Author Topic: Watched Beef 3, reminded me how much Royce fucked up his career  (Read 1064 times)

Bananas

Re: Watched Beef 3, reminded me how much Royce fucked up his career
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 12:10:37 AM »
He was too smart to be a hypeman, but not talented enough to become a successful solo rapper. He'll forever haunt rapper purgatory.

Fraxxx

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 12:31:29 AM »
He was too smart to be a hypeman, but not talented enough to become a successful solo rapper. He'll forever haunt rapper purgatory.

You sound like it couldn't be a decent career below Em status/superstardom. :)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 02:45:33 AM »
Yo, I bet Em would gladly switch places with Royce fame-wise..  Royce maybe got the better end of the stick, he ain't have to spiral into drug abuse from constant touring and big label pressure...

Wait Royce is an alchoholic n/m....

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 05:46:26 AM »
The first d-12 diss that came out was recorded before hand. Any a who Dre was still going to work with Royce even after those comments leaked. It was not that he was on Tommy Boy that ended that relationship. Royce chose his manager over Dre. Bad move in hindsight. The thing was you guys see when Alchemist brought up when he met Eminem? It was before he was famous or dyed his hair,and Alchemist said Em went around telling everybody how dope Royce was. Royce has a song talking about what he learned from Em. At the time it may have seemed as a better move.

Interesting story.  Yeah, Eminem loved Royce.  He also believed in Royce as an artist.  That means a whole lot in the industry.  To have another artist believe in you early in your career. 

...To think of what a Royce album would of sounded like on Aftermath and/or Shady Records back then, it would of a 5 Mic Classic.  It would of been the quality of something like Nas' Stillmatic album, and sold double platinum as well.   They might of even changed the lyrics of "The Throne Is Mine" just a little bit and given it to Royce as a single, the whole thing would of been HUGE!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)