Author Topic: Game's break lights is set to drop today!  (Read 2812 times)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Re: Game's break lights is set to drop today!
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2010, 01:49:12 AM »
Complex: And as far as the songs themselves, are there songs that you recorded for The R.E.D. Album and then decided, “Oh, I’ll just put this on a mixtape”?

Game: Nah, all of these songs are fresh (except Street Riders, Stop and Pushin It). Everything that you hear me saying is like brand-new. I didn’t take anything old, or anything that was for anything else and put it on this tape. I just went in for about a week straight and recorded a bunch of new stuff. There might be two songs that I had, that I never put out that. I think I went in and finished them and sort of put them on the tape as bonuses.

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »
Recoverey credits?
yeah, the beat is from eminem new album 'recovery', the track is 'amost famous' prod. by Khalil ;)

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2010, 05:54:32 AM »
Game sucks at making hooks. Everyone knows this.

The hook on Brake Lights was the best one he has made in years. Great song.
Actually, I don't know this.  That was one thing I've always hated people for saying "He sucks at making hooks." 
He's always knew how to make hooks.  It's just that some are better than others.  Check back early and I mean early mixtapes
and he was making good hooks even back then.  So I've never felt that argument.  Ok, he's not 50, but who is?

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2010, 08:35:26 AM »
Complex: And as far as the songs themselves, are there songs that you recorded for The R.E.D. Album and then decided, “Oh, I’ll just put this on a mixtape”?

Game: Nah, all of these songs are fresh (except Street Riders, Stop and Pushin It). Everything that you hear me saying is like brand-new. I didn’t take anything old, or anything that was for anything else and put it on this tape. I just went in for about a week straight and recorded a bunch of new stuff. There might be two songs that I had, that I never put out that. I think I went in and finished them and sort of put them on the tape as bonuses.

You see, I know for a fact thats bullshit as a snippet of Extacy came out a year ago, and it was definately made for R.E.D.

Other than that, and the ones you mentioned, It's hard to say that he did everything JUST for this mixtape, when he already lied by saying "two" songs weren't. I would say that every song he's got that Ross flow on was probably made for this, as that was the flow he was sticking with for this mixtape. Everything else is suspect.

Blood$

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2010, 12:08:24 PM »
01. Brake Lights (ft. Busta Rhymes) - 4/5, good opener for the mixtape, Game's voice took me a minute to get used to but he killed it
02. Trading Places (ft. Snoop Dogg - 4/5, DOPE! another good Game/Snoop collab
03. Cold Blood (ft. Busta Rhymes & Dre) - 4/5, kinda short and could have used a third verse from Game or Busta but a cool track nonetheless
04. M.I.A. (3 Heats: Lebron James, Bosh, Wade) - 3/5, dope beat and Game's lyrics were straight but he jacked Bawse's flow
05. Stop (ft. Rick Ross) - 3.5/5, Game could have come harder on his verses but Ross was good and the hook was dope, nice beat too... old track
06. Street Riders (ft. Akon & Nas) - 5/5, lovin' this track right here and happy it's finally out, definitely album worthy
07. HaHaHaHaHa - 4.5/5, I like how the Biggie sample was flipped, Game ripped this one
08. Pushin' It (ft. T.I. & Robin Thicke) - 4/5, smooth track, Game and T.I. didn't have too much chemistry but still a good song
09. That's The Way The Game Goes (ft. Shawty Lo) - 3/5, I give this a 3 cuz the beat is flames and the hook was dope, Game jackin' Shawty Lo's flow =  :-X and Shawty Lo =  :loopaper:
10. Ecstasy - 3/5, it's aiight, maybe will grow on me
11. Phantom Of The Opera (ft. Robin Thicke) - 2.5/5, redundant "phantom"... nuff said
12. Do It B.I.G. (ft. Yung Joc) - 3.5/5, Game's verses were cool and Joc wasn't bad, beat is knockin'
13. You Are The Blood - 4/5, I can see why people were feelin' this one, nice sample and storytelling from Game
14. Get'em (ft. Waka Flocka Flame) - 4/5, I don't care what anybody says about this track just cuz Waka is on it, this is HEAT... tell me you can't jam this one at the gym or in the whip, even the hook on this is catchy and not that bad lyrically
15. Cherry Kool-Aid [Prod. Cool & Dre] - 2.5/5, mehh...
16. Heels & Dresses (X.O. ft. T.Y Dolla Sign) - N/A I never got around to bumpin' this one
17. Blackout - 4.5/5, DOPE sample and beat, Game killed this one without excessive name dropping or jacking any flows  ;)
18. Stadium Music - 3.5/5, it's obvious Game was going for an Eminem flow here but he actually pulled it off, not a bad track
19. Hustlin' (Champions Anthem) - 5/5, Game at his finest

10 tracks I really felt, 4-5 tracks that can be bumped or will grow more on me, and only 3 tracks that I skip so that's not a bad ratio at all... I give this tape a 4/5  8)

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:10:53 PM by BloodMoney2010 »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2010, 12:24:49 PM »
Who produced tradin places? Damn what a bangin song
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »
Who produced tradin places? Damn what a bangin song
Pere already told you that  ::)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2010, 01:11:39 PM »

You see, I know for a fact thats bullshit as a snippet of Extacy came out a year ago, and it was definately made for R.E.D.

Other than that, and the ones you mentioned, It's hard to say that he did everything JUST for this mixtape, when he already lied by saying "two" songs weren't. I would say that every song he's got that Ross flow on was probably made for this, as that was the flow he was sticking with for this mixtape. Everything else is suspect.
a year ago? I never heard it

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2010, 01:16:11 PM »

Blood$

« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2010, 01:38:27 PM »
I'd just like to say this too, who really gives a fuck when a song is from? it's a MIXTAPE, not an album so I don't see the problems  ???

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2010, 01:43:22 PM »
It matters where its from not where its at...my bad i 4get who produced it
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2010, 02:06:16 PM »

my bad, I saw it before, but like BloodMoney said...

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2010, 03:24:28 PM »
01. Brake Lights (ft. Busta Rhymes) - 4/5, good opener for the mixtape, Game's voice took me a minute to get used to but he killed it
02. Trading Places (ft. Snoop Dogg - 4/5, DOPE! another good Game/Snoop collab
03. Cold Blood (ft. Busta Rhymes & Dre) - 4/5, kinda short and could have used a third verse from Game or Busta but a cool track nonetheless
04. M.I.A. (3 Heats: Lebron James, Bosh, Wade) - 3/5, dope beat and Game's lyrics were straight but he jacked Bawse's flow
05. Stop (ft. Rick Ross) - 3.5/5, Game could have come harder on his verses but Ross was good and the hook was dope, nice beat too... old track
06. Street Riders (ft. Akon & Nas) - 5/5, lovin' this track right here and happy it's finally out, definitely album worthy
07. HaHaHaHaHa - 4.5/5, I like how the Biggie sample was flipped, Game ripped this one
08. Pushin' It (ft. T.I. & Robin Thicke) - 4/5, smooth track, Game and T.I. didn't have too much chemistry but still a good song
09. That's The Way The Game Goes (ft. Shawty Lo) - 3/5, I give this a 3 cuz the beat is flames and the hook was dope, Game jackin' Shawty Lo's flow =  :-X and Shawty Lo =  :loopaper:
10. Ecstasy - 3/5, it's aiight, maybe will grow on me
11. Phantom Of The Opera (ft. Robin Thicke) - 2.5/5, redundant "phantom"... nuff said
12. Do It B.I.G. (ft. Yung Joc) - 3.5/5, Game's verses were cool and Joc wasn't bad, beat is knockin'
13. You Are The Blood - 4/5, I can see why people were feelin' this one, nice sample and storytelling from Game
14. Get'em (ft. Waka Flocka Flame) - 4/5, I don't care what anybody says about this track just cuz Waka is on it, this is HEAT... tell me you can't jam this one at the gym or in the whip, even the hook on this is catchy and not that bad lyrically
15. Cherry Kool-Aid [Prod. Cool & Dre] - 2.5/5, mehh...
16. Heels & Dresses (X.O. ft. T.Y Dolla Sign) - N/A I never got around to bumpin' this one
17. Blackout - 4.5/5, DOPE sample and beat, Game killed this one without excessive name dropping or jacking any flows  ;)
18. Stadium Music - 3.5/5, it's obvious Game was going for an Eminem flow here but he actually pulled it off, not a bad track
19. Hustlin' (Champions Anthem) - 5/5, Game at his finest

10 tracks I really felt, 4-5 tracks that can be bumped or will grow more on me, and only 3 tracks that I skip so that's not a bad ratio at all... I give this tape a 4/5  8)

I think the flow on Blackout was like hearing Jay-Z . Hook could have been done by Mr. Hudson.. maybe a BP3 leftover? lol