Author Topic: how has the bad economical situation of the world affected you?  (Read 1031 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

how has the bad economical situation of the world affected you?
« on: December 15, 2002, 01:15:09 PM »
i mean we know the situation worldwide is bad...

but how has it changed your everyday life?

personally, one thing that has changed is that we barely go out to eat. couple years ago we often went to restaurants on sundays or something.. now we just cant spend the money, you gotta save where you can (which is bad for my dad since hes got 2 restaurants lol)

also, i just cant buy shit like that.. everytime i wanna spend a dollar (euro whatever) i think about it.. im like "yo how much money you got left".. something i cant control myself with is CDs.. if im in a store and see a good CD, i buy it.. cant help it...

but how has this affected you?

Trauma-san

Re:how has the bad economical situation of the world affected you?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 01:17:07 PM »
I don't have a job.  That's 1 way...

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 01:27:31 PM »
It hasn't affected me yet, still got the same amount of disposable income and still buy the same amount of stuff/spend the same amount on going out.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 07:06:23 PM »
I used to get nightstock jobs back in 2000 and they were chill. Plenty of employee's, you could just kick it.

Then the economy got bad and they started downsizing and trying to get by with the bear minimum, sqeeze the employee's to the last drop.  It's ugly out there for real.  

A Muslim ended up helping me out or I would of gotten burnt by the job market.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 07:36:36 PM »
i live in ny an in about an hour there is goin to be a transit strike an tha whole tri state area is goin to be completely fucked.

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2002, 12:03:41 AM »
One of my dad's companies (where I work) has been really slow lately.  I had to work all last week without pay.  

Quakaveli

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2002, 04:49:03 PM »
1 year ago I got laid off cuz of the damn economy...but if I hadnt been fuckin around as much I woulda been kept, so it wasnt totally the economys fault

budsmokeronly

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2002, 07:37:44 PM »
well I am graduating in June with a degree in business finance, so it probably would be hard to get a job straight out of school that I really like and pays like I would like.  I think I will be affected in that aspect of the economy.  But I don't even know if I wanna go straight to work for some company and jump into a career right away.  Other than that I don't think that it has effected me much at all.  I made more money this last year than any other year of my life.  At the begining of the year I worked for a place that went bankrupt in march.  I was out of a job for about a month, and I collected from unemployment.  Haha it was cool, I got like $600 for being unemployed.  But then I had to quit being lazy and I got another job.  Since then I have been making pretty decent money.  So within like the past 8 months have been better for me economy-wise, than any other time of my life.  It is really weird considering how bad the economy is supposed to be.

Instant_Killa

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2002, 07:54:42 PM »
i don know man, im tryin to live it one day at a time...There are a lot of taxes in this state that i live in-British Columbia, so i dont end up saving much...the average family in my state spends 57 000 canadian a year , 13,200 is spent only on paying income taxes, 13,650 is spent on shelter, 8,083 is spent on housing and 7,457 is spent on food...so life is expensive ....i don know about there in the US, u americans have less taxes and + ur dollar has more value...we on the other hand in canada have free health care...

my dad works at this insurance company, its been 2 years since ive come to canada, so ive used up alot of my savings and all coming here and settling and all, but things are going smooth, but as yall know it happens through time...i got one homie whos new here , he came from my place UAE from Abu Dhabi, like 2 months ago, and his dad is having probs finding a job... When i came here, my dad didnt have a job for like 6 months, he was a bank manager in a bank in Dubai, but here in canada no one gave him any job of that kind, once sad thing is that we werent told that finding jobs here would be difficult and that a person would not get a good job even if he had so and so experiece . The bottom line is that the ppl want u to have CANADIAN QUALIFICATIONS. Anyway, once we came to know about this, my dad completed an insurance course and got a good job.He is now doing smooth at the insurance business.  But i was really disturbed when the immigration officials neever told us about the dificulties in getting jobs here and we were even mislead by our friends.

for my family, as new comers here weve settled pretty fast u know...many struggle when they come to canada at first..ppl here i know did shitty jobs when they came here from india, they couldnt get any jobs even if they had qualifications , they had to either redo the whole course or find a smaller job to do...but ppl whove come here have worked their asses off and are rich now...

but anywayz, its all good...i dont find life much different here in canada, other than there are LESS LUXURIES HERE THAN FROM WHERE I CAME FROM..its not like you see a bmw or a ferrari or a rolls royce every here and there, ofcourse in dubai it was a different story... but i came for the better...

Canada is a beutiful place and i respect that.

Economical situation analysis :--oil prices
well, i think the oil prices will go up soon, and ever since that kyoto accord that canada has agreed to recently. fuel prices are gonna go up by 50 % i heard, electricity is gonna be expensive and so on...so weve got tougher days ahead...i think ill move to ALberta sometime after i get my engineering degree , there are only 7 % taxes there and life is good, its an oil rich state and has plenty of money....

Or maybe ill even come to toronto and move there sometime, its got more job opportunities than any other place in canada, my bros homie for example went to toronto from dubai, his dad is a hotel manager over there, so thats pretty cool..

ight thats it

peace
« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 08:04:27 PM by +Apocalypse+ »

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2002, 10:49:05 PM »
i don know man, im tryin to live it one day at a time...There are a lot of taxes in this state that i live in-British Columbia, so i dont end up saving much...the average family in my state spends 57 000 canadian a year , 13,200 is spent only on paying income taxes, 13,650 is spent on shelter, 8,083 is spent on housing and 7,457 is spent on food...so life is expensive ....i don know about there in the US, u americans have less taxes and + ur dollar has more value...we on the other hand in canada have free health care...

my dad works at this insurance company, its been 2 years since ive come to canada, so ive used up alot of my savings and all coming here and settling and all, but things are going smooth, but as yall know it happens through time...i got one homie whos new here , he came from my place UAE from Abu Dhabi, like 2 months ago, and his dad is having probs finding a job... When i came here, my dad didnt have a job for like 6 months, he was a bank manager in a bank in Dubai, but here in canada no one gave him any job of that kind, once sad thing is that we werent told that finding jobs here would be difficult and that a person would not get a good job even if he had so and so experiece . The bottom line is that the ppl want u to have CANADIAN QUALIFICATIONS. Anyway, once we came to know about this, my dad completed an insurance course and got a good job.He is now doing smooth at the insurance business.  But i was really disturbed when the immigration officials neever told us about the dificulties in getting jobs here and we were even mislead by our friends.

for my family, as new comers here weve settled pretty fast u know...many struggle when they come to canada at first..ppl here i know did shitty jobs when they came here from india, they couldnt get any jobs even if they had qualifications , they had to either redo the whole course or find a smaller job to do...but ppl whove come here have worked their asses off and are rich now...

but anywayz, its all good...i dont find life much different here in canada, other than there are LESS LUXURIES HERE THAN FROM WHERE I CAME FROM..its not like you see a bmw or a ferrari or a rolls royce every here and there, ofcourse in dubai it was a different story... but i came for the better...

Canada is a beutiful place and i respect that.

Economical situation analysis :--oil prices
well, i think the oil prices will go up soon, and ever since that kyoto accord that canada has agreed to recently. fuel prices are gonna go up by 50 % i heard, electricity is gonna be expensive and so on...so weve got tougher days ahead...i think ill move to ALberta sometime after i get my engineering degree , there are only 7 % taxes there and life is good, its an oil rich state and has plenty of money....

Or maybe ill even come to toronto and move there sometime, its got more job opportunities than any other place in canada, my bros homie for example went to toronto from dubai, his dad is a hotel manager over there, so thats pretty cool..

ight thats it

peace

British Columbia is a Province not a state, lol.  Anyway, yeah it is expensive as hell livin here.  Vancouver and it's metropolitan cities are the most expensive places in Canada to live.  $300, 000.00  will get you a normal everyday house.  BC's economy is doing quite bad right now.  If we get the 2010 olympics it should create new jobs.  I heard that we might also be getting a Mitsubishi car plant here too.  Most cars are built in Ontario, but they gonna start doing it out here now.  

And for all the luxury stuff, man you live in Surrey, lol.  What do you expect to see?  Take a drive out to West Vancouver.  It homes the most Millionaires in Canada.  Houses out there range from $500 000.00 up to $13 000 000.00.  Their's some crazy shit out there.

Plus you've only lived here for 2 years.  I've lived here all my life, I've seen the city grow.  And it's only gonna get bigger and better.  

Instant_Killa

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2002, 10:55:21 PM »
^^ill take that advice man, i still have a lot to see here

Suga Foot

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2002, 10:59:31 PM »
I also just realized, I have never been to UAE, so I can't say which is better, I'm just saying, Vancouver is my favorite place in the world  ;D.  

Hack Wilson - real

Re: how has the bad economical situation of the world affected you?
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 06:31:21 PM »
mexico man is picking oranges for a livin