not denying that. But Gasol is touted as one of the best big men in basketball & Jamison is one of those "B" All-Stars. Arenas has been gone, he was virtually alone on the Wizards; anybody playing by themselves is going to have an increase of numbers. Even Kobe Bryant had bigger numbers before the Lakers got him help.

Sure, Jamison could play better, but he's not even in the same league to be compared to Gasol.

Gasol is getting more experience in the league & is getting better, he's a better rebounder; that's not Kobe's doing, he can't control his rebounds & he's got some of the finest post moves with great footwork; not Kobe's doing either. The only argument that you could make for Kobe is that teams are so focused on him that Gasol doesn't have as much heat on him.

But unless Kobe was averaging 9-10 assists a game & 8 of them were to Gasol, I can't sit here & listen to "Oh Kobe has made Gasol into this 'best bigman in the league' status". It's a crazed thought.

I see what you're saying but you don't necessarily have to average a shitload of assists to help a player out. I also think Jamison had trouble cause LeBron did so much ball handling. Part of that's on James but I think it was more Mike Browns fuck up. He never ran plays for anyone, just constant isolations for LeBron.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »
^Well Mike Brown wasn't even coach; I suppose that's where Phil Jackson gets his respect from. :P

Sccit

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2010, 03:27:12 PM »

idiot, they were both franchise players and nightly double-double threats for their teams before they were traded...in fact, Jamison made 2 all-star teams to Gasol's 1...that's where the comparison ends, though, because Kobe elevated Gasol's game, while LeBron killed Jamison's...if you don't see that, which you probably don't, I can't say i'm surprised.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2010, 04:11:38 PM »

idiot, they were both franchise players and nightly double-double threats for their teams before they were traded...in fact, Jamison made 2 all-star teams to Gasol's 1...that's where the comparison ends, though, because Kobe elevated Gasol's game, while LeBron killed Jamison's...if you don't see that, which you probably don't, I can't say i'm surprised.

For a man who played college ball, you say some stupid shit; although, you're biased, so I guess that's natural.

Gasol got better, he developed. & if it's anything, it's Phil Jackson's schemes, not Kobe Bryant just exisiting.

& like I said, Jamison was all alone on Washington, naturally there is a boost in those stats & stats is what gets you into All-Star games; along with popularity.

Jamison was never a winner either. I mean, you're so quick to point fingers at LeBron and say he can't handle to pressure, but why can't it just be Jamison who crumbled & didn't play well?

BIASED.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2010, 01:40:52 AM »

For a man who played college ball, you say some stupid shit; although, you're biased, so I guess that's natural.

Gasol got better, he developed. & if it's anything, it's Phil Jackson's schemes, not Kobe Bryant just exisiting.

& like I said, Jamison was all alone on Washington, naturally there is a boost in those stats & stats is what gets you into All-Star games; along with popularity.

Jamison was never a winner either. I mean, you're so quick to point fingers at LeBron and say he can't handle to pressure, but why can't it just be Jamison who crumbled & didn't play well?

BIASED.

wtf are you talking about, Jamison was all alone in Washington? He played with a ball-dominant scoring point guard in Gilbert Arenas and Caron Butler, that's two other all-stars...talk about not making sense. And Gasol wasn't a winner before Kobe either...remember, he couldn't even win a playoff game before joining the Lakers. everything i say makes perfect sense, your mind just can't grasp it, because you want to think LeBron is greater than he truly is so fuckin bad, and it's awful...PeACe

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2010, 09:56:04 AM »
^LOL, what? Gilbert has barely been playing the last few seasons & Caron was an all-star, but he's another B player; he's not leading a team to victory.

& LOL, it's hard NOT to be a winner when you're playing with the best player in the game with the "next Wilt Chamberlain", Ron Ron & Odom.

But Gasol clearly stepped him game up, I don't understand how you can possibly give Kobe credit for Gasol becoming less a pillow & a better rebounder lol.

Sccit

« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2010, 07:07:14 PM »
^LOL, what? Gilbert has barely been playing the last few seasons & Caron was an all-star, but he's another B player; he's not leading a team to victory.

& LOL, it's hard NOT to be a winner when you're playing with the best player in the game with the "next Wilt Chamberlain", Ron Ron & Odom.

But Gasol clearly stepped him game up, I don't understand how you can possibly give Kobe credit for Gasol becoming less a pillow & a better rebounder lol.

Jamison was a double-double guy for Washington since 2004, and he was also the face of the Warriors at one point, and even averaged 25 points...

Gasol's and Kobe's game feed off of each other. thats what great players do...Kobe was able to raise Gasol's level of competitiveness and play. Gasol himself will tell you that...Jamison wouldn't.

teecee

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2010, 08:28:24 PM »

Jamison was a double-double guy for Washington since 2004, and he was also the face of the Warriors at one point, and even averaged 25 points...

Gasol's and Kobe's game feed off of each other. thats what great players do...Kobe was able to raise Gasol's level of competitiveness and play. Gasol himself will tell you that...Jamison wouldn't.

In all fairness, Gasol has had a much longer tenure with Kobe than Lebron and Jamison did together, right?
Secondly, the Cavs ran the WORST offense in the league, and few plays were ever actually ran by anyone other than Lebron.  Gasol, on the other hand, was the perfect fit for the Lakers triangle offense.   

Jamison was better a few years ago, but at this point his defense is horrible.  Gasol is much taller and obviously a more effective player, he just had to quit being such a bitch and I DO credit Kobe, and obviously Phil for this.   

Anyway, this thread is getting tired...lets kill it.   MJ> Kobe> Lebron